Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 08:06 AM

418 posts, read 1,090,067 times

Advertisements

abortion is murder, no matter what you call it, it's still a human baby with every right to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 08:42 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
abortion is murder, no matter what you call it, it's still a human baby with every right to live.
"Murder" of course is a legal term and it's up to courts and juries to decide if it was commited or not.

But, abortion is always KILLING!

And, as you put it, human babies have every right to live.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:59 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
I accept you apology and I apologive for reacting so harshly. You have some good point but abortion is not a remedy to the problem. I am not perfect but I do what I can, and I personally do not beleave what I do is enough. With that said I still do not see abortion as an option.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:43 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Abortion is not an appropriate answer to promiscuity.

I can see it for a lady who presents a high-risk pregnancy.

I know one lady to gets pregnant nearly everytime that she and her DH do 'it'. Her one attempt to go through a pregnancy ended in a high-risk c-section and the fetus was still-born. Doctors refuse to allow 'the pill' due to her other health issues, and until they can afford a hysterectomy it presents a problem. [btw they are celibate now]

I have seen young girls who have gotten pregnant. They need guidance, not a baby.

God defines life, and God says that a fetus does not have a soul; so I can see abortions so long as they are not done to promote evil in society.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:44 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,025 times
If you're anti abortion, you should all go and adopt all the unwanted children already here in foster care. Then again of course nobody will, because they are all talk. Funny many of the same "pro lifers" are for the death penalty. Hypocrites.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
If you're anti abortion, you should all go and adopt all the unwanted children already here in foster care. Then again of course nobody will, because they are all talk. Funny many of the same "pro lifers" are for the death penalty. Hypocrites.
Yeah and they are more likely to join the army to go to Iraq and kill.
Double standards?

Old 12-01-2009, 05:07 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
This is always a good topic for discussion among Christians. I think the answer is simple and it gets very complicated. God is the God of life... HE is the Creator, HE gives life and before there was sin there was only life... Now I how can it ever be right to take life no matter what the complications are? It cannot, however I recognize God is both Pro- life and pro-choice. If a person is a sold out, born-again, faith practicing Christian the answer to the OP's question is simple, and if not right and wrong are relative....

Old 12-01-2009, 05:09 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Abortion is not an appropriate answer to promiscuity.

I can see it for a lady who presents a high-risk pregnancy.

I know one lady to gets pregnant nearly everytime that she and her DH do 'it'. Her one attempt to go through a pregnancy ended in a high-risk c-section and the fetus was still-born. Doctors refuse to allow 'the pill' due to her other health issues, and until they can afford a hysterectomy it presents a problem. [btw they are celibate now]

I have seen young girls who have gotten pregnant. They need guidance, not a baby.

God defines life, and God says that a fetus does not have a soul; so I can see abortions so long as they are not done to promote evil in society.
You already know I disagree with you on this issue. But just wanted to say, I got pregnant at 15. If I had guidance (abortion) and not a baby, my beautiful (inside and out) almost 23 year old daughter would not be here today. She is my best friend and I don't know how I would live without her.

PS...I think there are times when it must be done, like you mentioned, if a mother will die otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
I love how someone lumps a whole group of people together as hypocrites. How do you know some of us haven't done just that? It's absurd to say we should adopt them "all" but you don't know that we haven't done our part.

PS... I wouldn't consider myself "pro-life", rather, against killing the innocent.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:12 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
That must have been quite a revelation when God told you that a fetus does not have a soul. Would you like to share details of that experience with us?

Old 12-01-2009, 05:15 PM

190 posts, read 242,310 times
You got the wrong idea...a child has a right to live..it's not the baby's fault
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity