Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Must all Christians belive in the Trinity?
A person can accurately be called a Christian even if they don't believe in the Trinity. 22 62.86%
For a person to be called a Christian they must believe in the Trinity, but they need not believe everything found in the Nicene Creed. 6 17.14%
For a person to be called a Christian they must believe--at least in substance--with everything in the Nicene Creed (including the Trinity!). 7 20.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,210,658 times

Advertisements

Katzpur- LDS Apostle John Widtsoe said, "Complete salvation, which is full and eternal life, results from man’s full endeavor to conform to the laws of life, the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is why we often say that men save themselves with the aid of the Lord."

"For we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do"- II Nephi 25:23

"To get salvation we must not only do some things, but everything which God has commanded" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 332)

Why do you call Jesus Savior if you have to do good works in order to be saved?

The Bible says "For by grace are ye saved, through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God—not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8-9)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 PM

27,870 posts, read 29,668,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Katzpur- LDS Apostle John Widtsoe said, "Complete salvation, which is full and eternal life, results from man’s full endeavor to conform to the laws of life, the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is why we often say that men save themselves with the aid of the Lord."

"For we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do"- II Nephi 25:23

"To get salvation we must not only do some things, but everything which God has commanded" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 332)

Why do you call Jesus Savior if you have to do good works in order to be saved?

The Bible says "For by grace are ye saved, through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God—not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8-9)
I'm sorry but I'm trying to figure out how any of this has to do with a belief in the Trinity as being required of Christians. I'm always happy to clear up misconceptions about my beliefs (and, trust me, there are many), but I really hate to hijack someone else's thread to do so. Would you be willing to start a new thread on the subject? I'm sure you know as well as I do that one off-topic post is going to lead to another and another and another. It really doesn't seem fair to DreamingSpires, who started this thread.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm sorry but I'm trying to figure out how any of this has to do with a belief in the Trinity as being required of Christians. I'm always happy to clear up misconceptions about my beliefs (and, trust me, there are many), but I really hate to hijack someone else's thread to do so. Would you be willing to start a new thread on the subject? I'm sure you know as well as I do that one off-topic post is going to lead to another and another and another. It really doesn't seem fair to DreamingSpires, who started this thread.
You are right. I apologize OP.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
You are right. I apologize OP.
Incidentally, for anyone who may be curious, CantWait2Leave DM'd me and asked that I respond to her via DM, which I did.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Incidentally, for anyone who may be curious, CantWait2Leave DM'd me and asked that I respond to her via DM, which I did.
Are you angry that I DM'd you? If you are, you can post everything that we talked about. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I just don't see why I would create a new thread to specifically ask you a question.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Are you angry that I DM'd you? If you are, you can post everything that we talked about. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I just don't see why I would create a new thread to specifically ask you a question.
I'm not angry at all. It's just that since this is an open forum, I thought I'd mention that the issue has been resolved. I kind of thought you'd be starting a new thread; that's all. I figured that if anyone else was looking for one, they'd know not to bother.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-28-2010 at 11:13 PM..

Old 06-29-2010, 12:00 AM

111 posts, read 178,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Must all Christians believe in the Trinity?

No.....but the Trinity will live in all True Christians, amen?
Amen.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:10 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,515,689 times
Default Trinity Not Even A Bible Doctrine Word

John 8:24----This discourages the trinity doctrine.

1 Timothy 6:3---This discourages theology words not in the bible.

2 Timothy 1:13---This discourages theology words not in the bible.

Jesus directly himself speaking boldly in John 8:24.

Anybody dividing his glory with somebody else being the Father is
blaspheme of the Godhead.

Jesus is Son with redemption to save lost souls.

He is Father in creation with no beginning and ending nor descendents
says Hebrews 7:3.

He is the Holy Spirit or the word of God called the bible---John 6:63.

Much like Christmas and Pentecostal not bible doctrine words.

Much like mass and eucharist not bible doctrine words.

Much like pope and benedict not bible doctrine words.

Much like reverend and nun not bible doctrine words.

Much like monk and Mormon not bible doctrine words.

Much like Lutheran and Evangelical not bible doctrine words.

Much like Methodist and Amish not bible doctrine words.

Much like Quaker and Puritan not bible doctrine words.

Much like apostle creed and suffragon bishop not bible doctrine phrases.

Much like parish and diocese not bible doctrine words.

Much like Catholic and reincarnation not bible doctrine words.

Much like purgitory and Apostolic not bible doctrine words.

Much like Father Jones not a bible doctrine title accepted--Matthew 23:9.

Much like Rabbi Amos not a bible doctrine title accepted---Matthew 23:7.

Much like the Jewish faith not a bible doctrine phrase in God--Ephes. 4:5.

Much like Full Gospel and United Pentecostal Church not.

Much like Seventh Day Adventist and Southern Baptist not.

Much like Missionary Baptist Church and Jehoviah Witness not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity