U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 AM

5,513 posts, read 4,422,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
The point is you seem to think that the OT in no way relates to the NT....and that nothing in the OT could POSSIBLY have been referencing the Rapture. Be sure to watch the video when I post it...you'll be surprised.
When did I ever say that the OT in no way relaltes to the NT. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I said that the OT would not have revealed the rapture of the church prior to the tribulation - the rapture was a mystery.

I look forward to the video.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,580,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
When did I ever say that the OT in no way relaltes to the NT. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Or as I once asked her "Will you please stop putting words into the words I am putting in your mouth?"

Old 12-09-2009, 05:14 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,771,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Or as I once asked her "Will you please stop putting words into the words I am putting in your mouth?"
LOL....still funny.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:16 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,771,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said, obviously you do not know or understand the history of pre-tribulationism/ as in the past they said the OT was only meant for Israel and OT accounts could not be used to describe the second coming of Christ (the pre-trib rapture), accounts of the Day of the Lord, as they debunk pretribulationism, with all the signs of the Revelation or apokolypcia. Very obviously you are not versed in the terminology of even your false doctrine. So what he is saying is they are always chaging, now they want to use the OT. Can they ever make up their minds? Their minds are filled with mush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post

I said that the OT would not have revealed the rapture of the church prior to the tribulation - the rapture was a mystery.

I look forward to the video.
All I can tell you is wait for the video...it explains it quite well.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:58 AM

392 posts, read 470,453 times
Quote:
Gideon said, give me a break!!! I could care less about a video. Cant you explain things in God's words, instead of relying on phony speculations created by the mass media, now that is scary. Do you actually trust the opionion of a video over God's words? I would venture to say you have not even read thouroughly what I have typed yet. Instead you prefer to watch a video which takes very little intelligence and no effort on your part; all you must do is play and watch. Had you of read what I type, perhaps the scales would be fallen off your eyes by now.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,533,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said, wrong again. If there were a pretribulation rapture you would have no prequalifying signs to watch for as according to pre-tribulationis, His coming could have been anytime after his ascention. Let's not try stattling both horses here, Enow. The watching is not as you interpret, to stay up all night and watch. It is to be aware of the signs of the times and our placement in them. To be sober of the conditions around us and to not be drunk in the excess of the world. That is the meaning of watching.
There is a prequalifying sign to watch for.

The broadening of the way in approaching God other than Jesus Christ which is the definition of "anti-christ" as in "instead of Christ". The falling away of the faith will be the result of this as false prophets and seducing spirits are causing this to occur whereas many believers go in thereat as an adulterous generation that seeketh after a sign, ceasing to be the chaste bride.

The falling away of the faith is to occur first: 1 Timothy 4:1-2

This is why the despensation of the Gospel will go back to the Jews, the 144,000 witnesses, after the rapture.

The idea of watching is to prevent the thief from breaking through as Jesus warned of false prophets in broadening the way by new age rudimets of the world in how they seek another spirit to receive, and the solution is to narrow the way back to the straight gate: Jesus Christ.

This is the offense and work of iniquity that Jesus will judge the church by as He taught, and so will He do... excommunicate the wayward at the rapture event. This is how and when the seperation of the vessels unto honour, the chaste bride from the vessels unto dishonour, the foolish virgins and the prodigal sons will occur.

Remember what Paul said about excommunication when a man was having his father's wife as the church was ignoring this sin?

1 Corinthians 5: 4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 6Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

How is that not representative of what Christ is going to do for those not abiding in Him as God warned the churches in Revelation to avoid going through the great tribulation? Will not Satan war against the saints?

You may not see this, brother, but it is on God to help you see the truth. Even the Psalms depict the words of those left behind and the promise of restoral, albeit missing their birthright at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:32 AM

163 posts, read 141,880 times
Quote:

The only mystery here is how some people can be so blind.

Amen! I agree with that statement. I wonder how people can be so blind to what the Bible says and believe the man made rapture lies! It's a mystery how I could be blinded by the words of men instead of seeing things clearly through the word of God.

Did you ever notice how the pretribbers just keep grasping at straws & have no scriptural base and what they use for scriptures they never look at in the light of other scripture but are completely happy to take out of context?

Old 12-09-2009, 11:41 AM

163 posts, read 141,880 times
Quote:
I wait with bated breath. For both the video, and the Lord's return. Howsomever, I believe the time of "the great falling away" has more falling to do.

However, I believe thoroughly I should do my work as if I'd be here for a thousand years, but live my life as if the Lord may come at any moment. For me, he could, be it at the last trump or when I draw my last breath, whichever comes first.

He said, "Occupy until I come". How are you occupying? Are you winning souls to the Lord, or sitting around waiting for a "rapture"?

Actually, some folks get so "heavenly minded". That's the words my pretrib friends use to describe their belief, not mine. But they're so "heavenly minded" that they're no earthly good. The sit around spouting rapture and singing "I Wish We'd All Been Ready". Well then, do something about those who aren't.

Every day the Lord delays His coming tells me that He is longsuffering to usward, not willing that any should perish. We all have loved ones who need to get right with God. What are we doing to witness to them.

I know one fellow who gave all his kids the "Left Behind" series to witness to them. Folks need the Word of God, not some piece of fiction.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:51 AM

11,923 posts, read 46,002,771 times
Kick back, pop a beer, and enjoy the peace and quite.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:13 PM

5,513 posts, read 4,422,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Remember He comes as a "thief" to THOSE who are not watchful......are you watching and redeeming the time?
Betsey, you do realize that the Lord comes as a 'thief' at the end of the Tribulation.

Rev.16:15 - 'Behold I am coming as a thief. Blessed is He who watches, and keps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.'

Notice that this is in the visionary section - the 6th bowl - not the book ends.

Notice that He has yet to come as a thief even though it is at the end of the tribulation.

Notice verse 14 - the gathering of the kings of the earth to 'that great Day of God Almighty.' That is the day he comes as a thief not the begining of the tribulation.

The Lord does not comes to his people as a thief but only to those who are of the night as Paul said because they deny and have not payed attention to the warnings of the Lord's coming judgment, therefore, they have not repented. That day will take them like a thief and they will be plundered and robbed - taken by surprise. But we are not of the night but of the day as Paul said so that Day will not overtake us - I Thess.5:1-10.

Paul said that sudden destruction comes upon them not us - verse 3. This is when they say 'Peace and Safety.' Notice that it does not say that there there was peace and safty. The point is when they - the nonbelievers - say this, it is when they feel that they are going to get rid of the Jewish problem when the armies mentioned in Rev.16:14-16 are gathered together at Armageddon.

That is the day that Rev.16 and I Thess.5 is talking about is not the rapture. If Paul said that that day would not overtake us, v.4, and that on that Day we would obtain salvation, v.9, then obviously we (the believers) have to be there when that day happens at the end of the Tribulation. That is if we happen to be the ones who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord - I Thess.4:17.

See how context is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity