Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times

Advertisements

It baffles me how so many Christians in here LOVE TO USE personal opinion when answering theological questions, it's scripture ALWAYS scripture. EVERYTHING must align with scripture. Check feelings, rationality, pragamatism at the door. It's scripture. People say, they heard something from God yet if it doesn't align with scripture how can it be from God? and if it does align with scripture then it is not "new revelation" and basically all you had to do was read your bible rather than hearing from God. It's scripture.

Here is a real scriptural answer from a man of God who puts scripture first in dealing with Ted Haggard and how the bible sees and deals with a Pastor/ shepherd like Ted Haggard. If you disagree then give scripture to refute

YouTube - MacArthur explains homosexuality is sin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 08:17 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,910 times
Let's deal with John MacArthur scripturally. He does not emphasize the importance of Jesus' shed blood, only His death; that is not scriptural. The devil would like nothing more than to down play the power in the blood of Jesus.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It baffles me how so many Christians in here LOVE TO USE personal opinion when answering theological questions, it's scripture ALWAYS scripture. EVERYTHING must align with scripture. Check feelings, rationality, pragamatism at the door. It's scripture. People say, they heard something from God yet if it doesn't align with scripture how can it be from God? and if it does align with scripture then it is not "new revelation" and basically all you had to do was read your bible rather than hearing from God. It's scripture.

Here is a real scriptural answer from a man of God who puts scripture first in dealing with Ted Haggard and how the bible sees and deals with a Pastor/ shepherd like Ted Haggard. If you disagree then give scripture to refute
If you really believe this then why are you not using scripture, instead of a video of another man?

Old 11-10-2009, 08:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
If you really believe this then why are you not using scripture, instead of a video of another man?
Because Macarthur is the pope . Is word is final . The thing is you can have all the right scriptures but the completely wrong spirit .

Old 11-10-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Because Macarthur is the pope . Is word is final . The thing is you can have all the right scriptures but the completely wrong spirit .
Becareful now, you are judging again

Old 11-10-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Becareful now, you are judging again
Judging lol , says the man who has his teeth fastened around Ted Haggards ankle.

Why can't you speak grace, mercy love and forgiveness towards the man regardless of what he's done , isn't that what Jesus not only said but did for you.
Like i said you are a legalist because you have sin on your brain .

Old 11-10-2009, 08:58 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,835 times
Ok.. just because its fun:

Fundy what are you saying in this thread?

Are you upset that Haggard is going to have some bible lessons in his basement? Is that what upsets you? Is it the restoration process that irks you? What is it? So far you've just posted a video of a typical old guy preaching about homosexuality.. as far as I'm concerned you could put up a video of Fred Phelps with no context and get the same thing..

so what is it.. what is the context of your thread?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Judging lol , says the man who has his teeth fastened around Ted Haggards ankle.

Why can't you speak grace, mercy love and forgiveness towards the man regardless of what he's done , isn't that what Jesus not only said but did for you.
Like i said you are a legalist because you have sin on your brain .
I am not the one who goes around saying, "Don't judge"..."I don't like when people judge" ring any bells? I am the one saying, we should judge.

I am not the one putting myself in a bind...you are by saying, we shouldn't judge others and yet...you are judging?......tsk...tsk...tsk. Are you showing a double standard?

See how your logic doesn't work? good, loving intentions you have but not scriptural, when you get away from scripture you end up in a quagmire of worldly confusion. Always stick to scripture.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 11-10-2009 at 09:14 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I am not the one who goes around saying, "Don't judge"..."I don't like when people judge" ring any bells? I am the one saying, we should judge.

I am not the one putting myself in a bind...you are by saying, we shouldn't judge others and yet...you are judging?......tsk...tsk...tsk. Are you showing a double standard?

See how your logic doesn't work? good, loving intentions you have but not scriptural, when you get away from scripture you end up in a quagmire of worldly confusion. Always stick to scripture.
What am i judging Fundy ?

Yes i am against christians judging sinners and will always defend the sinner , every single time without fail and with scripture. John 8 verse 7

Who is it that is on Ted Haggards case ? , all i am doing is siding with a brother .

Old 11-10-2009, 11:39 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Let's deal with John MacArthur scripturally. He does not emphasize the importance of Jesus' shed blood, only His death; that is not scriptural. The devil would like nothing more than to down play the power in the blood of Jesus.
What is the difference between the blood of Christ and the death of Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity