Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:19 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
My mother in-law's son was killed in the womb when a doctor inserted a needle to remove amniotic fluid from the sac, and got the baby in the head. Three weeks before delivery. Does it sound right that God would not have yet given a soul to a child that (like us), could feel hunger when it would suck it's thumb in the womb?? Or would he not give a soul to a child who used it's brain to think to suck it's thumb due to hunger??? Not the God who loves us more than we love each other.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Why would a baby in uterus suck on it's thumb because of hunger? The placenta isn't doing it's job if the baby is hungry. I think that has more to do with the sucking reflex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 01:23 AM

723 posts, read 1,046,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Why would a baby in uterus suck on it's thumb because of hunger? The placenta isn't doing it's job if the baby is hungry. I think that has more to do with the sucking reflex.
So you believe that the sucking is not a result of a human reaction, or human thought???
Just a process of growing to become a human???
Does this mean my mother in-law's baby never was???

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 11-04-2009, 01:35 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
So you believe that the sucking is not a result of a human reaction, or human thought???
Just a process of growing to become a human???
Does this mean my mother in-law's baby never was???

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Has nothing to do with any belief of mine but from the study of midwifery. Babies receive food and oxygen through the placenta. The baby is never hungry in the womb unless something is terribly wrong with the placenta. And it is imperative that a baby learns how to suck as that is their only way to get of food after birth. Babies draw breaths of water too in the later stages because they will need the ability to use their lungs as soon as they are born. These don't indicate that the baby is not able to feel pain, or is without spirit.. just that they aren't hungry. I know that each of my children were different from one another in the womb from my perspective..

I don't know one way or the other but ... a loss is a loss and it is a tragic whatever your belief is.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:39 AM

723 posts, read 1,046,061 times
Quote:
Has nothing to do with any belief of mine but from the study of midwifery. Babies receive food and oxygen through the placenta. The baby is never hungry in the womb unless something is terribly wrong with the placenta. And it is imperative that a baby learns how to suck as that is their only way to get of food after birth. Babies draw breaths of water too in the later stages because they will need the ability to use their lungs as soon as they are born. These don't indicate that the baby is not able to feel pain, or is without spirit.. just that they aren't hungry. I know that each of my children were different from one another in the womb from my perspective..

I don't know one way or the other but ... a loss is a loss and it is a tragic whatever your belief is.
Thanks for clearing that up Kat, and Amen!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 11-04-2009, 01:45 AM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Mike seems to state otherwise:
That would be why I said I TEND to agree with his identification of birth as the time God plants the "seed" of an eternal soul. But from conception on . . . we are definitely talking about a human being . . . it is never anything else just because the term fetus is used.
Quote:
So, Mike you are very, very wrong!
OK! . . . maybe ONE wrong.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:49 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That would be why I said I TEND to agree with his identification of birth as the time God plants the "seed" of an eternal soul. But from conception on . . . we are definitely talking about a human being . . . it is never anything else just because the term fetus is used.
OK! . . . maybe ONE wrong.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:50 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
The line from unbelief to belief.. or did they all start out believers?
Oh - that line.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,152 times
this is also an interesting chart, with more biblical references and not following Talmudic myths

http://www.concordant.org/images/DIVINECAL11X17.jpg

Old 11-04-2009, 02:18 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
this is also an interesting chart, with more biblical references and not following Talmudic myths

http://www.concordant.org/images/DIVINECAL11X17.jpg
WOW!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 02:25 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You are very, very wrong Mike! God knew the name of this child before the foundation of the earth!
Yes. God knew the names of everyone before they existed. But before they existed they weren't human. Because they didn't exist. The omniscience of God knows everything, both actual-what will be, and potential-what might have been.

The biological processes that occur in the womb construct the house into which God places the soul at the point of birth. When the soul is placed into the body, then there is a resident in the house. Then there is human life. Until then, it is simply biological life only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity