Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 02:33 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,282,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lets leave it at this because you cannot see i am talking about why the trinity is a man made doctrine, and no matter what i say to you , you refuse to see that i am. It came from Rome just like the rapture and just like ET.
The point again you are talking about ET and the trinity, and we were talking about Why Jesus called them gods. LOL, you are very much confused. This debate is pointless, unless you are ready to address what we were talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 02:40 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
The point again you are talking about ET and the trinity, and we were talking about Why Jesus called them gods. LOL, you are very much confused. This debate is pointless, unless you are ready to address what we were talking about.
You may of been i wasn't lol. I clearly have answered you but you cannot see it.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
You may of been i wasn't lol.
LOL, you were, because you refuse to address the scripture that we were talking about. I notice when someone sees that they are wrong, they talk about everything else but the issue. LOL, The point is your understanding of what Jesus was saying is wrong........... Confusion seems to be taking over. I am talking about the scripture you asked my point on, and you in turn talk about Et, the trinity, and church doctrine, being sons of God, co-heirs of God, and nothing about what the scripture we were talking about.. LOL, I wonder if this is a joke. I know you can't be that confused.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 11-23-2009 at 02:53 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
LOL, you were, because you refuse to address the scripture that we were talking about. I notice when someone sees that they are wrong, they talk about everything else but the issue. LOL, The point is your understanding of what Jesus was saying is wrong........... Confusing seems to be taking over. I am talking about the scripture you asked my point on, and you in turn talk about Et, and the trinity. LOL, I wonder if this is a joke. I know you can't be that confused.
Just read through the posts again , you for some reason cannot see that Jesus was referring to oneness with God in John 10 verse 34 when He said in your law . i said you are god's , read the scripture before and why the Jews were going to stone Him.

So you are either lying to say i refused to address it which i did, or you cannot read.

I was not talking about ET this is a lie also , i said ET like the trinity came out of Rome .

You seem to be baiting me on what you believe John 10 verse 34 means , when all along i have been using that verse to refute the doctrine of the trinity.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:12 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,405,263 times
The word of God’s commission came to them, the judges, appointing them to their offices, and therefore they are called gods:

Ex. 22:28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

To some the word of God came immediately, as for it did with Moses.....to others in the way of an instituted ordinance. Magistracy is a divine institution, and magistrates are God’s delegates, and therefore the scripture called them gods. We are sure that the scripture cannot be broken, or to be found in error. Every word of God is right.
The very style and language of scripture without error, and never to be corrected.

Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Christ called Himself the Son of God. This was blasphemous, because they considered themselves such, that is, the priests, Saduccees and Pharisses...judges of the Jewish naiton. However, this arguement goes further in verse 36:

VS 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

If magistrates, judges and priests were called Gods, as they were commissioned to administer and perform the justices and laws fo the nation, say you of him whom the Father hath sanctified, Thou blasphemest?

We have here two things concerning our Lord Jesus:

The honor done him by the Father, which he justly glories in:

He sanctified him, and sent him into the world.

Magistrates were called the sons of God, though the word of God only came to them, and the spirit of government came upon them by measure, as it did upon Saul; but our Lord Jesus was himself the Word, and just like Saul, it was removed and given to David, and in fulfillment, given to Jesus, and He Himself had the Spirit without measure.

Notice Chapter 6 in John:

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Rom 1:4 And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

...and second.....Ad hominem - He turned the arguement they had against Him, against them.

Stay busy in the Word!

Old 11-23-2009, 04:12 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,625,657 times
Quote:
Just read through the posts again , you for some reason cannot see that Jesus was referring to oneness with God in John 10 verse 34 when He said in your law . i said you are god's , read the scripture before and why the Jews were going to stone Him.

So you are either lying to say i refused to address it which i did, or you cannot read.

I was not talking about ET this is a lie also , i said ET like the trinity came out of Rome .

You seem to be baiting me on what you believe John 10 verse 34 means , when all along i have been using that verse to refute the doctrine of the trinity.
Sorry, Camps, they come out of Matthew 28:16-20

Old 11-23-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:

I read it and its not there, only your desperate attempt to explain what is not there. To say someone but not explain and understand it is something different. Still confused you are. The trinity has nothing to do with the word that we was talking about. Geeeze you see one thing and flip into something else. LOL, I get nothing out of debating with you but confusion on you addressing everything but what we started with. LOL, again pointless

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 11-23-2009 at 04:42 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Sorry, Camps, they come out of Matthew 28:16-20
Well you are entitled to believe that . It's also not an issue for you believing that as far as i am concerned.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The word of God’s commission came to them, the judges, appointing them to their offices, and therefore they are called gods:

Ex. 22:28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

To some the word of God came immediately, as for it did with Moses.....to others in the way of an instituted ordinance. Magistracy is a divine institution, and magistrates are God’s delegates, and therefore the scripture called them gods. We are sure that the scripture cannot be broken, or to be found in error. Every word of God is right.
The very style and language of scripture without error, and never to be corrected.

Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Christ called Himself the Son of God. This was blasphemous, because they considered themselves such, that is, the priests, Saduccees and Pharisses...judges of the Jewish naiton. However, this arguement goes further in verse 36:

VS 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

If magistrates, judges and priests were called Gods, as they were commissioned to administer and perform the justices and laws fo the nation, say you of him whom the Father hath sanctified, Thou blasphemest?

We have here two things concerning our Lord Jesus:

The honor done him by the Father, which he justly glories in:

He sanctified him, and sent him into the world.

Magistrates were called the sons of God, though the word of God only came to them, and the spirit of government came upon them by measure, as it did upon Saul; but our Lord Jesus was himself the Word, and just like Saul, it was removed and given to David, and in fulfillment, given to Jesus, and He Himself had the Spirit without measure.

Notice Chapter 6 in John:

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Rom 1:4 And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

...and second.....Ad hominem - He turned the arguement they had against Him, against them.

Stay busy in the Word!
It is nice to see that someone else understands what they are reading. It makes a difference to know and understand what Jesus was saying when saying and calling them gods, which some seem to have a problem with understanding.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:18 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,625,657 times
Quote:
Well you are entitled to believe that . It's also not an issue for you believing that as far as i am concerned.
Yeah, Camps, I also remember reading once where you proclaimed you're not Christian anymore.

With all the trinity talk, have you changed your mind recently????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity