Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:56 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,404,049 times

Advertisements

Christy,

Because it is a fact. Everyone here has tirelessly confronted those who disagree with the very scriptures that teaches what Christ is. Because the blindness is in part on your eyes, doesn't make your case right. What it does do, is through our tireless efforts, has most likely brought many people to the faith and belief that Christ is God. That may be the purpose for your blindness, as it was for the Jews too. Lean on God, get on your knees, and ask Him to show you, not us....we have done our part, not its your turn to do yours......ask Him. Stop argueing with us, it won't get you anywhere. We have already been quickened.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 12-14-2009 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 12-14-2009, 05:57 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,185,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I believe that when John said the Word was made flesh, he was saying that the Spirit was a part of Him. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, so that's one point. He said "You wanna see my Daddy? Look at Me." That's another point.

There are issues about Him being conformed into what He became - learning obedience by the things He suffered - that tell us He was man. All I know is that He is now seated at the right hand of the Father, and the elders worship both the Father and His son.
So you see the Father and the Son as apart from us? I don't see them that way at all....they dwell in us.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,922,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I didn't ask for man's doctrine on the issue.....I asked for scripture. It's been stated many times on these threads, by various people, that one has to believe Jesus is God in order to be a Christian (Christ Follower).

Please provide scripture for this issue.
Here are the scriptures, for me anyway, that removed all doubt concerning the Son of God being Jehovah:

Rom 10:13 for every one--whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.'
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call upon him in whom they did not believe? and how shall they believe on him of whom they did not hear? and how shall they hear apart from one preaching?
Rom 10:15 and how shall they preach, if they may not be sent? according as it hath been written, `How beautiful the feet of those proclaiming good tidings of peace, of those proclaiming good tidings of the good things!'

Jesus is the central theme of the Good Tidings, the Gospel. Jesus is the one we are to call upon:

1Co 1:2 to the assembly of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all those calling upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place--both theirs and ours:

Jesus' divine name that we call upon is Jehovah:

Joe 2:32 For it shall be, all who shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be saved. For salvation shall be in Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, as Jehovah has said, and among the survivors whom Jehovah shall call.

For me, that sealed the deal.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Here are the scriptures, for me anyway, that removed all doubt concerning the Son of God being Jehovah:

Rom 10:13 for every one--whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.'
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call upon him in whom they did not believe? and how shall they believe on him of whom they did not hear? and how shall they hear apart from one preaching?
Rom 10:15 and how shall they preach, if they may not be sent? according as it hath been written, `How beautiful the feet of those proclaiming good tidings of peace, of those proclaiming good tidings of the good things!'

Jesus is the central theme of the Good Tidings, the Gospel. Jesus is the one we are to call upon:

1Co 1:2 to the assembly of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all those calling upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place--both theirs and ours:

Jesus' divine name that we call upon is Jehovah:

Joe 2:32 For it shall be, all who shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be saved. For salvation shall be in Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, as Jehovah has said, and among the survivors whom Jehovah shall call.

For me, that sealed the deal.
I think you are misunderstanding me. I don't have issues with Jesus being the means by which God has given us salvation.... I have issues with some saying we are not Christians because we don't believe Jesus is God Himself.

What I asked for was specific scripture where this particular criteria is stated as such for me to be considered a Christian (Christ Follower). If one is going to make such a bold statement...surely there is some scripture to back it up.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:44 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,404,049 times
Christy,

Christ follower is not a Christ believer.

Get on your knees and ask God for this revelation.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:52 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,859,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks
You can't be Christian, unless you really believe in His deity, that is what separates Christianity from all the other religions that acknowledge His prophetic nature....like Islam and Judaism, they recognize Jesus, even agree with some or most of His teachings, but they don't regard Him as Deity. This is where the line is drawn. Just like the JW, are not a part of the church, the Christian church, whether they think they are or not, they aren't. Believing in His divinity is what makes us "Christians".

I have seen this remark made on several threads...that one has to believe Jesus is GOD to be a Christian.

I would like anyone to please provide just one scripture that says I, or anyone else for that matter, has to believe Jesus is God in order to be considered a Christian (Christ Follower).....just one.

John 8:24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Read the whole chapter in context. Jesus is not only stating that He is God, but the consequences for not believing that He is God.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Christy,

Christ follower is not a Christ believer.

Get on your knees and ask God for this revelation.
I do believe in Christ...now what?

Old 12-14-2009, 07:00 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,081,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This is an essential doctrine of Christianity...I have seen it placed in the first order and the second order but it remains one of the essentials.

The scripture is found in all of 1 John, not that Jesus is God that is all over the bible but that we better have the right understanding of who Jesus is because if we don't have the Son rightly then we don't have the Father.
Fundy who cares less what the doctrines of christianity are .

9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."[e] 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."[f]

So how does your essential christian doctrine fit into this verse ?

Old 12-14-2009, 07:01 PM

595 posts, read 758,487 times
Chris. I was reading this scripture this morning and then the Holy Spirit gave me a second scripture to confirm the first scripture.
1Timothy 6: 11But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.
Revelation 19: 11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, (Jesus)and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Psalm 46:7 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."
Matthew 1:23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" [ Isaiah 7:14] —which means, "God with us."
Colossians 2:9
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

Isaiah 8: 8 and sweep on into Judah, swirling over it,
passing through it and reaching up to the neck.
Its outspread wings will cover the breadth of your land,
O Immanuel !"

9 Raise the war cry, you nations, and be shattered!
Listen, all you distant lands.
Prepare for battle, and be shattered!
Prepare for battle, and be shattered! 10 Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted;
propose your plan, but it will not stand,
for God is with us.
It is sometimes hard to believe God would come down off His throne to willingly die as a human for his people. That is love and the mystery of Jesus Christ that has been revealed to those who believe. ALL the fullness of the Deity dwells in Christ and you have been given fullness in Christ. The reason why Jesus never put himself as the Father was for our benefit. He is the Perfect example of how we should treat God. His mission was to save the lost.
Whether you have to believe to be saved? God will tell you by his Word.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:02 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,859,973 times
Isaiah 41:Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 48:14Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last

Revelation 22:12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. 18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

May God cause the increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity