Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,147,997 times

Advertisements

Alright I just need to vent here. I usually don't watch daytime television let alone talkshows but today I happened to turn the TV on and I was astonished and appauled!! On the Tyra Banks show there was a special about a 22-year old woman selling her virginity through an auction with the help of an owner of a Brothel in Nevada.

Apparently this woman needs money for college and she is planning on selling her virginity in order to go to school. I watched in utter amazement and silence as Tyra Banks asked pointed question after question. There was no fear for consequences, no consideration for her parents and no shame in what she was intending on doing with "her body" in the name of womens rights!! I was offended as a woman and sad that this young girl is sending out this type of message to the young women that watch Tyra Banks.

I am just stunned at what this world is coming to and I am very concerned for our future and the next generation. May God help this woman and this Country/World and may those of us who Know Christ get busy, get off of our duffs and ask God what we can do in the midst of this chaos and immorality.. I am still shaken by this.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480037,00.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 09:35 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Not something to joke about - but I think the guy who bidded 3.7 million has more problems than her.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:51 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
In the areligious world, this pretty much comes down to business and marketing strategy.

When Playboy Inc., runs in NYSE alongside Exxon, Sun or Oracle, that tells you the state of the world in black and blue.

And eventually, these millionnaires keep making more and they even donate to election candidates. Money has a funny way of flowing through. Money in one amoral form flows into another, ironically, can even be donated to a church

Old 11-10-2009, 12:32 AM

Yes and the almighty dollar is really an idol. It is so hard to get a job let alone get money for college or any of the other things that one needs to stay afloat. I guess these people are not realizing the consequences and the repercussions to what they are doing. I have thought that it would be nice if some wealthy Christian would just give her the money and let her go her way... but then I thought maybe that is what she wants and this is all another hoax...kind of like the balloon thing. Who knows anymore.

I thought it was a bit odd that the girl would be brazen enough to show her face on national television It seems like if I were to do something of that nature that I certainly wouldn't want anyone to see my face... Just a thought but hmmmm...maybe this is an advertizing stunt for the Brothel. Or maybe people just don't care anymore and they are doing whatever it takes to get attention.. The world is lost and deeply in need of a Savior..

Anyway May God have Mercy...

Old 11-10-2009, 12:33 AM

At least he wasn't on the show...or then maybe there really isn't a bidder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Not something to joke about - but I think the guy who bidded 3.7 million has more problems than her.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:12 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
Very weird and creepy. But it's her body. She needs to take some of that money and find a good psychiatrist if you ask me.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:15 AM

251 posts, read 679,747 times
The problem is most young people are up against a wall when it comes to higher education especially at a good school, I mean we are talking 10-20K a year or more, thats real money, working your summer job at micky D's is not going to even dent that. The problem is you need higher education to make the big bucks, but without the big bucks you cant get into higher education. The only lagitimate way to do it is to either get luckier than hell and get a full ride scholarship (these are far and few between and not nearly as common as some people try to make others beleive) or you can get some kind of partial ride scholarship and hope to God you have a co signer for student loans, without that co signer your not going to school. Its a shame that the sky high extreme costs of education are pushing people to stuff like this but without that degree in hand you have little chance of having a decent quality of life. You can also go to a cheaper state school and do well and hope to get funding for an advanced degree to a good school, that might be the way to go for most people.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:19 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
..and may those of us who Know Christ get busy, get off of our duffs and ask God what we can do..

Wise words.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times
What is our world coming to? Selling one's virginity at an auction?? Omg!!

Sick

Old 11-17-2009, 03:57 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,487 times
At least she will benefit from it. She's going to be rich and able to pay her courses, finishing college at a faster pace. I say she's smart and a genius (off course not morally but financial yes)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity