Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,495,359 times

Advertisements

(This is a theological debate so please use theology, leave the politics home)

Is abortion wrong or right in the eyes of God? even under the horrible cases of rape, incest etc.... Please use scripture to support your answer not personal opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 09:08 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,771,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(This is a theological debate so please use theology, leave the politics home)

Is abortion wrong or right in the eyes of God? even in the case of rape, incest etc.... Please use scripture to support your answer not personal opinion.
Why is it okay for you to have personal opinions about smoking, yet when you want to discuss something, you instruct everyone that they must have "scripture" to prove their point?

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. (Besides, that makes your lips look funny).

Old 11-06-2009, 09:11 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,495,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Why is it okay for you to have personal opinions about smoking, yet when you want to discuss something, you instruct everyone that they must have "scripture" to prove their point?

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth.
This thread is not about smoking and I gave you scripture, you just wouldn't accept it, you have this Christian drinking/ smoking is a sin thing you can't let go. I can see it as a "sin of perception" which I stated earlier but I don't see them being a sin of itself.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
This thread is not about smoking and I gave you scripture, you just wouldn't accept it, you have this Christian drinking/ smoking is a sin thing you can't let go. I can see it as a "sin of perception" which I stated earlier but I don't see them being a sin of itself.
I didn't say this thread was about smoking.
And you did NOT give me scripture about smoking - on the CONTRARY, you told me that scripture DID NOT ADDRESS smoking, and so it is left up to the individual's conscience. I assume that is what you are referring to, the scripture about offending others......?
You are contradicting yourself. You say smoking is a "sin of perception", so what scripture verses are you asking for, relating to abortion?
By the way: I am the last person to bring politics into a discussion.

I abhor politics.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:16 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,083,172 times
Is this thread about smoking?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:30 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,623,869 times
I think smoking is dangerous for one's health.

Abortion? What would God say? I think God said not to judge others.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,083,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I think smoking is dangerous for one's health.

I totally agree!

Im glad we got a good Non-smoking topic going finally around here.

too many Christians want us non-smokers to look the other way...

Old 11-06-2009, 09:58 AM

Fundamentalist, what do you think about abortion? Is it wrong or right and please supply scripture.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:48 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,182,834 times
Quote:
Is abortion wrong or right in the eyes of God? even under the horrible cases of rape, incest etc....
Yes, in all cases. It is murder.

Exodus 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill (or murder)."

Numbers 35:30 "Whoso killeth any person, the murderer shall be put to death by the mouth of witnesses: but one witness shall not testify against any person to cause him to die."

Deuteronomy 5:17 "Thou shalt not kill."

Hosea 4:2 "By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood."

Matthew 5:21 "Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:"

Romans 13:9 "For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

James 2:11 "For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."

Those are but a few it's basicly every where in the Bible.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:49 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,038,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. (Besides, that makes your lips look funny).
Couldn't agree more .

My personal view is i am against abortion but pro choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity