U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-31-2009, 06:36 PM

6,766 posts, read 7,846,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander M. View Post
Catholics aren't Christians, so I don't know why you put the two terms next to each other. Popery is incompatible with true Christianity.
Well I expected that response, another reason I don't post here. Carry on.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 06:41 PM

2,345 posts, read 2,637,629 times
Default Just thought of this.

Millions of innocent little children dress up and go trick or treating every year....yet you don't see a whole lot of demon posessed tots running to around.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:45 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,207,373 times
Quote:
Catholics aren't Christians, so I don't know why you put the two terms next to each other. Popery is incompatible with true Christianity.
With the ignorance you so unrighteously judge others....God will judge you. You should be ashamed of yourself for making such a disgusting comment to someone you don't know.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:46 PM

1,632 posts, read 2,239,989 times
Quote:
Perhaps you will when you are denied entry into Heaven and forced to eternally suffer in Hell.
Oh come on!

This is just ridiculous...

the debate is about whether Halloween is an invitation to the occult.

I think it is not, it is just like Christmas, the 'true' meaning (whatever one thinks that is) is no longer a part of the celebration. It is about having fun.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:51 PM

12,900 posts, read 6,974,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Ok, my mother, in a stellar example of good judgement and parenting, allowed me to watch "The Exorcist" when I was like 9 or 10 yrs old. Needless to say, I was TERROR stricken. See, I went to Catholic school K-12 and had been endoctrinated to believe in Satan and demons and Hell. So,when I saw that movie, I really freaked, nightmares, insomnia, the whole bit. So, if I was exposed this way to the supposed demonic, then why wasn't I demonically posessed or oppressed? This idea that one can be taken over by demonic forces by watching a scary movie or carving a pumpkin or dressing up and trick-or-treating is absolutely absurd! Oh, btw I just love all the judging and condemning on this thread, it's just so Christ-like, right?
Continued habitual indulgence in occultic practices invites demonic influence into the life. And in the case of an unbeliever, can result in actual possession. Involving yourself in things such as seances, astrology, tarot card readings, the new age practice of channeling, necromancy,etc..., is anti-God and is Satanic to the core. The more one exposes himself to these things either as a believer (who will not and cannot lose his salvation) or as an unbeliever, the more the more he places himself at emnity with God.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:52 PM

80 posts, read 101,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
With the ignorance you so unrighteously judge others....God will judge you. You should be ashamed of yourself for making such a disgusting comment to someone you don't know.
The comment isn't about the person in question. Rather, it's about the religion they claim to be a part of. The simple truth is that Roman Catholicism is not Christianity, and one can see that when one looks at it. First and foremost, Catholics, whether they admit it or not, worship Mary as a co-deity (some even go so far as to call her a co-redemptrix), when she was just a lowly human. God is the only one to be worshiped!

Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Oh come on!

This is just ridiculous...

the debate is about whether Halloween is an invitation to the occult.

I think it is not, it is just like Christmas, the 'true' meaning (whatever one thinks that is) is no longer a part of the celebration. It is about having fun.
It is better to please God, then to 'have fun' by indulging in the things of the world.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 PM

3,463 posts, read 2,635,735 times
I think Halloween does offer obsession with "the dark side" and what the occult has to offer. In our anchor-less society, it becomes quite dangerous.

However, I do not think that a believer can ever become demon-possessed. Only influenced and tempted to sin.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:56 PM

80 posts, read 101,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It is better to please God, then to 'have fun' by indulging in the things of the world.
I agree; only a complete narcissist would place himself and his worldly pleasure over the commands and laws of God.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
The comment isn't about the person in question. Rather, it's about the religion they claim to be a part of. The simple truth is that Roman Catholicism is not Christianity, and one can see that when one looks at it. First and foremost, Catholics, whether they admit it or not, worship Mary as a co-deity (some even go so far as to call her a co-redemptrix), when she was just a lowly human. God is the only one to be worshiped!
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity