Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:41 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times

Advertisements

I hear all the time that there is 2 types of resurrection bodies - believers get a spiritual body and the unbelievers/wicked get either a physical body that is destroyed or an immortal one that is eternally tormented.

However when I look at the scriptures there is only one type of resurrected body - a spiritual body raised in glory, power

1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
1Co 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

In Revelation when we see the second death mentioned it does not state that the dead are raised before experiencing the second death - it is assumed that they are raised before but when I look at Corinthians it says first needs to die then it is quickened - sown in dishonour, corruption then raised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 07:33 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,219 times
meerkat, those that recieve the incorruptible bodies are those that have entered into the New Covenant. That is all. The wicked that don't enter into that covenant don't receive anything but death.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:47 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
meerkat, those that recieve the incorruptible bodies are those that have entered into the New Covenant. That is all. The wicked that don't enter into that covenant don't receive anything but death.
We are told that there is the resurrection of both those that have done good and evil

All are judged

All die

All are resurrected

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. {{{{ damnation is the word normally translated judgement in scripture (in the next verse it is)}}}}
Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:01 PM

I understand the raising up issue, but I am speaking concerning the OP, and that is the body, incorruptible..this is the white robe...which clothes the spirit...the tabernacle eternal 2 Cor 5

Old 12-10-2009, 08:21 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,195,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
However when I look at the scriptures there is only one type of resurrected body - a spiritual body raised in glory, power
True.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:58 PM

28,088 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
Are you saying that the wicked will not be resurrected but will remain dead forever? I don't believe that's biblical, sciotamicks.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:03 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,059 times
the human body I have now is made of mortal flesh...it is called the natural body in that it has to follow the natural laws of the universe.

In the resurrection I will be raised in a spiritual body of everlasting flesh and bone.
It's still a fully human body, but the nature is different.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Are you saying that the wicked will not be resurrected but will remain dead forever? I don't believe that's biblical, sciotamicks.
No. I am not. Spiritual death.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:31 PM

28,088 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
No. I am not. Spiritual death.
Okay, I guess I misunderstood you. But the OP was not about spiritual death or spiritual rebirth. It was about the resurrection of our bodies, wasn't it?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, I guess I misunderstood you. But the OP was not about spiritual death or spiritual rebirth. It was about the resurrection of our bodies, wasn't it?
Yes it was. I apologize, yet it was also about two ressurected bodies, one into life, and the other into torment.

2 Corinthians 5 is great to read alongside 1 Corinthians 15
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity