Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 06:57 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertwr View Post
LIFE OR DEATH, NOT ETERNAL LIFE IN ONE PLACE OR ETERNAL LIFE IN ANOTHER PLACE. "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after this comes judgment" (Hebrews 9:27). "For the hour comes, in which all that are in the tombs shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the RESURRECTION OF LIFE; and they that have done evil, unto the RESURRECTION OF JUDGMENT" (John 5:28-29).........................
Actually your title doesn't make sense. Who said, the wages of sin is eternal life in torment?....that's not true because if that were then I would be headed to hell myself.
The wages of sin is death and because of what Adam did we are all born with a sinful nature which resulted in every human being is born spiritually dead.

I think you are misinterpreting "living", "immortality", "life", Every human being on this planet past, present and future will go on; we were created to live forever-we are in a sense immortal. "Life" is Jesus, Jesus is the life and anyone who repents, receives as their saviour and put their trust in Him will live in Him and He in them; either you live with Jesus or you don't which is death. Without Jesus there is no life

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-14-2009 at 07:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 AM

30 posts, read 57,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Actually your title doesn't make sense. Who said, the wages of sin is eternal life in torment?....that's not true because if that were then I would be headed to hell myself.
The wages of sin is death and because of what Adam did we are all born with a sinful nature which resulted in every human being is born spiritually dead.

I think you are misinterpreting "living", "immortality", "life", Every human being on this planet past, present and future will go on; we were created to live forever-we are in a sense immortal. "Life" is Jesus, Jesus is the life and anyone who repents, receives as their saviour and put their trust in Him will live in Him and He in them; either you live with Jesus or you don't which is death. Without Jesus there is no life
The title is "Life or Death, not eternal life in one place or eternal life in another place" It says the wages of sin is death, not as many teach today that all who are not saved will have eternal life in Hell. All that are saved will have life, all that are not saved will have death, the second death in Revelation 20:14-15. After the second death there is nothing said about a resurrection from it or any kind of life for those who are not found written in the book of life.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
The title is "Life or Death, not eternal life in one place or eternal life in another place" It says the wages of sin is death, not as many teach today that all who are not saved will have eternal life in Hell. All that are saved will have life, all that are not saved will have death, the second death in Revelation 20:14-15. After the second death there is nothing said about a resurrection from it or any kind of life for those who are not found written in the book of life.
You cannot have eternal "life" in hell?...life is Jesus...We are all dead, we are born dead and when we are given life, we become alive because Christ dwells in us. We don't need Jesus to live eternally, that is a given but we do need Jesus if we want life. The "second death" is a permanent death which is separated from God forever and could there be any greater torment?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:35 AM

[quote=meerkat2;12001247]Robert

In Revelation I see the dead being judged there is no mention that they are alive at that stage (spiritually alive). Those in the first resurrection their souls are made alive and they reign with Christ for the thousand years and the rest of the dead are not made alive (resurrected) until the thousand years are over.

I do not believe that our souls are immortal or spiritual - that is why there is resurrection of the dead - it is sown natural/corruptible and raised spiritual/incorruptible. refer 1 Cor

How is death swallowed up in victory if there are eternally dead people? [quote=meerkat2;1200247]

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. All the dead will be resurrected (Matt 5:29) for judgment. Those who have done evil will be resurrected but not to life, not to the life Christ gives to those"who have done good" All are alive now but not all have the eternal life Christ will give to those who believe. If they are resurrected they will have some kind of life but are not immortal. Those who are not written in the book of life will be cast into the Lake of Fire which is the second death. After the second death, nothing is said about a resurrection for them. Without a second resurrection from the second death they could not be alive.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:48 AM

[quote=robertwr;12020186]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post

How is death swallowed up in victory if there are eternally dead people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post

If they are resurrected they will have some kind of life but are not immortal. Those who are not written in the book of life will be cast into the Lake of Fire which is the second death. After the second death, nothing is said about a resurrection for them. Without a second resurrection from the second death they could not be alive.
No there is not some kind of life; either you have life or you don't, that life is Jesus..."I am the way, the truth and the life"

The first death is physical and the second death is spiritual, permanently separated from God from which there is no coming back

Swallowing up death is a promise in the ressurection of believers. Is it a victory in your life? so either it's a victory or it isn't?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-14-2009 at 09:01 AM..

Old 12-14-2009, 09:51 AM

[quote=Fundamentalist;12020365]
Quote:

No there is not some kind of life; either you have life or you don't, that life is Jesus..."I am the way, the truth and the life"

The first death is physical and the second death is spiritual, permanently separated from God from which there is no coming back

Swallowing up death is a promise in the ressurection of believers. Is it a victory in your life? so either it's a victory or it isn't?
Are you saying the lost will not be resurrected for judgment? That when they die they are permanently gone? What do you mean by "permanently separated form God"? Many say they are separated from God when there immortal soul is alive in torment in Hell.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 AM

[quote=robertwr;12021115]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

Are you saying the lost will not be resurrected for judgment? That when they die they are permanently gone? What do you mean by "permanently separated form God"? Many say they are separated from God when there immortal soul is alive in torment in Hell.
The only difference you and I have is that you believe the soul will be eradicated. I see in scripture that God made us to live forever. Our souls will go on forever, even science says, energy cannot be detroyed.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:20 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,332,882 times
Quote:
We don't need Jesus to live eternally, that is a given but we do need Jesus if we want life.
what you say, is what the serpent said:

Genesis 3:4

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die

Old 12-14-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
what you say, is what the serpent said:

Genesis 3:4

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die
I never said, "we won't die" I said there are two deaths a physical and a spiritual. Our soul will live forever but immortality has nothing to do with eternal "life".

Old 12-14-2009, 10:49 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,332,882 times
Quote:
Our soul will live forever but immortality has nothing to do with eternal "life".
do you have a single bible verse to support that doctrine?, scripture says only God is immortal (1Tim. 6:16)

Genesis 3:22

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever

Adam was not immortal even in paradise, it seems as only the tree of life prevented him from dieing, after he sinned, God didn't want to preserve his immortality (in his wickedness).

Quote:
The "second death" is a permanent death which is separated from God forever and could there be any greater torment?
nobody beside God has life in himself, therefore nobody can exist forevermore seperated from God; and how can death be life?, either you're alive and exist or you're dead and don't exist.

If he [God] set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath; All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust. (Job 34:14.15)

However, none of the wicked will exist forevermore, but the wicked will cease to be wicked.

Terrible heresy to claim that evil and wickedness are everlasting in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity