U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:10 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times

Advertisements

OMGoodness......you people need to live the LIFE Jesus taught us to live so that we can have a true "spiritual" relationship with GOD, as we are meant to have. We are His temple and He lives in us NOW, His kingdom is within us NOW....don't you get that? There will NEVER be a "physical" Jesus coming back to earth to do anything....the more time you WASTE waiting for it to happen, the LESS time you spend building HIS KINGDOM in the here and now.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:40 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Okay, let's post this as a just-in-case scenario. I would rather you have it and don't need it, rather need it and don't have it. So here goes: Post-Rapture Survival Guide (http://www.rapturealert.com/postraptureguide.html - broken link)

Excerpt from the author: If possible, you should get a Bible and read the entire book of Revelation repeatedly. The Bible is the Word of God an is the final authority on all matters of prophecy. I add no words nor take away from the prophecies of the book of Revelation as it is the revealing of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Each and every word of the book of Revelation is to be believed exactly as written.

If you have been left behind, I hope this document will strengthen you in some manner to be faithful to Christ from this point forward. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and strengthen you to face all that is to come until His return.

From Betsey: My Savior and Lord Jesus Christ is still in the saving business! He loves you and wants you to come to Him just as you are! Forget all the rituals and stuff you think you must first perform before coming. I am living proof of where Christ Jesus can bring you from. All I did was fall to my knees and cry out to Him. I came broken, angry, and scared. He heard my cry and answered me when I was about to take my own life at one point in my life. He saved me from me!!

I didn't clean up before I came. I came just as I was, TORN, in sooo many pieces. My God can give you the same thing today! He can give you rest for your souls. He can create in us a new heart. He hasn't changed! We change, people change from day to day. One day they love you, the next day they can hate you just as much. My Father in heaven doesn't change! Only Jesus can love us like that. Today, I offer you Christ. I plead that you cry out to Him and ask Him for mercy for your souls. It's not to late, don't ever let anyone tell you that it is too late! While you are yet alive and have breath in your body, it's not too late to ask the Lord for forgiveness of your sins. The rest will make sense soon, but you must do something.....you must come, okay?

With love to you my friends, Betsey
Excellent post Betsey and I want this survival guide to be front and center so I'm posting it again here:

Post-Rapture Survival Guide

Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
What are you, a preterist? Why even comment in a Rapture thread? Of course Jesus is returning and it is blasphemous to say otherwise. How in the world can you say that the 2nd coming is not going to happen when the Bible is real clear that it will? Just remember when millions disappear in the Rapture to refer to the video link in this thread.

The only thing you are right about is that the kingdom of God is within us. Everyone I know who believes in the Rapture is ALSO having a true "spiritual" relationship with God......that has nothing to do with the Rapture or what is getting ready to take place in this world. Why is it you people think that just because we believe the Bible that we don't have a relationship with Christ? Get real. No one is wasting time except for you wasting ours.
Just because my understanding of the "2nd Coming" is different from yours, doesn't make your understanding the truth any more than it does mine.

There are millions of Christians wasting valuable time, living in expectation of being wafted off the earth, waiting for the magical disappearing act, ignoring all the bad things that are going on this world because hey that's what's supposed to happen right?....instead of trying to make things better by expanding Gods spiritual kingdom in there here and now. Now, you can deny that fact but you know it's true and there are many on this forum who express it day in and day out.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Okay, let's post this as a just-in-case scenario. I would rather you have it and don't need it, rather need it and don't have it. So here goes: Post-Rapture Survival Guide (http://www.rapturealert.com/postraptureguide.html - broken link)

Excerpt from the author: If possible, you should get a Bible and read the entire book of Revelation repeatedly. The Bible is the Word of God an is the final authority on all matters of prophecy. I add no words nor take away from the prophecies of the book of Revelation as it is the revealing of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Each and every word of the book of Revelation is to be believed exactly as written.

If you have been left behind, I hope this document will strengthen you in some manner to be faithful to Christ from this point forward. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and strengthen you to face all that is to come until His return.

From Betsey: My Savior and Lord Jesus Christ is still in the saving business! He loves you and wants you to come to Him just as you are! Forget all the rituals and stuff you think you must first perform before coming. I am living proof of where Christ Jesus can bring you from. All I did was fall to my knees and cry out to Him. I came broken, angry, and scared. He heard my cry and answered me when I was about to take my own life at one point in my life. He saved me from me!!

I didn't clean up before I came. I came just as I was, TORN, in sooo many pieces. My God can give you the same thing today! He can give you rest for your souls. He can create in us a new heart. He hasn't changed! We change, people change from day to day. One day they love you, the next day they can hate you just as much. My Father in heaven doesn't change! Only Jesus can love us like that. Today, I offer you Christ. I plead that you cry out to Him and ask Him for mercy for your souls. It's not to late, don't ever let anyone tell you that it is too late! While you are yet alive and have breath in your body, it's not too late to ask the Lord for forgiveness of your sins. The rest will make sense soon, but you must do something.....you must come, okay?

With love to you my friends, Betsey
Let's try this again:

Post-Rapture Survival Guide

If you've got something negative and blasphemous to say then say it somewhere else. This thread was started for informative purposes and discussion about the rapture, not bashing of the people who know it's going to happen. Start your own thread if you want to argue.

Edit to add:
Not directed at you Betsey, just quoted your post because it's good and because of the link.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:44 AM

418 posts, read 914,270 times
If you get raptured can I have your car ???

Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
Quote:
His feet will not touch the earth but ours will be leaving it!!!
I guarantee they have - and will - touch the earth. It's called Tabernacles, and they are the overcomers who will be called the First Fruits company.

Get out of their way guys, for they don't look for an escape - they take the land by force.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:37 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,451,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
If you get raptured can I have your car ???

Hey John, I'm closer to you, you can certainly have mines.......for I won't be needing it, nor my house, and land, furniture, bank account, hey have it all, all the stuff!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 PM

5,495 posts, read 4,401,519 times
Quote:
He does NOT return twice....what part of Him coming in the clouds are you not understanding? It's simply to gather His elect, it's not a "coming".

We're going up, He's not "coming" down!!!
Ilene, what part of 'coming on the clouds of heaven' don't you understand? It sounds like a coming to me.

And He is coming down - read I Thess.4:16 '...for the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven...'

And do not forget Act 1:9 - '...and a cloud recieved Him up out of their sight.' in like manner He will return with clouds, visibly - v.11.

That is not talking about the rapture. Read Dan.7 and you will see that it is a time of judgment and a setting up of Christ's kingdom on Earth.

The rapture is the resurrection for those who are alive and remain (I Thess.4:15) when Jesus does come back the Second time.

Daniel 7 is the sole reference in the OT about the Son of Man 'coming on the clouds of heaven' and definitely refers to the second coming with glory, power, and judgment, in establishing His kingdom.

Daniel uses phrases like ‘coming with the clouds of heaven’; dominion’; glory’; kingdom’; and ‘thrones.’ It is in the context of judgment with terms like ‘court’ and ‘books’ that we see a clear reference to the final day spoken of in the NT about the return of the Lord. Certainly any such references with ‘Son of Man’ using these phrases or concepts in the NT would be speaking of this event.

Dan.7:9-10 – ‘I watched till thrones were put in place, and the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire; a fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him. A thousand thousands ministered to Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated and the books were opened.’

Dan.7:13-14 – ‘I was watching in the night visions, and behold one like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then was given to Him dominion and glory, and a kingdom that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom which shall not be destroyed.’

Dan.7:27 – ‘Then the kingdom and dominion and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom and all dominions shall obey and serve Him.’

Old 12-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Ilene, what part of 'coming on the clouds of heaven' don't you understand? It sounds like a coming to me.

And He is coming down - read I Thess.4:16 '...for the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven...'

And do not forget Act 1:9 - '...and a cloud recieved Him up out of their sight.' in like manner He will return with clouds, visibly - v.11.

That is not talking about the rapture. Read Dan.7 and you will see that it is a time of judgment and a setting up of Christ's kingdom on Earth.

The rapture is the resurrection for those who are alive and remain (I Thess.4:15) when Jesus does come back the Second time.

Daniel 7 is the sole reference in the OT about the Son of Man 'coming on the clouds of heaven' and definitely refers to the second coming with glory, power, and judgment, in establishing His kingdom.

Daniel uses phrases like ‘coming with the clouds of heaven’; dominion’; glory’; kingdom’; and ‘thrones.’ It is in the context of judgment with terms like ‘court’ and ‘books’ that we see a clear reference to the final day spoken of in the NT about the return of the Lord. Certainly any such references with ‘Son of Man’ using these phrases or concepts in the NT would be speaking of this event.

Dan.7:9-10 – ‘I watched till thrones were put in place, and the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire; a fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him. A thousand thousands ministered to Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated and the books were opened.’

Dan.7:13-14 – ‘I was watching in the night visions, and behold one like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then was given to Him dominion and glory, and a kingdom that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom which shall not be destroyed.’

Dan.7:27 – ‘Then the kingdom and dominion and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom and all dominions shall obey and serve Him.’
I'm speaking of the Rapture of the church and you are talking about Jesus' second coming. Two seperate events and only one of them is His 2nd and final "coming".

Old 12-03-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Hey John, I'm closer to you, you can certainly have mines.......for I won't be needing it, nor my house, and land, furniture, bank account, hey have it all, all the stuff!
I've seen people make the same "can I have your stuff" remarks so many times in these Rapture threads....it gets kinda old.

But yes, take it all!!! My treasures are in heaven!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity