Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Extreme Weather is Due to:
Climate Change, i.e. global warming 42 50.60%
God's Judgements 13 15.66%
A combination of both 28 33.73%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 08:27 PM

80 posts, read 71,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
You didn't really answer my questions about what you believe Jesus is doing right now or explain why in this "age of Grace" (as some call it)
He is randomly slaughtering men, women, children and babies.

This actually contradicts 2 Pet. 3:8-9 concerning the second coming: "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

One can accept it or deny it, but it is written.

Hard for them to repent (some may say) when they're dead!!! Unless you are a CU who believes in afterlife salvation.

That's fine, that's your belief and if your happy with that - go for it.

I guess the good news is that the babies and and under age children He kills get to go to heaven, right? I guess (in your imagined scenario) they are the winners here.

What say ye?
You said: "I guess the good news is that the babies and and under age children He kills get to go to heaven, right?"

You are probably wrong - the kids may go to heaven temporarily (as in Abraham's Bosom), but this does *NOT* guarantee their *eternal* salvation: THAT is probably determined by their free will choice during the 1,000-Year Millenium era -as described in THESE two threads:

City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Philosophy > Christianity
what happens to aborted babies and babies in general when they die?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...general-6.html

AND

City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Philosophy > Christianity
What happens to babies when they die?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ey-die-22.html

Old 04-11-2010, 07:37 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,676,645 times
7.1 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Solomon Islands, No Tsunami Alert

Old 04-11-2010, 03:20 PM

5,553 posts, read 7,970,259 times
Quake frequency normal, scientists say - CNN.com

Quote:
"There are lots of earthquakes every year, but most of them don't do anybody any harm. And even big earthquakes don't necessarily do anybody any harm unless a lot of people live there," said Stein, the William Deering professor of geological sciences in Northwestern's Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences.
Quote:
Earthquakes the size of the magnitude 7.0 temblor that struck Haiti on January 12 occur 15 to 20 times a year, but almost all occur in oceans or sparsely populated lands, he said.
Quote:
"Earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant throughout this century and, according to our records, have actually seemed to decrease in recent years," the U.S. Geological Survey, which measures and tracks earthquakes all around the world, says on its Web site.

Oops! My fault. Scientist don't know anything, and are deceiving people with facts.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 PM

5,553 posts, read 7,970,259 times
Earthquake hits southern Spain; damage said unlikely - CNN.com

Old 04-11-2010, 09:18 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,586,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Quake frequency normal, scientists say - CNN.com

Oops! My fault. Scientist don't know anything, and are deceiving people with facts.
How DARE they say earthquakes aren't increasing - especially after Hal Linse... errr... I ... mean... the bible, told me.. (well... sort of, something about, various places, and well - you know what I mean).

They don't know anything more (much) than the average Joe on the street anyway...

Old 04-13-2010, 07:24 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,676,645 times
Time Magnitude Location

26 minutes ago 6.9 Southern Qinghai, China

shallow,29.1 miles deep.preliminary 6.9.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:17 AM

7,704 posts, read 12,540,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
How DARE they say earthquakes aren't increasing - especially after Hal Linse... errr... I ... mean... the bible, told me.. (well... sort of, something about, various places, and well - you know what I mean).

Sure, of course they aren't increasing...Idiots!

Quote:
They don't know anything more (much) than the average Joe on the street anyway...
I could have sworn I said the exact same thing on this same thread once. Nobody believed me.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Time Magnitude Location

26 minutes ago 6.9 Southern Qinghai, China

shallow,29.1 miles deep.preliminary 6.9.
Quake In Western China Kills 400 (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_china_earthquake - broken link)

Scary....It caught me off guard too. I had no idea. I had no idea about it until my mom told me this morning. All I said was "Mmmm...city-data people...mmmm." And you know what's wrong with this is that people will still do anything in their power to deny what is actually going on. I almost cried when I heard about this. That's terrible. And for some people to actually have the nerve to still say all this is normal? BS. And those scientist who said the earthquake frequency is "normal" this year are idiots. That's what they always say to calm the public so news doesn't cause panic. But they do think we're retarded? Anyone with half a brain can tell for themselves inside of their mind, ok maybe what's been happening is not completely normal. It doesn't make sense to anyone. Volcanoes have been erupting more than usual, earthquakes have been happening more than usual, my guess is that this hurricane season is going to take the cake as well. But of course, this is all normal.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 AM

Scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation. 2 Peter 3: 3-4 . Amazing how without knowing they fulfill prophecy.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:40 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,525,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Quake In Western China Kills 400 (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_china_earthquake - broken link)

Scary....It caught me off guard too. I had no idea. I had no idea about it until my mom told me this morning. All I said was "Mmmm...city-data people...mmmm." And you know what's wrong with this is that people will still do anything in their power to deny what is actually going on. I almost cried when I heard about this. That's terrible. And for some people to actually have the nerve to still say all this is normal? BS. And those scientist who said the earthquake frequency is "normal" this year are idiots. That's what they always say to calm the public so news doesn't cause panic. But they do think we're retarded? Anyone with half a brain can tell for themselves inside of their mind, ok maybe what's been happening is not completely normal. It doesn't make sense to anyone. Volcanoes have been erupting more than usual, earthquakes have been happening more than usual, my guess is that this hurricane season is going to take the cake as well. But of course, this is all normal.
Thank you watchmen...and what of the night?

I'm sure more than a few people appreciate you guys taking time to report these these things no matter how insignificant it may seem at the time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.