Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,725,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I don't believe in "second chances" either. Salvation is not by chance! We both know this (we're both Calvinist's, remember?) so let's not use the word chance...LOL I believe that God calls and saves! I don't claim it to be on this side or that side. I claim God will do what He says.
Exactly ... What does chance have to do with salvation? Do we save ourselves or did Christ death and resurrection save us? If you believe that we must believe in this life to be saved, then where does our power to believe come from? Where does our faith come from? Does the power of our faith to believe come from our carnal sinful nature? Then why does the bible tell us that the carnal nature is incapable of believeing, but accounts the things of God as foolishness? This is where the fundamentalist concepts of salvation contradict themselves and the Gospel of salvation by grace, and where those who hold to the fundamentalist doctrine of salvation in their hearts boast of having saved themselves by their own intelligence/wisdom and works, as well as condemn those who do not believe for their stupidity or for the fact that they were or are duped and deceived into believing whatever it is that they believe that is not the Christian faith because of the circumstances which surround them in their lives and say to themselves(Christians say to themselves) and announce to others that those who are not Christian regardless of how they live their lives deserve eternal damnation.

This is simply misanthropic theocratic fascism ... Dont be a misanthrope, God is not a misanthrope or a fascist.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-14-2009 at 04:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,408,923 times
Ironmaw Alabama,

Maybe we should phrase it better...eternal life does not exist for those post mortem that weren't reborn in their mortal life as men.....Salvation is indeed not by chance, and was predordained by God Himself to come into the flesh as Jesus Christ, but denying that very gift in the mortal life of man, is by no means granted eternal life post mortem.

Salavtion is for mankind, and what happens after mankind ceases in life, the Adamic state, is what he is recieves from that very salvation and given eternal life. The opposite of eternal life, is eternal death, and the scripture teaches that not as good news for those that reject it, but the good news is that gospel gives eternal life to those who enter into that covenant with Christ.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Ironmaw Alabama,

Maybe we should phrase it better...eternal life does not exist for those post mortem that weren't reborn in their mortal life as men.....Salvation is indeed not by chance, and was predordained by God Himself to come into the flesh as Jesus Christ, but denying that very gift in the mortal life of man, is by no means granted eternal life post mortem.
At least according to your interpretation of the scriptures. That is obviously not how i interpret them. A carnal man whose degenerate sinful nature is not renewed and quickened by the spirit cannot receive salvation. They don't have the power to believe, that is why only as many as are chosen will believe in this life, because the spirit is at work within them/us to make them/us will and do Gods good pleasure. AS i understand it, when you begin to understand the deeper mysteries of the plan of God in the ages for his creation then you begin to discern the use of anthopopathic language within the scriptures which are necessary to begin the process of transformation in the degenerate minds of human beings in order to eventually conform them to the mind of Christ. It is necessary to start the process of renewal, but does not represent the actual truistic reality of God which can only be discerned by the spiritually wise. As we mature in the spirit we are to put away childish things and come to a complete understanding of the goodness of God which is towards all his creation.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-14-2009 at 05:07 PM..

Old 12-14-2009, 04:59 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,189,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Concerning the OP, and what i have read here by some of the posters, i have to wonder, if you do not believe Christ is God, then what do you believe concerning the virgin birth? Do you believe Jesus was the natural son of Joseph or perhaps that he was just an illegitimate son of an unknown man? And if you believe he was not God, then how was he able to live in the world his whole life without sinning?
The same way we can....by walking in the Spirit.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post

Impossible. Then you become God, and that, my friend, will never be.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
A carnal man whose degenerate sinful nature is not renewed and quickened by the spirit cannot receive salvation.
I think I am about to pass out.....we agree!

Old 12-14-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Impossible. Then you become God, and that, my friend, will never be.
Huh?? Are we not called to be perfect, as The Father is perfect and be ONE with GOD?? How do you think that happens if one is not walking in the Spirit? How does becoming ONE with God make one GOD?

Old 12-14-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
So you say that you never sin present tense now? Or that you know someone who never sins? Certainly you cannot say you never sinned. And the fact is no man besides Christ lived their whole life without ever having sinned, and in my opinion ever achieve a state of living completely without sin.

Also, you didnt answer my question about the immaculate conception.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-14-2009 at 05:36 PM..

Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,434,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Oneness and the Trinity...Can anyone explain the differences for me? I saw this addressed by Walter Martin (Thanks alan..) and while listening I could not distinguish the difference.. it seems the same to me.

Please help!
There is no one.

History has shown that you're not interested in the truth but only to reaffirm your disbelief.

Last edited by twin.spin; 12-14-2009 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
So you say that you never sin present tense now? Or that you know someone who never sins? Certainly you cannot say you never sinned. And the fact is no man besides Christ lived their whole live without ever having sinned, and in my opinion ever achieve a state of living completely without sin.

Also, you didnt answer my question about the immaculate conception.
I never said Christy, me in my flesh, never sins....we are all sinners. What I said was that Christ lives in me and I live through him....I walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. There is now no condemnation for those that are IN CHRIST.

I believe Jesus was the natural son of Joseph, set apart by God, and became The Christ when he was anointed by the Spirit at his baptism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity