Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:47 AM

392 posts, read 559,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Oh Gideon,

I really like you and admire your tenacity but you are so engaged in this tribulation issue.. Don't you think and believe that one way or another we all have to be ready and willing to die if need be for our faith in Christ? So if we are ready even as we speak today why does this teaching really matter at all? Just wondering?

God has told me specifically not to argue over this subject right now...that there are many that aren't even in the Kingdom yet, many souls that must be saved.

May God give you rest...
GIdeon said, you ask great important questions,
Well, I can think of many reasons, scriptural reasons why it matters what we believe. As I said before there can only be one truth. Let's not forget, I did not start this thread, but rather am just an active participant in it defending the word.

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

5And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
6For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

It definately matters what we believe.

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Now believing the incorrect doctrine, in some cases indicative of ones authenticity.

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Those whom have pleasure in error concerning the timing, will be subject to God's strong delusion when Satan is cast from heaven in the midst of the week, as the GT kicks off. So it brings blessing to the real saints but damnation to the pretenders.

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 PM

4 posts, read 4,115 times
Time is on the lord side its the ones that will be left here on earth that havent given themselves to him that will be worse off because this world will go through hell on earth are you ready have you asked him into your life and heart?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:06 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
I have the feeling this one is done. Very done.

Too many attacks/rude posts deleted...

THREAD CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity