U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 12:25 PM

12,787 posts, read 6,768,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
See, what I feel is "Satanic" is a man-made RELIGION like CHRISTIANITY that believes smugly that they are somehow perfect because they have some kind of express pass to heaven, while they practice a RELIGION of exclusivity. I, myself, am no longer a Christian because a beautiful religion has been perverted by preaching hate, fear, prejudice towards other faiths or anything that is not deemed "Christian" enough. Posts like the one I'm responding to are truly the reason I can't subscribe to Christianity anymore. Why is it so hard to accept the fact that there are many religions besides Christianity? Why is that so troublesome? I'm not a Hindu or Muslim but frankly I don't care what they worship nor do I believe they or anyone else practicing a different religion, will go to hell. Who are we, as mere fallable humans, to judge or condemn someone who believes in a "different" God(s)? I'm sorry but I find it reprehensible to smugly exclude and condemn others just because they believe differently. Btw, how could any group that doesn't even believe in the devil, be worshipping it when there is no intent?

Jesus said, '' I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. (John 14:6)

''Enter by the narrow gate (the Gospel); for the gate is wide, and the way is broad (religion) that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter (destruction) by it(religion). ''For the gate is small, and the way is narrow (the Gospel of salvation through faith in Christ) that leads to life, and few are those who find it. (Matthew 7:13)

Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 12:52 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,741,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone!!!
Salvation is by grace alone (1), through faith alone(2), in Christ alone (3)!!!

I count three things.. how can any one of those be alone?

Old 10-31-2009, 03:02 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,151,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
See, what I feel is "Satanic" is a man-made RELIGION like CHRISTIANITY that believes smugly that they are somehow perfect because they have some kind of express pass to heaven, while they practice a RELIGION of exclusivity. I, myself, am no longer a Christian because a beautiful religion has been perverted by preaching hate, fear, prejudice towards other faiths or anything that is not deemed "Christian" enough. Posts like the one I'm responding to are truly the reason I can't subscribe to Christianity anymore. Why is it so hard to accept the fact that there are many religions besides Christianity? Why is that so troublesome? I'm not a Hindu or Muslim but frankly I don't care what they worship nor do I believe they or anyone else practicing a different religion, will go to hell. Who are we, as mere fallable humans, to judge or condemn someone who believes in a "different" God(s)? I'm sorry but I find it reprehensible to smugly exclude and condemn others just because they believe differently. Btw, how could any group that doesn't even believe in the devil, be worshipping it when there is no intent?
Please don't discount Christianity or real Christians because of a few BAD APPLES....we are not all like that nor do we all think the way the BAD APPLES do....alot of us actually know that Jesus came to show us the way to God and that God will not condemn anyone to "Hell" but will accomplish what He started by saving the world. A lot of us don't run around condemning people like the BAD APPLES do....we try to share the true Gospel message which is Gods love and mercy. Finding God is a personal and individual experience....however it is done. I don't believe there is a wrong way or a right way....if you are seeking Him, that only tells me that He is already seeking you and will find you in His time. Don't give up on God because of stupid, irrational and carnal men. Keep in mind that the BAD APPLES are just immature and don't really KNOW God at all... just see them for who they are and move on....don't allow their ignorant and judgmental attitudes to deter you in your journey.

Be Blessed!
Christy

Old 10-31-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
All these insignificant, petty concerns is what creates suspicion and enemies of christianity. If one's faith in God is shaken by some holiday or custom or what is worse, if one wants to censor what others should do, then that, as a Christian, really concerns me. If society as we know it would collapse, how long would it take for those self empowered christians to try and make others adhere to what they believe is "the truth" according to them. To be a true christian is on the opposite end of the scale of most tv evangelist and fundamentalist who are empowered by the money and the control they have over mislead and misinformed christains. A true christain understands that there are so many other important things going on in our world than to be bogged down by some frivolous holiday. pagan or not, A true christain can take the holiday and make it a fun family event and make it thier own. despite the origins. God gave us understanding and freedom in the truth, not to be bound by such irrelevant things. Fundalmentalist should be be more concerned about how their children, as they get older,are going to react after being under such oppressive narrow minded control, not a jack-o-lantern or a witches costume. It's for fun, not to indoctrinate. My God, how many criminals can you trace back to observing Halloween? How many screwed up kids can you find from all these narrow minded, non christain rules and oppression? God gave us logic, try using it.
Very Well Said!!

Old 10-31-2009, 03:13 PM

14,851 posts, read 17,695,192 times
Quote:
Pagan traditions behind the treats.

Halloween: Invitation To The Occult? - 66/40 - K-House
There are time to put religious differences behind us. Who cares anyway. Halloween is a holiday to be ENJOYED whatever its origin or whatever its connotation.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-31-2009, 03:40 PM

80 posts, read 100,755 times
Mike, don't worry about those calling you names like a "bad apple". I believe you are right and that Halloween is Satanic; anyone who believes otherwise is blind, either by nature or because they like Halloween and they don't want to accept the truth.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:42 PM

80 posts, read 100,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Who cares anyway.

20yrsinBranson
Perhaps you will when you are denied entry into Heaven and forced to eternally suffer in Hell.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:01 PM

12,787 posts, read 6,768,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
There are time to put religious differences behind us. Who cares anyway. Halloween is a holiday to be ENJOYED whatever its origin or whatever its connotation.

20yrsinBranson
Who cares? Only those who care for the truth. Only those who realize that though they are in the world, they are not of this world (John 17:14-21). Only those who understand that friendship with the world is enmity with God (James 4:4).

Old 10-31-2009, 04:45 PM

1,244 posts, read 1,257,850 times
Quote:
I don't care one bit what people think about what I said. I am telling whoever will listen, that you can only come to God through Christ. And every single religion on the face of this earth, is straight from the mind of Satan. And in case someone reading this didn't read the previous post, Christianity is not a religion. Love does not drown truth. Sincerity means nothing if it is not grounded in truth. If you do not believe in Christ for salvation, all the love in the world will not prevent you from being thrown into the lake of fire for all eternity. And that is the aim of Satan in using his ace trump-religion. To prevent a person from being saved.
Christ is Love, so yes, Love will save us, not the letters that compose his name nor can the language barrier of different religions stop that

Old 10-31-2009, 04:47 PM

Whew....how things get so blown totally out of proportion on this forum!!!

Jesus came that we may have life....and have it abundantly. Ya'll worry more about "satan" and what he's doing than you do actually living the abundant "LIFE" that Jesus gave you. We are not to live in "fear" because perfect love (Jesus' love in us) drives out fear.....start living the life Jesus gave you and quit living in fear and condemnation....it will make a huge difference in your outlook....and those around you will rejoice.

Col 2:16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

P.S. God's not gonna give a rats bottom that my kids and I went trick or treating....because He knows our hearts and that is what He looks at....we belong to Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity