Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:02 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm personally indebted to my Savior because He paid (it) my debt in full and this is why i love Him .

If the debt is paid for , why are fundamentalists saying we are still in debt ?

19how that God was in Christ -- a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation,

So it's clear God has forgiven and not God will forgive.He either is or isn't reckoning our trespasses against us.

Eusebius i looked at this statement of yours yesterday and was scratching my head , this morning it dawned on me what you are saying.

It seems to me you are saying , If a christian believes this statement of yours it it reveals how shallow their faith really is .
Why is that verse pulled out of context? Maybe because it sounds pretty, and conforms to the doctrinal beliefs held by a few?

In verse 17 it makes it clear who this is directed at:

Therefore IF anyone is IN Christ, {he is} a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Does it say everyone is IN Christ? No it doesn't. See the IF? That word right there says not everyone is IN Christ. Next 2 verses, since they are a continuing sentence?

Now all things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

What things are from God? It says ALL things. This implies both old and new things, right? From verse 17. Makes sense, since God created everything.

Also, it says "who reconciled US to Himself, through Christ". Who is the US? Well, from these verses we see the US is those given the message of reconciliation, and has sent then out to deliver the message. They already have the "new things". They are IN Christ. They are sharing the hope with those who do not have this.

The rest of the world? Reconciling actively. This is the message. Jesus died for the whole world. But the reconciliation is not done, but rather, being done. Only when a babe in Christ crys out for forgiveness, is his sins forgiven, and their trespasses are not counted against them. It doesn't say they already are forgiven. It also doesn't say everyone will be forgiven. Unless I am missing something, which can be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 06:05 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
No it say that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself not reckoning their trespasses against them , (then it goes on to say) this is the message God has given us (you and i) as ambassadors to take to the world on His behalf.

It is clear as crystal that is what it is saying . Read it again . This is why Jesus said it is finished , if it was not He would have to keep dying over and over again.

The debt is either paid or it isn't , if you think your debt was paid when you believed , you are believing wrong , when you put your faith in Christ your sins (debt) were already paid for

Old 12-07-2009, 06:38 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
He already did save mankind...it is bent on you partaking in that gift, the gift given freely for all men. Christ's work is done.

Once again a lack of understanding from universalists.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No it say that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself not reckoning their trespasses against them , (then it goes on to say) this is the message God has given us (you and i) as ambassadors to take to the world on His behalf.

It is clear as crystal that is what it is saying . Read it again . This is why Jesus said it is finished , if it was not He would have to keep dying over and over again.

The debt is either paid or it isn't , if you think your debt was paid when you believed , you are believing wrong , when you put your faith in Christ your sins (debt) were already paid for

Reconciling does not mean reconciled. One is present tense, and the other is past tense. One is active, the other is finished.

So how can it be active, yet still be finished?

The debt was paid for, 2000 years ago. Acknowleging that the debt was paid for, and living like it has been paid for, is what begins the process of being a child of God, a joint heir with Christ Jesus.

Hense the Prodical Son parable.

To the father, the son was dead, until he came back home.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:47 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If You Don't Believe God is Going to Save All Mankind then you'll go to hell for ever.
Sounds like the bumper sticker that says, "My convictions are not for public display."

Old 12-07-2009, 06:50 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,877,477 times
Quote:
If You Don't Believe God is Going to Save All Mankind then you'll go to hell for ever.
Says who? I don't believe in hell either so how can I go there? It's all fiction to me.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:54 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Sounds like the bumper sticker that says, "My convictions are not for public display."

How about "I don't talk about how I fast 2 weeks out of the year"

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-07-2009 at 07:07 AM..

Old 12-07-2009, 07:11 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times
Since being on this forum, I have prayed and mediated on God's word . . .but I believe the message of scripture is clearer when we line up all the fence posts . . . not just taking a few verses here and there.

As painful as it may be . . . .the theme, running trhough the New Testament, and coming out of Jesus's mouth is that NOT ALL will be saved.

Therefore IF anyone is IN Christ, {he is} a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:12 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Aw, to hell with hell.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Since being on this forum, I have prayed and mediated on God's word . . .but I believe the message of scripture is clearer when we line up all the fence posts . . . not just taking a few verses here and there.

As painful as it may be . . . .the theme, running trhough the New Testament, and coming out of Jesus's mouth is that NOT ALL will be saved.

Our King said they would not all be, and yet,,,there are those who discount even His Words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity