Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You have the right to believe what you want, but your beliefs contradict the word of God and reject the gospel. You don't believe that which is required in order to be saved. Namely, that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came into the world to take the sins of the world upon Himself so that those who believe on Him can have eternal life.

I can only show you what the Scriptures say, and I have. What you choose to believe is your affair.
To the contrary, I have a greater hope for ALL HUMANITY.
Which exhibits itself, by and through the "Faithfulness Of Christ."

I will not adulterate the term Christian with the syncretistic views of men.
Furthermore, it's rather subjective for many who profess to be, truly are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 11:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
We all sin. We're human.

If you can say "Amen" to the Apostle's Creed and have been baptised, then you are a Christian. Whether or not you are living up to the ideal is another question.
Absolutely we are and Chritian is just the anme for one who beleives i god and Christ as his savor.Just readig the bible will show that Christ knew that no human is near god like.Otherwise their would have been no need for christ sacrifice i the first place.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
Can you back it up from scripture? I can back up my view.
You have been given several scriptures where Jesus shows us how to accomplish becoming a Christ...one was that the Kingdom of God can be found WITHIN us...you just refuse to see it, so what is the point of providing more???

I even provided you with proof of where the translators changed WITHIN to IN THE MIDST...giving the verse a completely different meaning...why would they do that, I wonder????

Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 AM

419 posts, read 434,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You have been given several scriptures where Jesus shows us how to accomplish becoming a Christ...one was that the Kingdom of God can be found WITHIN us...you just refuse to see it, so what is the point of providing more???

I even provided you with proof of where the translators changed WITHIN to IN THE MIDST...giving the verse a completely different meaning...why would they do that, I wonder????
The verse you gave regarding a "change" of WITHIN to IN THE MIDST is because that's what the original Greek says. No change occurred. It's always been that way. I've explained that, as have others. I've challenged you to give actual documentation to support your baseless accusations of such wholesale modifications of the text but you have given no evidence whatsoever.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
The verse you gave regarding a "change" of WITHIN to IN THE MIDST is because that's what the original Greek says. No change occurred. It's always been that way. I've explained that, as have others. I've challenged you to give actual documentation to support your baseless accusations of such wholesale modifications of the text but you have given no evidence whatsoever.
Here's the original GREEK:

entos: within, among
Original Word: ἐντός
Part of Speech: Adverb
Transliteration: entos
Phonetic Spelling: (en-tos')
Short Definition: within, inside, the inside
Definition: within, inside, the inside.

While you can manipulate the unstudied and uninformed...it will not work with me.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Here's the original GREEK:

entos: within, among
Original Word: ἐντός
Part of Speech: Adverb
Transliteration: entos
Phonetic Spelling: (en-tos')
Short Definition: within, inside, the inside
Definition: within, inside, the inside.

While you can manipulate the unstudied and uninformed...it will not work with me.
And you have chosen to use the translation "within" instead of "among". Look at the context. Within or among what? Individuals? Or the group? Why is it that all of Christianity until now has read it differently than you?

Instead, you point to 2 different English translations of the same Greek word and you claim that the Bible has changed somehow. That's ridiculous.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
And you have chosen to use the translation "within" instead of "among". Look at the context. Within or among what? Individuals? Or the group? Why is it that all of Christianity until now has read it differently than you?

Instead, you point to 2 different English translations of the same Greek word and you claim that the Bible has changed somehow. That's ridiculous.
Why ? Because it believes God is up in the skies in heaven and man is here on earth groping around looking for him everywhere but where God wants to know where He is.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why ? Because it believes God is up in the skies in heaven and man is here on earth groping around looking for him everywhere but where God wants to know where He is.
How about because it's what the text says?

Old 10-02-2012, 01:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
How about because it's what the text says?
Do you really think you can read the text and have it all ore out ?

When Jesus said this, He was referring to the religious establishment who thought they understood God and Text. Truth was they were so far alienated in their religious minds from God it was untrue.

At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you really think you can read the text and have it all ore out ?
I assume "figured out"? Yes. The text is not ambiguous here.
Quote:
When Jesus said this, He was referring to the religious establishment who thought they understood God and Text. Truth was they were so far alienated in their religious minds from God it was untrue.

At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
But he was not saying the truth was inside of each one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity