U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 07:27 AM

1,366 posts, read 2,848,187 times

Advertisements

Without going into too much detail, I am getting close to a boiling point with a dishonest co-worker who management overlooks because though he's ripping off customers and co-workers, we are a struggling business and he makes money. Just to give you a brief look into his moral-lacking mind, I once put out an envelope to help victims of that huge 2004 tsunami and he actually had the nerve to say, "No way I'm giving to them, where's my charity money?" And he was serious. There's plenty more, but I need to stop as my blood pressure is rising.

Anyhow, he ripped me off the other day and everyone looked the other way. If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for ol' TNKY before he loses his christian character I would appreciate it. Have a nice weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 07:35 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,125,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Without going into too much detail, I am getting close to a boiling point with a dishonest co-worker who management overlooks because though he's ripping off customers and co-workers, we are a struggling business and he makes money. Just to give you a brief look into his moral-lacking mind, I once put out an envelope to help victims of that huge 2004 tsunami and he actually had the nerve to say, "No way I'm giving to them, where's my charity money?" And he was serious. There's plenty more, but I need to stop as my blood pressure is rising.

Anyhow, he ripped me off the other day and everyone looked the other way. If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for ol' TNKY before he loses his christian character I would appreciate it. Have a nice weekend.
It's obvious that your employer is of the same mind as the employee....do like I did and find a new job. I've been in this type of situation and it will lead you down a path you don't want to go. Continue to do your job as if you are working for God but start looking for a new and better place to work. Like Jesus said....shake the dust off your feet and move on.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:50 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,967,772 times
Quote:

Peter was a fisherman
Paul was a tent maker
Jesus was a carpenter

Scripture is silent about their day to day work week. But I'm sure each one of them had difficult folks to deal with.

I can only imagine Christ's reaction when someone said,

"the cutting board you made me is the wrong size, I'm not paying"

Your not alone.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:43 AM

5,743 posts, read 4,594,578 times
TNKY... Saying prayers for you for God to strenthen you and help you deal with this issue in the best way possible.
sparrow

Old 11-13-2009, 08:44 AM

20,329 posts, read 15,696,619 times
Quote:

It is not prayer that you need so much, but rather, start mixing the promises of God with your faith, and let the Lord handle your problems.

Psalms 55:22 Cast your burden upon the Lord and He shall sustain you; He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Isa. 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee. Be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care on Him, for He cares for you.

Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee.

Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent.

1 Sam 17:47 The battle is the Lord's.

Exodus 14:13 Stand still, and watch the deliverance of the Lord.

Isa. 40:31 They that wait upon the Lord shall exchange their strength for His; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Deuteronomy 33:27 The Eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

Psalms 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do to me.

Phil 4:6-7 Stop worrying about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding shall garrison your heart and mind through Christ Jesus

James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Prov. 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

John 16:33 These things (Bible doctrine) I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage (have confidence); I have overcome the world.

There are over seven thousand promises in the Word of God for the believer in time, that God expects for the believer to claim and start using. Prayer has its uses, absolutely. But God expects us to claim His promises and let Him handle our pressures and concerns. Use the promises of God to stand firm, for there can be no spiritual advance without your faith being tested, as in the sense of being exercised. Just as a muscle is tested and grows stronger, so too does faith grow stronger by being tested.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:31 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,351,441 times
Quote:

I would say seek God and ask Him what you should do. God may want you to stay or go, only He knows. It sounds like your job is a mess, and I would try to leave, but would seek God first. This may sound weird, God often places His best in the worst places. You may be a light in that place and maybe that is why God has you there. He may be training you for greater things to come. Don't lose heart and faith, just pray and see what God wants for you to do.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:00 AM

1,959 posts, read 4,647,675 times
Praying for you very much. Obviously this employer is seriously lacking any ethical or moral standards. You are a moral light and darkness hates light. Praying you will be held up by Jesus our Lord!

God bless!

Old 11-13-2009, 01:41 PM

13,468 posts, read 21,235,453 times
I think your co-worker is more in need of prayer than you are..I will say one for him first..
Your heart is in the right place TNKY and I will pray that the Holy Spirit will guide your actions in this matter..

Old 11-13-2009, 04:33 PM

5,441 posts, read 4,678,137 times
Quote:

We can't allow our enemies to get inside of us; we have turn them over to Jesus and use His divine forgiveness.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (Matthew 5:44)

Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 PM

1,366 posts, read 2,848,187 times
Thanks to everyone. I made it through today, and yet again caught him swindling another client. I mentioned it to the person who brought the customer in and he said "Well, I appreciate you being honesty, but..." and then he basically justified the theft saying something to like "what they won't know won't hurt them."

I don't consider this guy an enemy, just a person with no conscience who owns a boat, rv, 2 big screen tvs and a huge, new Ford deisel truck, yet it's never enough for him and he will say this aloud. Money has proven to be the root of his evil. His day of judgment will come, I know this. It's just so very hard to see him do this stuff and get away with it even with management's knowledge.

I actually hope to be moving to SC or TN and saying good riddance to this pack of jackals with no moral fiber, but until then I will try and be a light (as a few of you mentioned) in a rather dim setting.

Miss Shawn, you rock as always. Some good passages, Mike555. At least I get to work the weekend w/o the guy. Thanks again to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or