Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:02 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times

Advertisements

The biggest enemy we have is ourselves .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 AM

4 posts, read 3,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Exactly.

The righteousness of God is His nature, not ours - thus the need for the carnal life to die...spiritually crucified, if we hear the commandment of Jesus to take up our cross.

That's the purpose, to empty us of the Adamic nature, so that He may fill us with His nature. His nature doesn't sin, doesn't doubt, isn't selfish, etc. That's why Jesus fulfilled the commandments, and that's why if any man is in Christ he is a new creature. All things are made new.
The ROG is my nature now because when Christ died He took my sin nature and in return gave me a wonderful free gift - HIS righteousness i.e. His purity, His perfection, and, yes, His holiness. It is a spiritual paradigm shift that, once fully understood, has us doing cartwheels of joy; it is exactly like being born again all over again. Yet, sadly, for something so readily understood once the revelation is received, it is so difficult for many believers to grab hold of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity