Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 02:50 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times

Advertisements

There are like eleventy billion threads here about futurists and preterists so I wonder, why one as opposed to the other is so important?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 02:55 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,470 times
Pre tribulational rapture view is the call for believers to be ready and be found abiding in Him.

Those other views, I'll let those that favour it, declare it.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:00 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Luke 12:38
It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night.

I'd say it's pretty important to believe what the Bible says about His future coming and to be watching.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:25 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
There are like eleventy billion threads here about futurists and preterists so I wonder, why one as opposed to the other is so important?
Because it's important not to be deceived by a lie.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:36 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Funny isn't it?

Futurists await the coming of salvation.

While preterists admit salvation is come.

So in my mind if you are waiting for something you are not taking full advantage on what is here now. Your focus is on the future rather than the present.

In the grand scheme of things I guess it really doesn't matter. But boy is it fun to see how you can present scripture that supports your case, or so you think.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:40 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Funny isn't it?

Futurists await the coming of salvation.

While preterists admit salvation is come.

So in my mind if you are waiting for something you are not taking full advantage on what is here now. Your focus is on the future rather than the present.

In the grand scheme of things I guess it really doesn't matter. But boy is it fun to see how you can present scripture that supports your case, or so you think.
I'm not waiting for salvation, I got that the moment I asked Jesus to be my Savior and forgive me of my sins, what I am waiting for is to see Him face to face.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:55 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
To see - ὀπτάνομαι , is used to mean to perceive with heart and mind

Old 12-12-2009, 07:19 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I'm not waiting for salvation, I got that the moment I asked Jesus to be my Savior and forgive me of my sins, what I am waiting for is to see Him face to face.
1 Peter 1:3-5 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Salvation is not theirs yet obviously.

Romans 13:11
And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

They hope for salvation but it is not theirs yet.

Rev. 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

So you see that salvation comes in the last day.. the end of the age.

Unless you believe the second coming is past.. then you still hope for salvation as the disciples did.

Romans 8:23-24 only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?

Old 12-13-2009, 06:04 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Yes Jesus is asking us to have faith in his words and the second coming of Jesus christ Jesus said`` Behold, I Come Quickly, and my reward is with me`` Revelation 22:12 Jesus is asking us to believe and relief is there, in the troubling and good times, these are words of hope. You can lose you home, your car, your job, your friends, war can break out in your nation, and you can believe in you heart that this is only my temporal life and Jesus has overcome the world and Jesus is coming soon. Jesus is asking us to have faith and teach others that He is coming soon.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:23 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes Jesus is asking us to have faith in his words and the second coming of Jesus christ Jesus said`` Behold, I Come Quickly, and my reward is with me`` Revelation 22:12 Jesus is asking us to believe and relief is there, in the troubling and good times, these are words of hope. You can lose you home, your car, your job, your friends, war can break out in your nation, and you can believe in you heart that this is only my temporal life and Jesus has overcome the world and Jesus is coming soon. Jesus is asking us to have faith and teach others that He is coming soon.
Yes, Amen!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity