U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: The Extreme Weather is Due to:
Climate Change, i.e. global warming 42 50.60%
God's Judgements 13 15.66%
A combination of both 28 33.73%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-06-2010, 10:29 PM
 
Location: NY
2,007 posts, read 2,237,713 times
Reputation: 886
None of the above. Since there is no god and global warming is in the minds of the simpltons who follow Al Gore (yes this includes the so called scientists who tout this crap) , there is no proper answer in the poll.
It's the natural cycle of the planet. It's been happening since before people existed.

 
Old 03-07-2010, 09:59 AM
 
2,250 posts, read 2,466,086 times
Reputation: 378
March 7, 2010 - torrential rains and huge hailstones beat down upon Melbourne, Australia on Saturday. The storm caused flooding and damaged buildings; the cost of the storm will be quite expensive.
 
Old 03-07-2010, 12:40 PM
 
4,706 posts, read 3,598,755 times
Reputation: 969
This is great info SCGraham. I love to observe and study nature and as a result I have a healthy respect for it. Great to have today's technology to hear/see about all of these amazing things in a matter of seconds/minutes.
 
Old 03-07-2010, 11:41 PM
 
4,706 posts, read 3,598,755 times
Reputation: 969
There was a 5.9 quake in Turkey which SCgraham should be posting in about the net 10 hours or so, but what is interesting is that in June of 2005, I started a thread on another forum for kicks. The topic of the thread was predicting the next big quake and predicting the wild card. These were my guesses:

Quote:
I'm predicting one somwhere in or near Turkey.

As for a wild card, I'm thinking somewhere in the Caribbean.
 
Old 03-08-2010, 04:10 AM
 
857 posts, read 586,029 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
The difference is that they have increased in the last 15 years, and populations along the fault lines have increased exponentially over the last 100 yrs.

We are surely to be more effected locally and globally to this increase in disaster activity, and it is prophesied as such.

godspeed,

freedom
You are absolutely correct about the population explosion along fault lines - all of Western OR, Western WA, and California. Even Las Vegas and Albuquerque can have quakes. Increasing density w/ smart growth within cities such as Portland and Seattle needs to be up to earthquake code, and even the new codes may not be adequate for increasingly powerful quakes.

Like you, I also say none of the above. The phrase "Climate change" has to refer to a specific time period, and has to compare climate over that timer period. Climate in and of itself is measured over arbitrary periods, depending on the objectives of the researcher.
 
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 AM
 
2,250 posts, read 2,466,086 times
Reputation: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
There was a 5.9 quake in Turkey which SCgraham should be posting in about the net 10 hours or so, but what is interesting is that in June of 2005, I started a thread on another forum for kicks. The topic of the thread was predicting the next big quake and predicting the wild card. These were my guesses:
Yes, there was. Sadly, you are being derisive about it. You look foolish trying to dismiss all these calamities in such a short period of time. These things are coming in rapid succession upon the earth, and they're only going to get worse. People need to choose whom they will serve, God or the devil; there are only two choices; Heaven or hell; life or death.


YouTube - At least 41 dead in Turkey earthquake

Last edited by scgraham; 03-08-2010 at 07:51 AM..
 
Old 03-08-2010, 07:29 AM
 
4,706 posts, read 3,598,755 times
Reputation: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Yes, there was. Sadly, you are being derisive about it. You look foolish trying to dismiss all these calamities in such a short period of time. These things are coming in rapid succession upon the earth, and they're only going to get worse. People need to choose whom they will serve, God or the devil; there's only two choices; Heaven or hell; life or death.


YouTube - At least 41 dead in Turkey earthquake
In 'rapid succession?' They have ALWAYS been here in rapid succession. You're just noticing them as such because you live in a world where they are reported in rapid succession.

I lived in South Florida in 2004/2005 when there was a hurricane floating by every other day. If we had to use just those years, it would seem like the world was coming to an end based on the topic of this thread. Last year, there was hardly a hurricane worthy of mention (in comparison). What does that tell us? Nature ebbs and flows - NATURALLY.
 
Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 AM
 
1,492 posts, read 1,283,017 times
Reputation: 235
I wonder if the 'birth pangs' the bible speaks of are literally going to be of 9 mo. duration? If so,then we have a time frame of events,so to speak...any thoughts out there,believers?? (sry,I've heard enough of the naysayers...).

ps-you could say events started with the hiatian quake? 9 mo later is around rosh hashanah? (sp) any likely correlation of events?
 
Old 03-08-2010, 11:05 AM
 
4,773 posts, read 4,736,900 times
Reputation: 3993
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
In 'rapid succession?' They have ALWAYS been here in rapid succession. You're just noticing them as such because you live in a world where they are reported in rapid succession.

I lived in South Florida in 2004/2005 when there was a hurricane floating by every other day. If we had to use just those years, it would seem like the world was coming to an end based on the topic of this thread. Last year, there was hardly a hurricane worthy of mention (in comparison). What does that tell us? Nature ebbs and flows - NATURALLY.
And you are absolutely wrong. Coincidentally, I also lived in FL at the exact time as you so I know first hand what your talking about. But your wrong. Your wrong because it's DIFFERENT this time. There have been 4 major 6.0+ earthquakes in as little as 3 months in 4 diverse places around the world. The same diverse places the Bible speaks of in Revelations. Do you honestly believe this is a natural occurance? Earthquakes don't have an earthquake season like Hurricanes do. There is more to these earthquakes than the eye can see. This is just the beginning.
 
Old 03-08-2010, 11:39 AM
 
4,706 posts, read 3,598,755 times
Reputation: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
And you are absolutely wrong. Coincidentally, I also lived in FL at the exact time as you so I know first hand what your talking about. But your wrong. Your wrong because it's DIFFERENT this time. There have been 4 major 6.0+ earthquakes in as little as 3 months in 4 diverse places around the world. The same diverse places the Bible speaks of in Revelations. Do you honestly believe this is a natural occurance? Earthquakes don't have an earthquake season like Hurricanes do. There is more to these earthquakes than the eye can see. This is just the beginning.
And you have been around for the past 200,000 years of human history to compare now to any other time in history??? In just the past 25 years, more and more earthquakes are being reported NOT because they are more frequent but because the technology has been put in place to record even the most "silent" of quakes in the most remote of places that 25 years and more ago would have gone unrecorded and unnoticed by most people other then those living in the immediate area.

Furthermore, how many times does it have to be said that the bible does NOT say that there will be MORE earthquakes or STRONGER earthquakes. All it predicts is the ridiculously OBVIOUS - there will be earthquakes in different places as if there was a time when earthquakes NEVER happened in different places. Funny, that in the biblical world where earthquakes were/are frequent, the bible ONLY predicts earthquakes by name and not volcanoes, hurricanes, ice storms or tornadoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top