U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,458,281 times
Reputation: 934

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said for get this post; it does matter what we believe and teach to be truth. Do you deny that?
For me, Betsey..I BELIEVE GOD! ALLLLLLL of it, or son, none of it..................FINAL ANSWER!!

 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:03 PM
 
392 posts, read 469,883 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yeah! that is what I said - the OT is irrelevant. Not so, only in regard to teaching a rapture for the Church prior to the Tribulation. In fact the Church was a mystery too.

I Cor.15 is about the resurrection and Paul says that not all will die but that their will be a change in a moment in a twinkling of an eye at the last trumpet. Pre-tribers use this as areference for the Rapture - so it is relevent - is it not?
Gideon said,
Hey let's not forget according to raw original pre-tribbers, Mathew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 are chapters written only for the elect, whom they claim falsely is only Israell, with the exception of the part that talks of the ones being taken and left. THey are taken supposedly. These folks have no ground to stand on. THey change doctrine, like I change my underware.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,760,797 times
Reputation: 58198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yeah! that is what I said - the OT is irrelevant. Not so, only in regard to teaching a rapture for the Church prior to the Tribulation. In fact the Church was a mystery too.

I Cor.15 is about the resurrection and Paul says that not all will die but that their will be a change in a moment in a twinkling of an eye at the last trumpet. Pre-tribers use this as areference for the Rapture - so it is relevent - is it not?
The point is you seem to think that the OT in no way relates to the NT....and that nothing in the OT could POSSIBLY have been referencing the Rapture. Be sure to watch the video when I post it...you'll be surprised.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,458,281 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Then why do you and others post on WHEN HE IS COMING BACK IF IT DOES NOT MATTER

I responding to people who keep posting - When.


Why do you get so caught up when others post on the "when"? Why let it bother you so? Why even take the time to refute it? There's so much that you can be doing right now!

Why not take the notion if He comes today, tonight, or tomorrow I must be found doing what He asked of me? Spreading the goodness of His mercies....

For some of us we know, we feel, we understand the urgency of this hour in which we are living! Don't knock us for "sounding the alarm"! For each of us, you and I both, we're given a task.....for which He equips us with the necessary tools, so to speak, being able to discern the HOUR in which we are living.

When it's all said and done, it's all for the glory of God, FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!! Not ours, not ours. The Rapture is a bonus....reigning with Him for ETERNITY my friend, is the prize. Hope this helps.. .
 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:29 PM
 
5,508 posts, read 4,412,326 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Why do you get so caught up when others post on the "when"? Why let it bother you so? Why even take the time to refute it? There's so much that you can be doing right now!

Why not take the notion if He comes today, tonight, or tomorrow I must be found doing what He asked of me? Spreading the goodness of His mercies....

For some of us we know, we feel, we understand the urgency of this hour in which we are living! Don't knock us for "sounding the alarm"! For each of us, you and I both, we're given a task.....for which He equips us with the necessary tools, so to speak, being able to discern the HOUR in which we are living.

When it's all said and done, it's all for the glory of God, FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!! Not ours, not ours. The Rapture is a bonus....reigning with Him for ETERNITY my friend, is the prize. Hope this helps.. .
Actually I am working - I have alot of down time.

I guess I get caught up for the same reason you do - it matters. Or maybe you are a hypocrite - you say it does not yet you still post and respond???

It sounds like you are the one getting upset not me.

Maybe my task is to prepare people for the Tribulation since so much misguided pre-trib eschatology has pervaded our churches - think of the surprise for those who believe this and finding out that it is not the case. Sad.

The rapture is not a bonus - it is a way for God to resurrect those who are alive and remain at His 2nd coming. It is the resurrection for those who are alive in Christ when He returns - not some get out of persucution card because you are a daughter of the King. Like Daddy won't allow that to happen to me - I am so precious. What about all the other saints who where murdered, tortured, ect.

BE READY; BE PREPARED; BE WATCHING; ENDURE TO THE END; ECT. ECT. ECT.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,458,281 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Actually I am working - I have alot of down time.

I guess I get caught up for the same reason you do - it matters. Or maybe you are a hypocrite - you say it does not yet you still post and respond???

It sounds like you are the one getting upset not me.

Maybe my task is to prepare people for the Tribulation since so much misguided pre-trib eschatology has pervaded our churches - think of the surprise for those who believe this and finding out that it is not the case. Sad.

The rapture is not a bonus - it is a way for God to resurrect those who are alive and remain at His 2nd coming. It is the resurrection for those who are alive in Christ when He returns - not some get out of persucution card because you are a daughter of the King. Like Daddy won't allow that to happen to me - I am so precious. What about all the other saints who where murdered, tortured, ect.

BE READY; BE PREPARED; BE WATCHING; ENDURE TO THE END; ECT. ECT. ECT.

Shiloh1? Let's both pray on it okay, and leave it in the hands of the Master. I'm turning in for the evening, I'm getting ready to talk to my Daddy......peace.

Betsey
 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,574,789 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
That our HOPE issssssss whether we die TONIGHT,
I don't understand the "issssssss". Is that some kind of preacher slang or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
tomorrow, be it mid-trib, post-trib, Wednes, Thursday, or Sunday........is that we REIGN with Him forever?
My friend says in bible college they taught him to be "pan-trib" (just look to Jesus and it'll all pan out )
 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:51 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,428 posts, read 29,579,247 times
Reputation: 29947
He's coming and I'm going!!!
 
Old 12-08-2009, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,401,265 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Why do you get so caught up when others post on the "when"? Why let it bother you so? Why even take the time to refute it? There's so much that you can be doing right now!

Why not take the notion if He comes today, tonight, or tomorrow I must be found doing what He asked of me? Spreading the goodness of His mercies....

For some of us we know, we feel, we understand the urgency of this hour in which we are living! Don't knock us for "sounding the alarm"! For each of us, you and I both, we're given a task.....for which He equips us with the necessary tools, so to speak, being able to discern the HOUR in which we are living.

When it's all said and done, it's all for the glory of God, FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!! Not ours, not ours. The Rapture is a bonus....reigning with Him for ETERNITY my friend, is the prize. Hope this helps.. .
What if you are sitting on the toilet at the time?

That question did come to mind unfortunately.. But I have other questions that may seem silly.

What happens to the car going head on into other cars, that was driven by the raptured person. Does God consider the death of an unbeliever (due to the unmanned car from the rapture) as if he were saved or unsaved?

If Jesus left the earth hidden in a cloud, how is it that when he appears in the cloud people will see him, yet scripture states that he will come back in the same manner he left.. hidden or visible?

How is it that Jesus comes down as far as the clouds from heaven then grabs people to take back to heaven with him before the resurrection of the dead? What about all those who died before? Aren't they first? And if they are first then Rev. 20 states the ones who are beheaded and don't take the mark are to reign with Christ yet most of the rapture believers say that THEY will reign with Christ... So isn't it the tribulation saints who actually reign with Christ according to Rev. 20?

How is it that a new temple is supposed to be built again (even thought there is no need for one as there are synagogues aplenty and no one sacrifices animals anymore anyway) before he comes back yet there is not one built and it is any time now?

I have more but I think that is enough for now.
 
Old 12-09-2009, 02:12 AM
 
392 posts, read 469,883 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
The point is you seem to think that the OT in no way relates to the NT....and that nothing in the OT could POSSIBLY have been referencing the Rapture. Be sure to watch the video when I post it...you'll be surprised.

Gideon said, obviously you do not know or understand the history of pre-tribulationism/ as in the past they said the OT was only meant for Israel and OT accounts could not be used to describe the second coming of Christ (the pre-trib rapture), accounts of the Day of the Lord, as they debunk pretribulationism, with all the signs of the Revelation or apokolypcia. Very obviously you are not versed in the terminology of even your false doctrine. So what he is saying is they are always chaging, now they want to use the OT. Can they ever make up their minds? Their minds are filled with mush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top