Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:57 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murongqingcao View Post
Thanks for the comment. But I need to point out somethings here: First of all, I do NOT have problem to believe that scripture AT ALL---you obviously misunderstood me on that; Second of all, I agree with you that it was human pride and arrogance to build that Babel tower; Third of all, I don't agree with you that the scripture means that if God did not confuse their language they could have built the Babel tower up to the heaven and I DEFINITELY believe that God knows that those people would not be able to build that Babel tower successfully even if they could keep speaking one language; Fourth of all, I don't agree that confusing human language was a panelty to human beings because if we only have one language, one nation, and living in one place, we would NOT have been stronger, but would have been much more wicked and weaker!----therefore, multiple language and multiple nations are a huge blessing to human beings!
It is apparent that you confused what I wrote. I didn't say that they could build the tower to heaven, that would be impossible. I said that it was easier for them to work together due to them having one language.

I didn't say that they could build a city into the heavens, I said if that was the case they would be able to build a city into the heavens ( not the heaven where God resides. If you understand the heavens, you know that the sky is a type of heaven, research on the types of heavens), but we know that is impossible. You need to reread what I wrote for being confused.

Who said anything about a penalty? I would say reread what I wrote, because you seem confused.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 11-24-2009 at 05:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 PM

303 posts, read 569,677 times
Thar she blows matey.........
REV 18:3 For by the wine of the wrath of her fornication all the nations are fallen; and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth waxed rich by the power of her wantonness.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:37 PM

27 posts, read 34,641 times
Smile clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
It is apparent that you confused what I wrote. I didn't say that they could build the tower to heaven, that would be impossible. I said that it was easier for them to work together due to them having one language.

I didn't say that they could build a city into the heavens, I said if that was the case they would be able to build a city into the heavens ( not the heaven where God resides. If you understand the heavens, you know that the sky is a type of heaven, research on the types of heavens), but we know that is impossible. You need to reread what I wrote for being confused.

Who said anything about a penalty? I would say reread what I wrote, because you seem confused.
Thanks. I think now I know what you mean....but the point I am trying to make here is that I think what is written in the scripture "Now nothing will be restrained from them"(as one version of English translation) does not mean they could do everything successful, but mean they could go ahead to do whatever stupid things on their own will........Due to the fact I don't read Hebrew, I am asking someone who reads to confirm this.........

By the way, one language does not necessarily make human beings communicate easier because human communicate with tricks.....if with one language human beings would be more wicked, then even they could understand each others' language, they would not communicate with each other with great peace........therefore, I would consider that confusing our languages is a great blessing from God to us human beings.....

Old 11-24-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I think now I know what you mean....but the point I am trying to make here is that I think what is written in the scripture "Now nothing will be restrained from them"(as one version of English translation) does not mean they could do everything successful, but mean they could go ahead to do whatever stupid things on their own will........Due to the fact I don't read Hebrew, I am asking someone who reads to confirm this.........

By the way, one language does not necessarily make human beings communicate easier because human communicate with tricks.....if with one language human beings would be more wicked, then even they could understand each others' language, they would not communicate with each other with great peace........therefore, I would consider that confusing our languages is a great blessing from God to us human beings.....
Yes, you are right it didn't make everything easy, but communicating was easy because they could understand one language, which made certain things easy. The main thing in the verse is really talking about their wickedness.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:37 AM

Default well

Quote:
Yes, you are right it didn't make everything easy, but communicating was easy because they could understand one language, which made certain things easy. The main thing in the verse is really talking about their wickedness.
The problem people are having when explain this scripture is normally NOTwith the fact that people were wicked but in the MISUNDERSTANDING that God made the life harder for human beings by confusing our languages. Someone even explained that God made their life hard lest they would gain the same power as GOD, which is definitely wrong explanation. I do NOT think God makes our life harder by confusing our languages....I think it is a grace from God to confuse our languages because with one language human beings would have been much worse.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
The problem people are having when explain this scripture is normally NOTwith the fact that people were wicked but in the MISUNDERSTANDING that God made the life harder for human beings by confusing our languages. Someone even explained that God made their life hard lest they would gain the same power as GOD, which is definitely wrong explanation. I do NOT think God makes our life harder by confusing our languages....I think it is a grace from God to confuse our languages because with one language human beings would have been much worse.
But the thing is scripture is not saying what you are saying.... It doesn't say that God's grace confused the language. WE have to stick with what the scripture says, not add or take away.

The scripture says that God confused their langauge because they all had one language. It says from there the Lord scattered them...... So, He wanted to scatter them, that is why He confused their language. . God came down and confused their language to change their plans. There is nothing in that scripture that says that God's grace confused their language, and nothing in that scripture that says that by Him doing that was a blessing, you added that. If you stick with scripture you can't go wrong, and I would recommend a The Matthew Henry Commentary. I gave you what it means in Hebrew, but you should research that on your own, never take someones word on that.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 11-25-2009 at 11:09 AM..

Old 11-25-2009, 11:50 AM

Default what is the confusion?

Quote:
But the thing is scripture is not saying what you are saying.... It doesn't say that God's grace confused the language. WE have to stick with what the scripture says, not add or take away.

The scripture says that God confused their langauge because they all had one language. It says from there the Lord scattered them...... So, He wanted to scatter them, that is why He confused their language. . God came down and confused their language to change their plans. There is nothing in that scripture that says that God's grace confused their language, and nothing in that scripture that says that by Him doing that was a blessing, you added that. If you stick with scripture you can't go wrong, and I would recommend a The Matthew Henry Commentary. I gave you what it means in Hebrew, but you should research that on your own, never take someones word on that.

SO do you think that "that God confused their langauge because they all had one language" is in conflict to GRACE? Or you think "that God confused their langauge because they all had one language" tells you that it is NOT a grace? I don't see it from the scripture in the English version. Please tell me how do you find the conflict from the scripture without your OWN imagination or interpretation? Please advice how you apply your language skill to find the conflict here. Please!

Old 11-25-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
SO do you think that "that God confused their langauge because they all had one language" is in conflict to GRACE? Or you think "that God confused their langauge because they all had one language" tells you that it is NOT a grace? I don't see it from the scripture in the English version. Please tell me how do you find the conflict from the scripture without your OWN imagination or interpretation? Please advice how you apply your language skill to find the conflict here. Please!
I am saying what I see in scripture. God said come let us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. Then the Lord scattered them. And they ceased building the city. I am telling you it does not say grace.

Show me where it says grace because it is not there.

grace is "unmerited favour" from God (Ephesians 2:8-9)

I apply what I read from what is provided in scripture. I study the scripture in the hebrew and greek language and I also use resources and commentarys.

Out of all that I have used, nothing is being said about God's grace in this scripture or that it was a blessing that God did this.

Quote:
SO do you think that "that God confused their langauge because they all had one language
I am saying that God confused their language from what the scripture says. It says that He confused their language, well this is what God said: Indeed the people are one and they have one language, and this is what they will begin to do:

Then the God says Now nothing will be restrained from them, I already gave the meaning from what I researched.

I simply read scripture and see what is there.

Quote:
therefore, I would consider that confusing our languages is a great blessing from God to us human beings.....
This is what you think based on your opinion, but this is not in scripture, nor is grace. We have to stick to what is being said in scripture, not what we think it should be.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:19 PM

Default being honest is important

Quote:
I am saying what I see in scripture. God said come let us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. Then the Lord scattered them. And they ceased building the city. I am telling you it does not say grace.

Show me where it says grace because it is not there.

grace is "unmerited favour" from God (Ephesians 2:8-9)

I apply what I read from what is provided in scripture. I study the scripture in the hebrew and greek language and I also use resources and commentarys.

Out of all that I have used, nothing is being said about God's grace in this scripture or that it was a blessing that God did this.

I am saying that God confused their language from what the scripture says. It says that He confused their language, well this is what God said: Indeed the people are one and they have one language, and this is what they will begin to do:

Then the God says Now nothing will be restrained from them, I already gave the meaning from what I researched.

I simply read scripture and see what is there.

This is what you think based on your opinion, but this is not in scripture, nor is grace. We have to stick to what is being said in scripture, not what we think it should be.
I am very sorry to see that you are making quote not at an honest base.....The original content in my post was 'SO do you think that "that God confused their langauge because they all had one language" is in conflict to GRACE?'....but you quote it as 'SO do you think that "that God confused their langauge because they all had one language '....and then you commented to that quote as 'I am saying that God confused their language from what the scripture says'..........

Well, if you could not discuss on an honest base on this issue, I don't understand why you are even discussing here.......My only purpose here is to glorify God, what is your purpose here by not being honest?

Old 11-25-2009, 04:09 PM

What I wrote is an honest answer. I have answered your question twice.

I am saying I believe what the scripture is saying, God confused their language, so they could not understand each other. This is what God said:

Genesis 11:7

Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other." This is what the scripture is saying and this is what I believe.

You said that God confused their language because of grace and you also said that it was a blessing. I would like for you to show me where it says that God did this out of grace and show me where it says that it was a blessing?

Quote:
The original content in my post was 'SO do you think that "that God confused their langauge because they all had one language" is in conflict to GRACE?'....but you quote it as 'SO do you think that "that God confused their langauge because they all had one language '....and then you commented to that quote as 'I am saying that God confused their language from what the scripture says'
What ever you are trying to say here, it doesn't make sense to me. But yes, God confused their language because they all had one language, this is what He said. I don't see this as a conflict to grace, because this scripture is not talking about grace. If you think this is talking about grace, show me the scripture where it says so?

What I am telling you is really simple and I am asking you a question. I gave you my answer based on scripture, yet you say I am being dishonest, and you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity