U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 04:58 PM

2,345 posts, read 2,530,798 times
Default What is REALLY sick is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I don't celebrate Halloween. We went to what is called Helloween. It was really nice, kinda shows what is like to be in hell. It was cool, a really good message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
If that's what you consider "cool".....that's really kind of sick.

What is really sick is thinking it was cool to see what hell is like knowing that your loving god is the one sending people there even though he created this whole mess. THAT is sick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 05:00 PM

3,587 posts, read 3,554,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
What is really sick is thinking it was cool to see what hell is like knowing that your loving god is the one sending people there even though he created this whole mess. THAT is sick!
What is sick is you don't understood what I wrote. I said it was cool, meaning how it was put together. People at the end were ministering.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Yes....men like to entertain and their followers like to be entertained. However, My God would never act so callously....He is loving and merciful....and did not send His son in vain. PRAISE GOD!!
My God is loving and merciful, and In the end He said that He will send those, to bad you don't believe what He said. You can smile but you can't change what He said that He would do.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:03 PM

1,632 posts, read 2,158,813 times
Yikes! Halloween is no more an invitation to the occult than Christmas is to paganism.

Lighten up, wear a costume, hand out some candy, have fun.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:14 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,045,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
My God is loving and merciful, and In the end He said that He will send those, to bad you don't believe what He said. You can smile but you can't change what He said that He would do.
I am truly thankful that God has revealed His truth to me and that I no longer allow men, with their carnal interpretations of scripture, dictate who my God is. I will pray that He will open your eyes to His LOVE and infinite MERCY.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:16 PM

6,766 posts, read 7,510,687 times
Lots of Christian love in this thread ...this is exactly why I rarely post in this forum. I'm Christian/Catholic btw.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I am truly thankful that God has revealed His truth to me and that I no longer allow men, with their carnal interpretations of scripture, dictate who my God is. I will pray that He will open your eyes to His LOVE and infinite MERCY.
Yes, I encourage you to pray, then maybe God can reveal the rest, the rest that you refuse to believe that He has already said. Don't allow me to do anything, but allow God to reveal and open your eyes. I am not trying to dictate who your god is, because your god may not even be the God of the bible. I don't put limits on God, I take Him at His Word and believe what He says. If He says that He will send those to Hell, then that is what He means. Sorry, you can't believe that God would do that, but He said that He would.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:29 PM

80 posts, read 98,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Lots of Christian love in this thread ...this is exactly why I rarely post in this forum. I'm Christian/Catholic btw.
Catholics aren't Christians, so I don't know why you put the two terms next to each other. Popery is incompatible with true Christianity.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:30 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,758,198 times
Ok, my mother, in a stellar example of good judgement and parenting, allowed me to watch "The Exorcist" when I was like 9 or 10 yrs old. Needless to say, I was TERROR stricken. See, I went to Catholic school K-12 and had been endoctrinated to believe in Satan and demons and Hell. So,when I saw that movie, I really freaked, nightmares, insomnia, the whole bit. So, if I was exposed this way to the supposed demonic, then why wasn't I demonically posessed or oppressed? This idea that one can be taken over by demonic forces by watching a scary movie or carving a pumpkin or dressing up and trick-or-treating is absolutely absurd! Oh, btw I just love all the judging and condemning on this thread, it's just so Christ-like, right?

Old 10-31-2009, 05:33 PM

80 posts, read 98,811 times
Where did I advocate the watching of horror films by children. Again, someone mentions Catholics; Catholicism is a pagan/Christian hybrid religion independent of Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity