Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 04:16 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said,

According to dispensationalism, when is the Day of the Lord? Would you say it is at the Revelation or at your imaginable pre-tribulation rapture? BTW, we have proven pre-tribulationism and your dispensationalism very inaccurate and heretical in nature.
Only in your eyes, Gideon.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:34 PM

392 posts, read 559,711 times
The True Interpretation of Revelation 3:10 prove a Post Tribulation Rapture.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/showt...9#post11978929

Old 12-11-2009, 04:02 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Attached is a link to a good article written by Todd Strandberg from www.raptureready.com.

www.raptureready.com/rr-pre-trib-rapture.html

Defending The Pre-trib Rapture

After reading countless messages and articles that attack the pre-trib rapture, I've noticed a certain number of arguments that are repeatedly sent to me. Instead of trying to answer every individual e-mail I receive, I thought it would be a good idea to create a web page that addresses the most commonly mentioned points of debate. This way, I can avoid repeating myself so many times; thereby, maintain my sanity........(click link above to read the whole article)

Old 12-11-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620
Gideon said,

According to dispensationalism, when is the Day of the Lord? Would you say it is at the Revelation or at your imaginable pre-tribulation rapture? BTW, we have proven pre-tribulationism and your dispensationalism very inaccurate and heretical in nature.
Quote:
Enow said, Only in your eyes, Gideon.

Gideon said,
Enow is afraid to answer the questions. He knows we can prove the Day of the Lord is the same as the rapture, in scripture

Old 12-11-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Attached is a link to a good article written by Todd Strandberg from www.raptureready.com.

After reading countless messages and articles that attack the pre-trib rapture, I've noticed a certain number of arguments that are repeatedly sent to me. Instead of trying to answer every individual e-mail I receive, I thought it would be a good idea to create a web page that addresses the most commonly mentioned points of debate. This way, I can avoid repeating myself so many times; thereby, maintain my sanity........(click link above to read the whole article)
Gideon said, Now what is this? Articles books, videos, Tim Lahaye, Darby, but yet they can not expunge the post-tribulation rapture nor expound on the pretribulation rapture for us. I am glad we rely on God's words for interpretation and not man's propaganda.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:55 AM

The True Interpretation of Revelation 3:10 prove a Post Tribulation Rapture.

Come see it in part now, and watch it grow, post #87

http://www.city-data.com/forum/showt...9#post11978929

Old 12-11-2009, 08:58 AM

Old 12-11-2009, 01:43 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Interesting qoute from the article - 'Judaism has traditionally connected this last trump with the resurrection of the dead. Paul also made the connection.'

Well ask yourself when does the 1st resurrection take place? When Christ comes back and just before the Millennium.

I love his aregument against the fact that the 1st Resurrection is not a event but a process of Resurrections in order to deny that the 1st resurrection takes place when Christ returns. He use the two witnesses and the 144,000.

Here is the problem - the two witnesses did not recieve their glorified bodies when they were brought back to life and taken to heaven. I guess Lazarus was part of the 1st resurrection as well. The 144,000 standing on Mount Zion with the Lamb (v.1) is a vision of where they will be - with the Lord on that day when He stands on that mountain. It never says they were resurrected and even if it did they would be as Lazarus and the two witnesses. Furthermore, if they were resurrected by ch.14 of Rev. then the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion by chapter 14.

Here is another dumb quote with conspiritorial overtones: 'Pre-wrath and post-trib folks have the national media and the liberal churches as their allies in their ongoing effort to silence all knowledge of the "blessed hope."

Not only does he catergorize those who oppose him as liberal or at least in bed with them, and engaged in dishonest practices of covering up things, he does not even understand the blessed hope. The blesses hope is Christ in you the hope of Glory - the resurrection of our mortal bodies. It is not some pre-trib hope of a rapture to escape the things that are coming on the earth.

This is one of things that pre-trib theology is slipping into - it is replacing the true hope of of the resurrection with this hope of escape - they got christians looking to their suppossed hope of escaping rather than the return of Christ and the resurrection wherein Christ calls them to endure to the end.

The rest of the article is just strawmen arguments, irrelevant points, and unnecessary arguments by post-tribers.

Nice Try- not really - I already have gone to that site when doing my own praying, thinking, and research rather than just throwing out articles when, like a child who does not like what they hear just screams batting the air with their fist, and covering their ears. Have any of you pre-tribers tried to just suspend your eschatology and go read and pray over what youare reading and see what the Bible actually says rather than just run to someone eleses thoughts on the matter when your position is challenged?

Old 12-11-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Interesting qoute from the article - 'Judaism has traditionally connected this last trump with the resurrection of the dead. Paul also made the connection.'

Well ask yourself when does the 1st resurrection take place? When Christ comes back and just before the Millennium.

I love his aregument against the fact that the 1st Resurrection is not a event but a process of Resurrections in order to deny that the 1st resurrection takes place when Christ returns. He use the two witnesses and the 144,000.

Here is the problem - the two witnesses did not recieve their glorified bodies when they were brought back to life and taken to heaven. I guess Lazarus was part of the 1st resurrection as well. The 144,000 standing on Mount Zion with the Lamb (v.1) is a vision of where they will be - with the Lord on that day when He stands on that mountain. It never says they were resurrected and even if it did they would be as Lazarus and the two witnesses. Furthermore, if they were resurrected by ch.14 of Rev. then the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion by chapter 14.

Here is another dumb quote with conspiritorial overtones: 'Pre-wrath and post-trib folks have the national media and the liberal churches as their allies in their ongoing effort to silence all knowledge of the "blessed hope."

Not only does he catergorize those who oppose him as liberal or at least in bed with them, and engaged in dishonest practices of covering up things, he does not even understand the blessed hope. The blesses hope is Christ in you the hope of Glory - the resurrection of our mortal bodies. It is not some pre-trib hope of a rapture to escape the things that are coming on the earth.

This is one of things that pre-trib theology is slipping into - it is replacing the true hope of of the resurrection with this hope of escape - they got christians looking to their suppossed hope of escaping rather than the return of Christ and the resurrection wherein Christ calls them to endure to the end.

The rest of the article is just strawmen arguments, irrelevant points, and unnecessary arguments by post-tribers.

Nice Try- not really - I already have gone to that site when doing my own praying, thinking, and research rather than just throwing out articles when, like a child who does not like what they hear just screams batting the air with their fist, and covering their ears. Have any of you pre-tribers tried to just suspend your eschatology and go read and pray over what youare reading and see what the Bible actually says rather than just run to someone eleses thoughts on the matter when your position is challenged?
If you have problems with the article then you should take it up with the Author. His name is Todd Strandberg. After all, the article was about people just like you and the same old tired arguments. The only childish behavior going on here is coming from your ilk.

No one forced you to read the article, did they?

Old 12-11-2009, 03:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Default If only we can see God is doing something from the inside rather than the outside.

Have a nice cup of tea !!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity