U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2009, 10:33 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,694,814 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Please elaborate.
(2 Corinthians 5:20)
20Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

(Romans 9:3)
3For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

"We plead with sinners. We take the gospel to the ends of the earth and we leave the secret things to the Lord but we follow the responsibility to call sinners to faith, knowing that those who come will have had a full atonement provided for them.........."

John Macarthur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,694,814 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
That is a lie.



There is no strawman when your own view is contradictory. Your so-called "good news" has God proclaiming "fantastic news for all people", when God himself knows in the end it won't be good news for most. What kind of two-faced good news are you preaching here?

GOD ALREADY KNOWS THE END! If God says His news is good news for all people, then that can't include most people being burnt for eternity (or being annihilated), unless you think God was lying...

if....if...if....that is not my job to call it good news or bad news because what end result, may be that is for God to judge not me obviously it is your job to know the secrets of God. My job is to tell the world the gospel. That we are sinners and we have sinned and grieved God and He has every right to destroy us but He has made a way for us and sent His Son so that if we believe we can be with Him. How it makes perfect, complete sense harmonizing with free will? I have no clue but that is not for me to say or judge, just to say what scripture says.

That's the good news and please stop twisting it in order to fit your argument

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-07-2009 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,340,097 times
Reputation: 3735
Red face ".... or else!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If You Don't Believe God is Going to Save All Mankind then you'll go to hell for ever.
Wow. Does this qualify as open proselytizing? I suppose not. Trolling? I'd say it comes awfully close to a fine example of it.

It assumes knowledge no-one can really have, and it makes a statement that is offensive to those with different beliefs.

It assumes there's a destination called Hell, which provides:

"In the case of a truly saintly person, that person would certainly go to an environment that represented the very essence of what we imagine as Heaven. People that lived lives that were between these extremes would certainly arrive in Heaven (as long as Jesus was accepted as Savior), but per John 14:2 God has prepared MANY mansions for us in Heaven. This seems to imply that a variety of environments and populations exist in Heaven. This assures all Christians that ONE of those mansions will be ideally suited for each of us!"

Imagine that! An infinite number of mansions! It would indeed be a contractor's heaven, with lots of opportunities for profit! My highlight, in blue above, notes that it's what we imagine, without a lot of thought put into it, about what would be "heavenly". A mansion comes to most poor folks' minds, without wondering who gets to clean all the bathrooms. or cook all the meals. Perhaps it's some of the "less saintly", who barely scraped in with minimal credentials...

[from this endlessly humorous site: http://mb-soft.com/public/heaven5.html]

If the OP isn't a direct threat about believing in God, I do not know what is! Believe, or to hell you go with no chance of escape. I also thought there was a way out of hell for reformers (Dante's levels of hell, after all..), but apparently not.

You'd better shape up, Christians, or else! (but know that the rest of us are enjoying this one and only life to the fullest, without having to go for goody points in order to make the grade...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Frisco, TX
7,556 posts, read 11,865,071 times
Reputation: 4516
It's interesting that the One who sits on the throne said to write down what He said, because it was a faithful saying:

"I make ALL THINGS new."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 10:53 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,694,814 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You'd better shape up, Christians, or else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
 
Location: New England
32,036 posts, read 21,011,690 times
Reputation: 2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
if....if...if....that is not my job to call it good news or bad news because of the end result, that is for God to judge not me obviously it is your job to know the secrets of God. My job is to tell the world the gospel. That we are sinners and we have sinned and grieved God and He has every right to destroy us but He has made a way for us and sent His Son so that if we believe we can be with Him. How it makes perfect, complete sense harmonizing with free will? I have no clue but that is not for me to say or judge, just to say what scripture says.

That's the good news and please stop twisting it in order to fit your argument
Fundy you are sold out to a preconceived idea of God's nature and character , you refuse to reason (which by the way is perfectly scriptual) and your response to Lego sounds like a response from someone who belongs to a cult .

I find it odd that you would say it's not for me to say or judge , yet you have a lot to say about sin and have no trouble judging who are real and false christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
 
17,966 posts, read 12,884,954 times
Reputation: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
by chance????? where is the chance..so people in this room are saved by chance???? I made the choice to serve Him because He saved me. You have no facts to back up your gross, highly incorrect interpretation of my "suggestion" you think I made....chance???? where did you get that?

Why do you think the bible says to beg and plead with the sinner to come to Him.
Oh brother.

The Bible never says God saves anyone by chance and the Bible never says anyone serves God by chance either.

The bible however does say God first chooses those who will be saved and then glorifies them.

The Bible never says to beg and plead with the sinnner to come to Him.

The Bible says "God is the Saviour of all mankind." Though, of course, you don't really believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 11:17 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,694,814 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Fundy you are sold out to a preconceived idea of God's nature and character , you refuse to reason (which by the way is perfectly scriptual) and your response to Lego sounds like a response from someone who belongs to a cult .

I find it odd that you would say it's not for me to say or judge , yet you have a lot to say about sin and have no trouble judging who are real and false christians.
DING!!! DING!!! DING!!!! You have finally got me Pcamps!! Is it logical to reason with a being that thinks much higher and different from me?

To answer your last question of what you find odd. I don't have a right to judge God, His nature, His ways etc.....

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-07-2009 at 11:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,694,814 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Oh brother.

The Bible never says to beg and plead with the sinnner to come to Him.

.
It in the bible. God is clear about us being calling people to the faith, It is our responsibility.

(2 Corinthians 5:20)
20Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-07-2009 at 11:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,384,096 times
Reputation: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(2 Corinthians 5:20)
20Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

(Romans 9:3)
3For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

"We plead with sinners. We take the gospel to the ends of the earth and we leave the secret things to the Lord but we follow the responsibility to call sinners to faith, knowing that those who come will have had a full atonement provided for them.........."

John Macarthur
But that's the problem with John Macarthur, he doesn't believe the Gospel, in that our sins were forgiven (past tense) in Christ and that in His resurrection we were declared justified (past tense). That's the good news that Macarthur does not see.

Can someone be told that their sins were forgiven in Christ and that they were justified in His resurrection? Yes! Of course! The Gospel declares it so. This is not a secret as Macarthur would have us believe. What is a secret is how and when the Spirit of God reveals this truth to them and causes them to believe it. In time, and according to God's grace, all will come to a full knowledge and understanding of this salvation. Even infants and children who have never heard of the Gospel or Christ.

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 12-07-2009 at 12:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top