Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 08:48 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times

Advertisements

What time on Sunday Thrill,as I want to watch my football games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 09:01 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No sorry, the Rapture is when the saints will be removed from the earth before the great tribulation. You're talking about the white throne judgment for unbelievers. Since we are living in the last days it would be wise to accept Jesus and get to know Him as your Savior and Lord.
You're puttin' us on, right?????

Old 11-28-2009, 09:58 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
What time on Sunday Thrill,as I want to watch my football games.
Remember, noland, "But of that day and HOUR knows no man..."

Old 11-28-2009, 02:15 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,374 times
Jesus gave us the exact day when the Rapture and the 1st Resurrection of saints will happen. It will be on the Feast of Trumpets at the end of the Great Tribulation!

As I said, he used the ancient Jewish idiom referring to the only feast that starts on the 1st day of the month. "No one knows the day or the hour but the Father in heaven"... because a lunar month can have 29 or 30 days depending on the appearance of the new Moon. The custom then was for at least 2 witnesses to see the new Moon before declaring the start of the feast.

In Revelation 11:7-12 is the account of the 2 Witnesses who were killed by the AC and their bodies left on the street of Jerusalem. They are resurrected 3.5 days later, a voice from heaven calls them to "come up here" and they rise up in a cloud to the sky! This dramatic moment will be covered by the media and seen all over the World.

So what is the significance of this event? The 2 Witnesses, the resurrection, and their rising to the sky? They are actually declaring the start of the FEAST OF TRUMPETS when the prophecy of the feast is fulfilled! They are the first of the saints who are in the 1st Resurrection and to be followed by the Rapture of the elect who are still alive at that time! This event is called the "gathering of the saints" (Matt 24:29-31) and the purpose is to raise up the army of Jesus Christ who will rule with him on earth for 1000 yrs.

This is contrary to the belief of most Christians that the Rapture will happen "anytime." Another fallacy is the Pre-trib rapture to take the Church out so it won't suffer in the Great Tribulation. The term GT only applies to the Christians because they are the multitude who will be persecuted for refusing to take the Mark or worship the AC's image! The rest of the World will have no problem taking the Mark and they go on with their lives, eating, drinking, getting married and giving into marriage... just like in the days of Noah.

The elect, those who keep all the 10 Commandments and have the Testimony of JC, are the 144000 witnesses (2x2) preaching the Gospel in all corners of the World, and the "Woman" being fed (manna) by God in the wilderness/desert of Jordan. They are mainly the living who will be raptured! Their living condition must be so difficult and horrible at that point Jesus said for the sake of the elect the GT will be shortened (to only 3.5 yrs)... or else no one (of the elect) will be saved alive!

Last edited by wilvan; 11-28-2009 at 02:36 PM..

Old 11-28-2009, 02:32 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post

Why should she be putting you on may I ask?

Old 11-28-2009, 04:50 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Why should she be putting you on may I ask?
That's what I'd like to know, Betsey. I might joke around a lot but when it comes to the Bible and what the Lord has said I'm dead serious. I could always say to the atheists like Dusty "well you'll find out soon enough" and not give a rat's butt about them or their salvation but I choose to come on here to warn and get ridiculed for two reasons:

God told us to do just that and because I care what happens to people. So sue me.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:23 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
got predicted in 1988 as well, i was sitting in class hoping it would happen before i had to take the test in the next period...
That's funny Arguy,how did you do on the test anyway?

Old 11-30-2009, 09:27 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
1897 (when the first Zionist Congress met) plus 120 years is 2017, and 1917 (when the Balfour Declaration was signed) plus 100 years is also 2017.

Since 120 years is a block of time, it should be figured using Jewish Inclusive Reckoning, where the first year is number one, i.e., 1897 (year one) + 119 (more years) = 2016. It is like the Six-Day War. It started June 5 and ended June 10. We would call that 5 days, but to the Jews, it is 6 days, because it is a block of time.
Some interesting calculations.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:29 PM

9 posts, read 10,674 times
You people......wow! The Rapture, as it is defined in todays society, is a man made concept about 200 years old. Some little kid in France had a dream, and in it the believers in God were taken to heaven, and the non-belivers were left picking there noses wondering what was going on.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:51 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times
When the Bible says something who are we to question it's authority? If the Word or Bible says that the Son does not know than we need to believe that the Son does not know. We certainly cannot claim to know everything in our finite state in this body but when we get our new bodies someday they will be perfect and without sin. And then we will know all things as God knows all things. Without Faith it is impossible to please God. Believe in the Word and stop questioning. Read Job sometime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Nor the son? What the? I thought Jesus was god? How can god not know when he is coming back. It is not right for thrillobyte to know but not god!

Seriously folks, these things get funnier every year.....when I was expecting my second child a guy at church swore up and down that it would be in Feb. of 1996....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity