Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:04 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times

Advertisements

Very good Mike, you are correct in your explanation of salvation. It is hard to imagine how some of these people have been deceived to belief some of these things. And if they don't get it right they are in serious trouble. May God help them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You twist and you distort, and you speak words without knowledge. Salvation is contengent upon a person making a personal decision to believe in Christ for salvation so that the work of Christ on the Cross may be applied to that person. God places that responsibility on man.

This thread is about the Gospel, so that anyone reading it may, if they haven't already done so, come to know Gospel of salvation.

This thread is NOT about the sovereignty of God versus the free will of man. Or is it your intention to confuse the issue for someone who needs only to know the simple message of the Gospel, and doesn't need to be burdened by Theological disputes? Take it to your own thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 04:36 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
You are not only WRONG but LOST besides....repent and turn to Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin......HE IS THE ONLY WAY....NO ONE will earn salvation without a Saviour.......GLORY BE TO GOD......HE ALONE SAVES
Seems to me that you are contradicting yourself. How many times does Jesus say "My Father in heaven" in your bible? How can Jesus be God and talk to Himself in Heaven when He was here on earth? It's impossible because Jesus would have to reside in the spirit world AND on earth at the same time. Jesus states many times in your bible He is not God. Jesus cannot, therefore, be salvation. His teachings of Divine Love, are. Salvation lies with God and you. When you get to the spirit world, you will discover that what I tell you is true because you have closed the door to your heart here on earth. You may think all you like and practice whatever beliefs you want but if you do not look for God within, you will not see God and you will still be carrying all those errors with you when you enter the spirit world. I wish you well on your scenic journey.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't see it - could you narrow down to chapter & verse?

That I agree with.

Not true.

Heb. 9:22 - And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Rev. 1:5 - and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood--

#1 - You ask me to keep believing the Bible and then add Divine Love, which is not in the Bible. Why would I do that?

#2 - I have the Holy Spirit. Therefore I am fully equipped to do God's will.

#3 - A year and ask God what is the true salvation of man?? ... If I do that for a year, and still have to ask about salvation - then I just wasted a year. There is no need to ask anything when you have the Holy Spirit. He testifies with us with regards to true salvation (Rom. 8:16; 1 John 5:10).

The whole idea of "Divine Love" is unbiblical - which is why you can't offer any chapter/verse references.
I don't read nor do I adhere to the bible. I've read it once and then half way again. I cannot tell you right off hand what chapter or verse. Thanks to Mystic, he showed you the information.

Why is Love not biblical? Jesus often stated that Love is of God. Why not try the experiment? All you have to gain is Love. One would think that everyone can always use more if it.

By all means, don't pray for it. It's your own soul you have to worry about. If you agree that one would have to be Divine to see God, what harm is it going to do you if you do pray for Divine Love? It's doesn't harm anyone. It hurts a little sometimes flowing in but if you ask God to stop, It goes right away.

By the way, the Holy Ghost/Spirit is not now or ever will be a part of anyone. It's not something that belongs to us. It's God's instrument that He uses to convey His love. It belongs to God.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
1 John 4:7-8 (King James Version)

7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

It shouldn't be necessary to point out that God is Divine . . . and since God is Love . . . that automatically means Divine Love. You seem not to be very familiar with your bible.

I know the verses. The Reverend is continually using the phrase Divine Love as if it is its own entity. Do you agree w/ the way in which Reverend1111 uses "Divine Love"?

Look at the response above. He/She doesn't read nor adhere to the Bible. I will discuss the rest with him/her.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I know the verses. The Reverend is continually using the phrase Divine Love as if it is its own entity. Do you agree w/ the way in which Reverend1111 uses "Divine Love"?

Look at the response above. He/She doesn't read nor adhere to the Bible. I will discuss the rest with him/her.
Divine Love is it's own entity. There is nothing else like it and It has no opposite as it is God's substance. It is what God is made of. If you do not have it in you, you cannot become like God. Not God, but like God as Jesus was while He was on earth. It is His very essence and the only way to receive it is to ask for it. Otherwise, you cannot acquire it. It must be a soul longing or you will not receive it. You must ask with all your heart, mind and soul. repertative prayer will not bring it to your soul. Only through the soul will you receive it. As you acquire more of this love into your soul, it destroys all sin and the inclination to sin. When you have received it fully, you experience the New Birth of the soul. The soul you have now will transform in to a Divine Soul, no longer subject to sin or evil.

I'm a her.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:32 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Rev1111 - Are you interested in what the Bible specifically has to say about salvation? Or are you fine with your own view? I am open to explain w/ Scriptural references if you desire.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:10 PM

342 posts, read 540,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Seems to me that you are contradicting yourself. How many times does Jesus say "My Father in heaven" in your bible? How can Jesus be God and talk to Himself in Heaven when He was here on earth? It's impossible because Jesus would have to reside in the spirit world AND on earth at the same time. Jesus states many times in your bible He is not God. Jesus cannot, therefore, be salvation. His teachings of Divine Love, are. Salvation lies with God and you. When you get to the spirit world, you will discover that what I tell you is true because you have closed the door to your heart here on earth. You may think all you like and practice whatever beliefs you want but if you do not look for God within, you will not see God and you will still be carrying all those errors with you when you enter the spirit world. I wish you well on your scenic journey.
If you do not wake up and accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour for the forgiveness of sin you will be among those who suffer the righteous wrath of a Holy God......Only the Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ can remove the judgement....And only the righteous sacrifice of Jesus can save......When you die and face the JUDGEMENT it will be too late....turn to Jesus now for your salvation.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Rev1111 - Are you interested in what the Bible specifically has to say about salvation? Or are you fine with your own view? I am open to explain w/ Scriptural references if you desire.
If it's interpreted in the way that Jesus taught, sure. But the book has been twisted to suit the carnal mind of man and has instilled fear in a lot of people. Fear of eternal hell, fear of what may happen to you if you do not accept it as the only book to salvation. I find God to be totally, unconditionally loving to all. Most people who read and adhere to the bible as holy and sacred, believe the God of the OT to be the God of the NT. Sure, same God, different interpretations.

The bible is compiled stories of the writers just like any history book. If we look at them through the eyes of Love and as stories to help in our journey, we can find the true meaning of each book of the bible. not all of them are for our time now so we shouldn't believe that they are truth anymore. I mean, look at history books. You find a story say, 100 years ago. At the time you believe it to be true. Through research you soon discover it's not all true and you find something else in the story that is another truth. You soon start rewriting that story because of evidence that was discovered after the story was written. Well, we can do the same thing with the bible. Look at the story of Genesis. Do you truely believe that the world was created in 6 days? It's completelty impossible. Even 6000 years is impossible when you take into consideration of what a planet has to go through in order to be inhabited.
Now, take the story of Jesus. What is the hidden meaning in all of His parables? He was talking to illiterate people and had to explain to them in a way so that they could understand God. Take that same story in todays times with literate people and substitute words and meanings fit for today.

I believe Jesus showed us who God is by His actions towards others. He lived the way God intended for all to live. When we put a book first as sacred, we are denying our own sacredness. Jesus taught the way to salvation while He was living. If He did that, then how can His death mean anything? His death was just that. The death of His body. His teachings are what saves a man from sin. He completed His mission BEFORE He died.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
If you do not wake up and accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour for the forgiveness of sin you will be among those who suffer the righteous wrath of a Holy God......Only the Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ can remove the judgement....And only the righteous sacrifice of Jesus can save......When you die and face the JUDGEMENT it will be too late....turn to Jesus now for your salvation.
As I said, I wish you well on your journey.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:36 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
His teachings are what saves a man from sin. He completed His mission BEFORE He died.
You are absolutely correct....he taught us The Way to the Father and showed us how we are to accomplish this. Why is it so many Christians are not willing to follow in the footsteps of Jesus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity