U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:31 PM

20,319 posts, read 15,670,237 times

Advertisements

1 John 5:10 The one who does not believe God has made Him a liar...

1 John 5:10 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten (uniquely born) Son, that who ever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:18 ''He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''

For those who would pervert the Gospel

Galatians 1:6-10 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7) which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you, and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8) But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9) As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed. 10) For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.

Last edited by Mike555; 10-28-2009 at 09:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 05:00 AM

30,255 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

1 John 5:10 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten (uniquely born) Son, that who ever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:18 ''He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''

Galatians 1:6-10 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7) which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you, and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8) But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9) As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed. 10) For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
Would you mind sharing just one scripture from the book of Acts where the apostles used wrath and judgement in association with the preaching of the good news .

Also tell me this why would God speak of wrath and judgement in the presentation of the good news when He knew we acted in ignorance in putting is Son Jesus to death ? .

Why did Jesus dying on the cross say "Father forgive them for they know not what they do", only to rise and ascend and attach wrath and judgement to the message of the good news ?

Acts 3

17"Now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Christ[a] would suffer. 19Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus

Thanks

Pcamps

Old 10-29-2009, 06:27 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,817,396 times
Quote:

Maybe some of us would believe your "god" if he would have done a better job getting the message across. Ya know, a book that actually makes a lick of sense. An not smiting folks left and right would have set a better example.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:12 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,121,611 times
Quote:

Luke 10:25 And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"

26 And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?"
27 And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." 28 And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."

Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails.....

All God requires of us is to LOVE...something so simple and yet, something so very hard for some...If we walk in pure and unblemished LOVE with God and our fellow man, we will truly be the people God wants us to be...any other yoke of bondage that man tries to place on a child of God...is nothing more than a teaching of carnal man.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:13 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,047,457 times
Quote:

Yes, I so believe the gospel....every word spoken in His word. It is life to those who believe!

Isn't God's word wonderful! Isn't it beautiful how God gave these words to you....Mike, and the faith to believe them!!
He always brings it to our hearts in our hour of need to help, protect, encourage, us in all things!
And that He gave us His Spirit, our Helper to come along side of us shedding His light in the darkness that tries to deceive His people, delivering us through the power of His word, giving us the understanding of His Truth when the enemy reviles and says all kinds of evil!!
For His word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path! Praise the Lord!

For You will light my lamp;
the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
For by You I can run against a troop,
By My God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
the word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
Ps.18:28-30

Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 AM

30,255 posts, read 20,007,605 times
He(Jesus) found the place where it is written:18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

Says it all

(Fancy that Jesus taking the scripture out of context,well according to the Fundy's because he left out judgement and wrath out of the good news)

Last edited by pcamps; 10-29-2009 at 07:35 AM..

Old 10-29-2009, 07:31 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,121,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He(Jesus) found the place where it is written:18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

Says it all

(Fancy that Jesus taking the scripture out of context,well according to the Fundy's because he left out judgement and wrath out of the good news)
Those who preach condemnation and punishment instead of mercy and love will receive the same as they preach to everyone else...very sad.

Mt 7:2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,489,748 times
Quote:

Do You Believe the Gospel?
Well Mike, as you have asked me this question, Let me tell you what I believe and you tell me where I might have a problem.

(I will number the list for easy reference)

1 - I believe in the Holy Trinity
2- Salvation by Grace though our Faith, to those who believe.
3 - Jesus died most likely on Friday night
4 - tongues is still here I guess, but I dont speak in them, and so I don't criticize any who do, but then again, I tend to think they are crazy a little too.
5 - Drinking a beer is fine with God
6 - Baptism is not needed to be saved, it is only a sign to the world you have been saved
7 - evolution is likely true, and it does not disagree with genesis
8 - Jesus still has a human body of flesh and bone
9 - one day I too will have a everlasting body of flesh and bone
10 - the lake of fire is the final end to the lost
11 - Pamella Anderson is starting to look a bit old
12 - I have no idea about the order of end time events, but I also totaly reject all attempts to do "Bible math" to learn when things might happen
13 - no 13, as it's bad luck
14 - being gay is a sin, and the gays should never be allowed to lead churches
15 - I dont have any problem with infant baptism...however I would not have a problem if later the person wanted to be dunked again
16 - I find that one drop of water is more than enough to baptise with
17 - Christ died on a cross, not on a single stake

Old 10-29-2009, 07:58 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,047,457 times
Quote:
18.The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
19. to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
Ah....thank you Jesus, for you words!! The gospel is great news for all the world!
Jesus said.....
"If you abide in My word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed!

Yahoo! Because of the good news of the gospel we are free indeed!!! The greatest news to be free from the darkness of the bondage of unbelief and because of you, Lord Jesus now we can worship the Father in spirit and truth! Sin (unbelief) shall never have dominion over us any more!

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
"How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
who bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom.10:14-15
Amen!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:49 AM

29,743 posts, read 47,557,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Yes, I so believe the gospel .... every word spoken in His word. It is life to those who believe!

Isn't God's word wonderful! Isn't it beautiful how God gave these words to you .... Mike, and the faith to believe them!!
He always brings it to our hearts in our hour of need to help, protect, encourage, us in all things!
And that He gave us His Spirit, our Helper to come along side of us shedding His light in the darkness that tries to deceive His people, delivering us through the power of His word, giving us the understanding of His Truth when the enemy reviles and says all kinds of evil!!
For His word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path! Praise the Lord!

For You will light my lamp;
the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
For by You I can run against a troop,
By My God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
the word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
Ps.18:28-30
Good post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or