U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,421,520 times

Advertisements

For those that don't believe that Christ is part of the Triune Godhead...please take part. I will ask one question for those that adhere to this doctrine.

What did Thomas call Christ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 12:01 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,421,520 times
Can no one answer this question?

Old 12-10-2009, 12:51 AM

150 posts, read 264,516 times
The Word [John chapter 1]
The I Am [John chapter 8]

Old 12-10-2009, 05:11 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,248,295 times
The Word is with God (Divine Love) That is God's substance.
The I AM is that fragment of God that is within all of us.

When you discover this Truth, you will understand that Jesus is not God, only has a part of God that will eventually merge. We all are like that.

I AM a particulate in eternity sent to define a human personality to an individual. (Your God Fragment) This is how Jesus was able to become LIKE God. He never calimed to be God.

From the present through a time-able future I hope and trust that I will partner with the human of my indwelling and together traverse the long segment of space to eternity. I AM the outworking of perfection in the imperfect aspects of humanity. I AM sent to adjust, to incrementally correct that which is necessary for man to grow and lend and bend his will to the will of the heavenly Father. Though I personally work within a mind, I work within the mind to gradually adjust the thoughts which implement behavior patterns in the human.

I AM that voice echoing thought and words which grate in the human mind. They go against the selfish human will; go against the human indulgences and desires and the animal like behavior patterns. It is my will to never stop loving and co-ordinating thoughts, actions within the human mind and within the outplay of human drama within the brotherhood of men and women. I AM perfect in all ways, seeking perfection within the human mind. Perfection in thought gradually reflects incorrect behavior.

Since I have access to the humans personality chart, I know where a human needs to turn, where a human needs to go and what a human needs to do to grow in my likeness, my love-ability and all other unconditional aspects of spirit. I AM ancient and I AM new, I AM within and I AM you. I Am patient with the mind which neglects, the mind which oversees, forgets that I AM here. I unceasingly work to make my presence known within your mind. I work one step at a time, I get you to pass one test before there is a rest period for the next test.

I AM a still small voice and I will continue to echo perfection from eternity into the present NOW.

When we listen to our God Fragment, we can overcome everything.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 AM

1,959 posts, read 4,718,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
For those that don't believe that Christ is part of the Triune Godhead...please take part. I will ask one question for those that adhere to this doctrine.

What did Thomas call Christ?
"My Lord and my God" (John 20:28) And Jesus did not correct him.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,644,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
John 20:29-31 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Perfect opportunity to state that Jesus is God.... but nope not here.

I guess that means that Thomas believed that Jesus was the messiah sent from God... the Son of God... Not GOD...

Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 AM

7,780 posts, read 13,474,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post

Further, Jesus allowed many to worship Him....idolatry if Christ wasn't deity.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,462,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

Further, Jesus allowed many to worship Him....idolatry if Christ wasn't deity.
If the only way to worship God is in spirit and truth,,is it idolatry to show reverence to someone with authority, in the flesh? Just wondering. Because that is all worship means.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM

7,780 posts, read 13,474,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
If the only way to worship God is in spirit and truth,,is it idolatry to show reverence to someone with authority, in the flesh? Just wondering. Because that is all worship means.
That may be all 'worship' means to you, but that does not mean that is truly all 'worship' means.

If one shows the same reverence to someone with authority (say, a judge, police officer, clergy) as they do to God then I believe they should consider whether God is getting the glory and honor He deserves.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:03 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,475,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
John 20:29-31 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Perfect opportunity to state that Jesus is God.... but nope not here.

I guess that means that Thomas believed that Jesus was the messiah sent from God... the Son of God... Not GOD...
The funny thing is Thomas didn't say My Messiah the Son Of God, He said My Lord and My God. You should really stick to what scripture is saying. You don't use what you say, just read scripture and see what is there.

So, your guess is guessing what the scriputure is not saying. The scripture is very clear. There is nothing in this scripture that says what you are sayng that you guess that it is.. I am not guessing what I see here, I simply read it, take what is there. It seems people have a time with adding, guessing, or placing what is not in scripture. But like you say, I guess. LOL, stop guessing and read the scripture. Anyway, I'm getting ready for a cruise.. Estoy fuera!!!!

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 12-10-2009 at 10:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or