Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:48 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,858,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Titus.
Chapter 3:

(10) A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject;
(11) Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

If you or anyone else,(TTL), agrees with those that teach one can keep their salvation and still sin at the same time...(which is what you do)...then you are all heretic's...so the above Scripture applies to you all. It isn't my problem if you are blind to the Truth of God's Word.

Any future posts from me will be for those who are seeking the truth of God's Word...my aim is not to try to debate with heretics, but to help and guide and enlighten those who are reading and seek to find the heart of God.

I do want to add this one Scripture though...concerning the doctrine we should be teaching...

Titus.
Chapter 1:

(13) This witness is true, Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
(14) Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
(15) Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
(16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny Him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Chapter 2:

(1) But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
(2) That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
(3) The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
...(7) In all things showing thyself of good works: in doctrine showing UNCORRUPTNESS, gravity, sincerity.
(8) Sound speech that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
(9) Exort servants to be obedient unto their own masters,and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
(10) Not purloining, but showing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
(11) For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
(12) Teaching us that, denying ungodly and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
(13) Looking for blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;
(14) Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
(15) These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee! Amen!
I believe you left out the distinction in your OP of continually living in sin, however, as the prodigal son gave up his first inheritance for wild living and as Esau gave up his birthright for something temporary like a meal... these are the vessels unto dishonour in God's House, and in light of eternity... there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth over the loss of that first inheritance to such a degree that God will have to wipe the tears from their eyes for being left behind when judgment falls on the House of God first at the pre-tribulation rapture event.

1 Peter 4:17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Although you carry the concern for those willfully living in sin out of love to present them as a chaste bride to Christ by calling them to depart from iniquity, still all those that believe have been bought with a price and sealed as His: thus your teaching is false and as such is seen as denying the One that bought them living in sin.

2 Peter 2: 1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Whereas Peter was addressing your concern righteously by calling to remembrance those that believe about how they had been bought with a price to no longer live in sin; you, however, have taken the religious path in denying Him in having bought them.

This is how we are saved: Ephesians 1:12-15

Jesus calls you to train disciples: not to judge as in condemning a believer in not being a christian or to declare that they were never saved when they believed. We are to correct, exhort, train by the scriptures, and warning every believer so as to present them as a chaste bride to Christ.

2 Corinthians 11: 1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Colossians 1: 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

So no one can lose their salvation in Christ: even those that have been led astray that do not believe any more:

2 Timothy 2: 18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Verses 25-26 is what we are called to do and may the Lord help us serve Him in warning every believer to be ready and abiding in Him before the Bridegroom cometh.

Hebrews 12:1-29 speaks of God chastening every child He receives and we see the application of verse 20 above in these verses below:

1 Corinthians 3: 10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are....
21Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

A needful correction, brother, if you are to continue to serve Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 07:30 PM

392 posts, read 557,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Totton Linnet View Post
It says not a word about losing one's salvation, only blessing and inheritance, they were kept wandering around the wilderness [sound familiar?] even of the Jews mentioned it says nothing about them being cast into the pit of hell as you luridly put it.

Take a look at the man who sinned in corinth, he engaged in sex with his mother while his father was still alive, Paul was horrified, he commanded that he should be delivered unto Satan for the destruction of the FLESH so that his spirit might be saved. There was never, never any suggestion that he would lose his salvation, certainly his reward, but then we find in a further letter that Paul commandd that the church should turn and forgive him and comfort him, lest he be overcome with grief.

We arre made one spirit with the Lord when we are born again, we cannot be unsaved.

Quote:
Verna once again, noone can lose their salvation; it is impossible for someone that is genuinely saved to become unsaved.

Gideon said, so it definitely appears you have a doctrine of the Seventh Day Adventist group. My beliefs are much different as I see them in God's word. David asks God to restore the joy of his salvation and fellowship after he fell into sin with Bathsheba. He never lost his salvation only his communion with God and the joy were lost. John tells us we know we are saved in the present progressive, meaning we know in the present and progressive tense. Salvation is not something that can be earned by works of righteousness, but according to his mercy he saved us, Past tense. Once we are saved nothing can break that or take it away, not even growing up in a non Christian home can. We do not work our way into salvation by good works and keeping his commandments. The commandments are important for the saint to keep, but there in none righteous not one, no one can keep them, neither you nor I. If we think the wrong thought, which we all do every day, we have broken the commandments. If we break one we have broken all commands. We live in a fallen body that sins and we sin daily whether we realize it or not. Clearly the scriptures tell us God gave us the Ten Commandments as a school master to prove to us we needed a Savior that never sinned to impute his righteousness on us for our sins past, present and future. Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound. God forbid. Yes we are to live holly lives and be separated unto God, but none, I repeat none can keep the Ten Commandments, not even after being saved. None can lose salvation ever as you have suggested. I am not here to debate salvation, regeneration, imputation, sanctification and God's approbation with any. Certainly keeping the Sabbath has nothing to do with salvation as keeping any of the commandments do not have anything to do with salvation. God saves us by his grace not by our works. That is plain and simple in scripture.

I am here to edify and inform the saints of the error in the return of Christ in most local, bible believing churches. We are also here to discuss the most likely probability that America is Babylon also. So if you want to argue about salvation; maybe you should kindly do that in another thread. I clearly pointed out my motives when I started and do not care to waste time and energy arguing something with you that is already settle with us in our faith.

So I guess the question to ask is you already believe that we have accepted the Mark of the Beast by not worshiping during the Sabbath correct? I contend this to be most inaccurate, as the mark will be a literal marking system and it certainly has not been accepted by people that do not worship on Sunday. Hitler employed the same doctrine as the UN security council may try to do again. So the ideal here is they may kill saints someday for not accepting the mark or RFD chips not for not worshipping on Sunday; they martyrs come forth for not accepting the mark or RFD chip. We will get to the mark later, but it is important to know if you believe we have accepted the mark for not worshiping on Sunday.

With that being ask, we will continue on to The Blessed Hope of the believer and we will demonstrate some history etc of where certain false doctrines came from.

So definately, I will not take time or energy to argue salvation against this apparently false, doctrine you proclaim. It has nothing to do with this subject matter/ my purpose here is to edify the saints that are saved by the blood of the Lamb, to edify the saints that believe in salvation by grace and not of works, lest any dare boast. None can keep the commands, even after salvation occurs, not even 38 years later. We live in a sinful fallen Body and nature. We all have sinned in Adam, but through Christ we can all be propitiated for.

The heavens declare the Glory of the Lord.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,622,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post

Gideon said, so it definitely appears you have a doctrine of the Seventh Day Adventist group. My beliefs are much different as I see them in God's word. David asks God to restore the joy of his salvation and fellowship after he fell into sin with Bathsheba. He never lost his salvation only his communion with God and the joy were lost. John tells us we know we are saved in the present progressive, meaning we know in the present and progressive tense. Salvation is not something that can be earned by works of righteousness, but according to his mercy he saved us, Past tense. Once we are saved nothing can break that or take it away, not even growing up in a non Christian home can. We do not work our way into salvation by good works and keeping his commandments. The commandments are important for the saint to keep, but there in none righteous not one, no one can keep them, neither you nor I. If we think the wrong thought, which we all do every day, we have broken the commandments. If we break one we have broken all commands. We live in a fallen body that sins and we sin daily whether we realize it or not. Clearly the scriptures tell us God gave us the Ten Commandments as a school master to prove to us we needed a Savior that never sinned to impute his righteousness on us for our sins past, present and future. Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound. God forbid. Yes we are to live holly lives and be separated unto God, but none, I repeat none can keep the Ten Commandments, not even after being saved. None can lose salvation ever as you have suggested. I am not here to debate salvation, regeneration, imputation, sanctification and God's approbation with any. Certainly keeping the Sabbath has nothing to do with salvation as keeping any of the commandments do not have anything to do with salvation. God saves us by his grace not by our works. That is plain and simple in scripture.

I am here to edify and inform the saints of the error in the return of Christ in most local, bible believing churches. We are also here to discuss the most likely probability that America is Babylon also. So if you want to argue about salvation; maybe you should kindly do that in another thread. I clearly pointed out my motives when I started and do not care to waste time and energy arguing something with you that is already settle with us in our faith.

So I guess the question to ask is you already believe that we have accepted the Mark of the Beast by not worshiping during the Sabbath correct? I contend this to be most inaccurate, as the mark will be a literal marking system and it certainly has not been accepted by people that do not worship on Sunday. Hitler employed the same doctrine as the UN security council may try to do again. So the ideal here is they may kill saints someday for not accepting the mark or RFD chips not for not worshipping on Sunday; they martyrs come forth for not accepting the mark or RFD chip. We will get to the mark later, but it is important to know if you believe we have accepted the mark for not worshiping on Sunday.

With that being ask, we will continue on to The Blessed Hope of the believer and we will demonstrate some history etc of where certain false doctrines came from.

So definately, I will not take time or energy to argue salvation against this apparently false, doctrine you proclaim. It has nothing to do with this subject matter/ my purpose here is to edify the saints that are saved by the blood of the Lamb, to edify the saints that believe in salvation by grace and not of works, lest any dare boast. None can keep the commands, even after salvation occurs, not even 38 years later. We live in a sinful fallen Body and nature. We all have sinned in Adam, but through Christ we can all be propitiated for.

The heavens declare the Glory of the Lord.
We've ALREADY BEEN HERE GIDEON...!

...Uh...Gideon...?...the following is from one of your post's on your "blessed hope" thread; (post #13), to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon
...are you bored...? you must be bored...your copying and pasting...and your repeating your same stuff here on my thread...I would respectfully ask you to not throw my thread off track...would you mind keeping your opinions on Babylon...my being an SDA, (which I am not!)...and some story you've come up with about the mark of the beast junk, (whatever), on your own thread.

Thank you.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 PM

392 posts, read 557,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
We've ALREADY BEEN HERE GIDEON...!

...Uh...Gideon...?...the following is from one of your post's on your "blessed hope" thread; (post #13), to me:

...are you bored...? you must be bored...your copying and pasting...and your repeating your same stuff here on my thread...I would respectfully ask you to not throw my thread off track...would you mind keeping your opinions on Babylon...my being an SDA, (which I am not!)...and some story you've come up with about the mark of the beast junk, (whatever), on your own thread.

Thank you.

Gideon said no need to rewrite what I have already written to you.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,622,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said no need to rewrite what I have already written to you.
Verna said you did though..twice now! Wrong twice!...so I thank you for sparing me a third round of "wrong" again!...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity