Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 AM

437 posts, read 929,928 times

Advertisements

this bugs me. Atheists say there is no god which is like saying we are not human. Why do people look down on the only religion that is actually true??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 10:24 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times
First off, no one, in my sincere opinion, is picking on anyone specifically, everyone gets called on their beliefs at some point. Second, your belief that Christianity is the "only true faith" is just that, your belief and opinion. I don't believe Christianity is the only true and right faith and that those who lead a good and moral life but aren't Christians will burn in Hell. I personally find this exclusivity arrogant and very judgemental, and probably the biggest reason that I no longer consider myself a Christian. In the end, it's how you lived your life and treated others, that matters not to what religious affiliation you subscribe. Of course these are only my humble opinions,which is all any of us have, just opinions and beliefs.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:31 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
this bugs me. Atheists say there is no god which is like saying we are not human. Why do people look down on the only religion that is actually true??
because it is true. In my opinion it is illogical to be an atheist because of what it means, "without gods" For an atheist to make the claim that there is no God would have to say they know everything there is to know, seen everything there is to see been everywhere there is to be; behind the sun under Jupiter to make the bold claim that there no such thing as God, no existence at all in the universe. That's not logical and pretty absurd.

Be happy for God revealed Himself to you, be joyous and spread the gospel, many of His elect are among the atheists, keeping preaching the gospel and God will do the rest.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
First off, no one, in my sincere opinion, is picking on anyone specifically, everyone gets called on their beliefs at some point. Second, your belief that Christianity is the "only true faith" is just that, your belief and opinion. I don't believe Christianity is the only true and right faith and that those who lead a good and moral life but aren't Christians will burn in Hell. I personally find this exclusivity arrogant and very judgemental, and probably the biggest reason that I no longer consider myself a Christian. In the end, it's how you lived your life and treated others, that matters not to what religious affiliation you subscribe. Of course these are only my humble opinions,which is all any of us have, just opinions and beliefs.
That's very judgmental of you

Old 11-18-2009, 11:36 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,715,377 times
Quote:
Wow. If you're bugged by this, imagine how you'll feel once you realize what Musilms think of your choice of religions.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Because true christianity isn't what people think it is so the bible christians will get picked on just like the athiests and agnostics and other religions. God's truths are not all in the bible. God's truths can be yours but you would then have to interpret the bible the way it's meant to be and not just rely on what someone else says. When you find God within you, Truth will be revealed.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:48 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
We (atheists) aren't saying you're not human, where the heck do you get that from? I've never heard or seen one of us say anything resembling that! You're welcome to believe in whatever flavor of the supernatural gets you all warm and cuddly, we don't care...until you start trying to insert your own personal dogma into laws governing us, or you come knocking on our doors trying to convert us, or you try to get public schools to teach your brand of imaginary friend to our kids. That's when we object. Moderator cut: inappropriate and abusive language

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-18-2009 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: you just cannot use that insulting language on this forum

Old 11-18-2009, 11:48 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That's very judgmental of you
How was that judgemental? Seriously? I think it's the antithesis of judgemental as I am only stating that all any of us have are our personal beliefs and opinions. Nobody has all the answers, it's ludacris to believe any of us do. I just find the Christian idea(as expressed by the OP) that they are the ONLY ones who are practicing the "true religion" arrogant and presumptive. It may be the only true religion to a believer, and that's great, but don't assume everyone else following a different path is wrong and "destined for Hell". I just don't see how anything I wrote could be construed as judgemental when I specifically stated that all I have(and all anyone has) are opinions and beliefs based on faith. Btw, I'm not an Athiest.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,966 times
Because they turn the other cheek.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:52 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,696 times
Quote:

There is no god, as you define it.

You are human.

If you want to know why atheists "pick" on you, read your own words, which I have conveniently quoted for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity