U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 01:54 AM

5,295 posts, read 4,945,799 times

Advertisements

deleted will repost

Last edited by sciotamicks; 12-19-2009 at 01:58 AM.. Reason: deleted will repost

Old 12-19-2009, 01:54 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,519,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Heart For God View Post
Beloved of the Lord,
I agree with you whole heartedly that we will never be like the Father, for He alone is the omnipotant, and to Him all glory and honor is His and His alone, and every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord at the consumation of the ages. And, as the Son, we are filled up to all the FULLNESS of GOD through the power of the Spirit as we walk in agape Love in the obedience of our wills to the will of the Father (Eph 3:14-21 cf Jn 4:34; 5:19,30; 6:38; 8:28,29;12:49;14:10). In that way we will be Christ-like.. in that way we will "Be Ye Holy in all your behavior, for I am Holy"; but not until the Son returns to transform us into His total likeness will we be fully free from all sin. Hallelujah and praise and glory to the Lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world for our sins! Thank you for sharing your insights and thoughts brother!

For all of us, these discussions should always conclude in growth and praise for the teaching of the Spirit in our hearts; for each of us with unveiled face we behold as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit. Until then, we all should be mindful of our brothers and not cause them to stumble, for that will be our shame, not theirs (principle of walking in love - Rom 14:1,13,19 cf 1 Tim 1:5)
I concur

Old 12-19-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
SPM2,

Put me on ignore if you can't handle it...this is fact...believe that Christ is not deity, then you aren't Christian. My ego is nothing, I just speak the truth behind the word of God, and it appears you can't handle being told the truth, so ignore me. Simple as that. That is your choice. This is a message board, and we have the freedom to ignore people. So do it. But it appears that the message we deists strike deep into your hearts, and there is reason for that...it's called the Holy Spirit.
My friend you seem to be the one that gets bent out of shape because other disagree with you. If you do not like to be disagreed with then perhaps you should use the ignore. This is a mesasage board, and we have the freedom to disagree. It seems you are the one that can`t handle the truth. But I understand. The darkness flees from the light.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Scio..you need to take a step back and check your ego at the door. Once again you need to realize that noone left and made scio the all wise and knowing created being of humanity. Ok..now that we got your ego in check (remember what the bible says about pride),I don`t think this pricks anyone more than any other thread on here. This is just the title of the thread. So of course all of the discussion will be about Christ`s deity..LOL
Ok I will bit...no ego here SPM2...just proclaiming that Christ is God...the Word of God is littered with this subject....but it takes reveled eyes to see...the very reason for parables...so that the circumcised heart will understand.

Quote:
If you would like to discuss something else then start a new thread.
Sorry, but I started this thread, so guess what? It is my thread ans subject top begin with. It was a mere thread mainly for Kat and I, but a lot of New Age junk fell into it...next time..I will post rules to begin with, and have them approved by the mods...and they will be monitored...how a real debate should carry on. But many here have never even experienced that, so rules must apply.

Quote:
You are trying so hard to believe differently because that is what you have been taught.
I have been taught nothing but what is in the Word of God. I am blessed to have been revealed the issue of Deity with Christ so early in my walk. Keep you "organized" re;igion for someone else...I am far from it....remember I am a Full Preterist...a heretic.

Quote:
If someone who had never been indoctrinated with the teachings of organized religion picked up a bible and read it,they would not believe that Jesus and the Father are the same being.
I beg to differ...there are hundreds of scripture that denotes this very same thing...yes the Father and Christ are two different natures of GOD.
One GOD...Monotheistic. The only reason why there are three is for mankind to grasp. What is so difficult here? God regenerates those into the faith for HIS GLORY AND HIS GLORY ONLY. If there is no need for that person in HIS GLORY, then guess what? No entrance. That's it. End.

Quote:
They would not believe when someone says his Father is greater than he,that he is the same person.
Scripture check...Christ and the Father are one...guess what? ONE - MONO.

Quote:
I was part of man`s teachings and organized religion for over 40 years. I once believed as you do. I finally received revelation. You just haven`t gotten there yet.
You have no idea where I came from and where I am going, so leave that alone. All I say is that if you believe that Christ is not Deity, you are not Christian. That's it. This is what scripture teaches to be part of the church. Submit and worship Him, or stand outside of the gates. Sorry if that hurts.

Quote:
No need to put others down like that when they are showing a willingness to listen but still don`t believe as you do.
LOL...these non-desists don't listen...they argue a premise that doesn't exist....ask any atheist or agnostic...I have...ask them...would they consider a Christian someone who believes that Christ is not God?..they will laugh at you as they did me. It's people that want to be in "Christ Consciousness", distort the word of God, make up their own rules, add to the scripture, that get on my nerves, and guess what, if they are getting on mine, they are really getting on Jesus Christ's nerves. They spit on the cross IMO.

Like I said before, Christ is deity, the scriptures preach it, the Holy Spirit confirms it, and God the Father demands Him for worship. Don't do this, you stand outside of the gates. Period.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:18 AM

Quote:
My friend you seem to be the one that gets bent out of shape because other disagree with you. If you do not like to be disagreed with then perhaps you should use the ignore. This is a mesasage board, and we have the freedom to disagree. It seems you are the one that can`t handle the truth. But I understand. The darkness flees from the light.
I can say the exact same thing about you and all the non-deists.
Pot calling the kettle black. This is a debate board...deal with it.
A Christian board too...the sole reason why there is what there is because it is filled with New Age Christ Consciousness twisted scripture non deists.

I am here, with the rest of the Christians here, to correct it.
Do you think I just happened here by chance?

I was invited.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
I can say the exact same thing about you and all the non-deists.
Pot calling the kettle black. This is a debate board...deal with it.
A Christian board too...the sole reason why there is what there is because it is filled with New Age Christ Consciousness twisted scripture non deists.

I am here, with the rest of the Christians here, to correct it.
Do you think I just happened here by chance?

I was invited.
I`m glad you are here,perhaps you will learn something. So welcome but please come with a loving spirit and leave the attitude and pride at the door, or you will never get anywhere,learn anything,or have anyone trust and believe what you are saying. You will do nothing but defeat your own purpose. Just a little advice.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
If the Father is not a soul or does not have a soul than please explain Matthew 12:18 "Behold my servant, who have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased; I will put my spirit upon Him, and He shall show judgement to the Gentiles".

Does God Have a Soul? | Learn The Bible
Quote:
Beloved, God the Father is spirit. He is not a soul like created beings. A soul can perish. A soul can die. God cannot die. He cannot perish.
Jesus died,he had a soul. The Father is not a soul.
Notice I said the Father is not A soul! The context we are discussing the word soul is how it relates to Jesus and Jesus being the Father. We were discussing God the Father being Jesus.
In that sense the Father is not A soul. Jesus is A soul.
The greek word for soul which you posted is a feminine noun that means the part of a being that is not dissolved by death. Word # 5590 in the greek concordance.

As opposed to the word soul in Gen. 2:7 which means a living being where there is life in the blood.
He breathed into man the breath of life and man became a living soul. A living soul is what man became.
word#5315
If you look these two words up in the concordance you will see that these words have different meanings. They are similiar words but different meanings.

But we know that God is spirit,he is not a man.
The soul can die. God cannot die. So if God is a soul, in that sense,than that means he can die.
The soul`s life is in the blood. But again, God is spirit,not flesh and blood.
The word soul in matthew and the word soul in Gen have different meanings.
That is what I mean when I say that the Father is not A soul.
He cannot die. Jesus died, Jesus was a soul
My point is, they are not the same being. One is a soul,one is not.

Now the word soul in the verse you gave above deals with the seat of feelings in a being. In that sense we all have feelings. But the topic is dealing with Jesus being the Father and Father being Jesus.
I submit that Jesus is not the Father because he is a soul and he died. The Father is not a soul and cannot die.

Last edited by spm62; 12-19-2009 at 03:05 AM..

Old 12-19-2009, 03:15 AM

3,225 posts, read 156,732 times
Quote:

Sorry, but I started this thread, so guess what? It is my thread ans subject top begin with. It was a mere thread mainly for Kat and I,

Ahh umm ...... Christy started this thread .......

Old 12-19-2009, 03:17 AM

1,468 posts, read 1,729,742 times
Quote:
I`m glad you are here,perhaps you will learn something. So welcome but please come with a loving spirit and leave the attitude and pride at the door, or you will never get anywhere,learn anything,or have anyone trust and believe what you are saying. You will do nothing but defeat your own purpose. Just a little advice.
Your criteria for whether one is "prideful" appears to be whether or not one espouses ideas with which you happen to agree.

This is not what the word means.

A word of advice: if you want others to adhere to a certain standard of behavior and be able to express that desire with any credibilty, you need to "lead by example" and model that standard of behavior yourself.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Scripture check...Christ and the Father are one...guess what? ONE - MONO.
Does Jesus tell the disciples to be one as he and the Father are one?
Are peter,james,john,matthew,etc. the same person?
You have to look at all of scripture scio. You can`t pluck one verse and then make it mean what you want it to mean. That`s christianity 101.
I hope that clears it up for you. What other scripture do you need help with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity