U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:09 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
But Jesus will forgive them. Remember you can do anything you want and just ask god to forgive you. But god forbid you live a good clean upstanding life as an atheist!
If a person finds repentance in their heart and turns to the Lord, I have no problem with them being forgiven of all their sins.

But if a unbeliever does not repent, then Im not going to shed a tear over them wallowing in the flames of hell for all eternity too...

"Thats just too bad for you, now burn baby burn"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,049,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
So, this is what is becoming of the aborted babies. Watch for it, folks, they might even come to a restaurant menu near you

The anti-foetus crowd have taken it to a new level and are even defending it with statements from Papal documents, skewing them out of context.

Pharmaceutical company cites Vatican document to defend its use of aborted baby

Discusting!!

Old 11-07-2009, 08:58 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,687,970 times
Can what I just read be true??

I was out all day doing church/charity work. And I was put to the task of assorting pamphlets which go out tomorrow.

I took a peek and it was about the health-care bill. I read a line which disturbed me a lot......

"Mandates the coverage of abortion"

Old 11-07-2009, 11:59 PM

another reason there are many people growing more and more upset with this current leadership....

Old 11-08-2009, 01:26 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear God......what has our world come to.
It truly is horrible ... But its not anything new ... The ancients use to sacrifice their children to the God Molech in the valley of Hinnom among other places and to other gods around the world ... They would Burn their children alive ... Something God said never came into his mind for them to do(though many Christians claim that God plans on doing the same to the majority of his offspring).

This is really par for the course when you look at history ... Even the Catholic Church and Hebrews before the time of Christ murdered children for one reason or another, often times in the name of God.

A terrible thing nevertheless ...

Old 11-08-2009, 02:11 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
If a person finds repentance in their heart and turns to the Lord, I have no problem with them being forgiven of all their sins.

But if a unbeliever does not repent, then Im not going to shed a tear over them wallowing in the flames of hell for all eternity too...

"Thats just too bad for you, now burn baby burn"!

So you do believe in eternal torment. That God will cast people into flames to burn for ever ... I call that torture ... And i say you are both violent and full of hate if you don't feel remorse for believing the way you do. I feel sorry for you Alan ...

Quote:
Slaughtering one's enemies is clearly rotten spiritual fruit. During the early part of His ministry, Jesus was approached by two of His disciples -- James and John -- who had just returned from preaching the Gospel message throughout parts of Israel. These two disciples were upset, for some entire towns had refused to even hear their message; they asked the Lord:
"Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?" [Luke 9:54]
Jesus was horrified. He replied:
"You do not know of what sort of spirit you are, for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them from the penalty of eternal death." [Luke 9:55-56; Parallel KJV/Amplified Bible Commentary]
Let us repeat that most pertinent phrase: "the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives".
Nowhere in Holy Scripture did Jesus ever slaughter anyone who disagreed with him, nor did He ever advocate any of his followers doing so. Neither does any Apostle give this command to the Church later in the New Testament.
In another passage, Jesus reveals the kind of sweet spirit He is introducing to the world. Listen:
"Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease, refreshment, recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good -- not harsh, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant) and My burden is light and easy to be borne." [Matthew 11:29-30; Parallel KJV/Amplified Bible Commentary (http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/Parallel%20KJV/Amplified%20Bible%20Commentary - broken link)]
Our precious Savior never ordered anyone to be slaughtered for any reason, especially for hardness of heart against His message, nor for disagreeing with Him on spiritual matters. But -- and this is a very big 'but' -- pagans regularly move to slaughter their opponents, usually with great relish and hardness of heart. In such slaughters, murder is not enough; rather, before the victim dies, pagans absolutely relish inflicting maximum pain upon their victims. White and Black Magick practitioners believe that the pain inflicted before death transfers great occult power to them, so they try to draw out a person's death as long as possible, inflicting the greatest amount of pain possible before death comes. Skilled Inquisition executioners would bring a victim to the point of death many times, only to stop the torture so the victim could revive, so they could be tortured again.

Taken from ... http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1676.cfm

Old 11-08-2009, 02:27 AM

"that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

I have no problem with anyone repenting and being saved.
I dont have a problem that the flames of hell have one less person to burn forever.
That is why the church is sent to try to save people that we meet in the world.
But if I have had the chance to share the truth with someone, and they yet turn away?...then I move on and Im not going to be concerned with it.
Hell's fire may burn bright with the souls of they who turned away,,but heaven's glory is brighter with the souls of they who repented and believed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity