U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-16-2009, 08:24 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 11,130,411 times
Reputation: 987

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That is not obvious at all, my leg is me, and my arm is me, and my head is me. But i am not only my arm or my leg or my head.

And John didn't say the word was toward God, he said the word WAS God ...

And Jesus became a little lower than the angels when he was born as a man. Before he became lower than the angels he was higher than them as he was deity.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. "

And He is saying to them, "Whose is this image and the inscription? They are saying, "Caesar's.Then He is saying to them, "Be paying, then, Caesar's to Caesar, and God's to God."
(Matthew 22:20-21 CLV)

Was that image literally Caesar?

2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this eon blinds the apprehensions of the unbelieving so that the illumination of the evangel of the glory of Christ, Who is the Image of the invisible God, does not irradiate them."

Christ is like the image on the coin. That image REPRESENTS God but it can't be the very One it represents.

Your arm, legs etc and the image on a coin is comparing apples to aardvarks.

 
Old 12-16-2009, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,430 posts, read 7,751,748 times
Reputation: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
They understood God when He said.. "I am he." as in the "I AM".
Can you prove this statement?

The Jews don't speak the name of God and it is not "I AM" or I AM who I will be"...

Can you prove that the Jews KNEW he was referring to the I AM in Exodus 3:14?
 
Old 12-16-2009, 09:35 AM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,405 posts, read 1,990,668 times
Reputation: 629
He Himself says in Mark 2:5-10 when His power to forgive sins was questioned, because that was recognized as a Divine power, "But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins."
 
Old 12-16-2009, 09:43 AM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,405 posts, read 1,990,668 times
Reputation: 629
Jesus is a diety, and if you do not believe that he is begotten, brought forth from the father, and is the natuare and essence of God the Father, than the New Testament is moot, and the message of the Cross completely loses it's meaning . . . . Jesus, came down from heaven, and took on humanity for us . . .

Another indicator of how Jesus perceived himself is in His use of Old Testament Scripture and the way He made His own proclamations of truth. In a number of cases, Jesus began a sentence with "You have heard that it was said, . . . but I say to you. . . ." (Matt. 5:21-22, 27-28). Jesus was giving His words the same authority as the Scriptures. Even the prophets, when speaking for God, would begin their statements with: "The word of the Lord came to me," but Jesus begins with: "I say to you."
 
Old 12-16-2009, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Florida
564 posts, read 590,410 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Christy,

Christ follower is not a Christ believer.

Get on your knees and ask God for this revelation.
Praise God!
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Florida
564 posts, read 590,410 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is not my argument . I am saying to Fundy the scriptures are for whosoever and not just for the believer in them , the Ethiopian Eunuch was an whosoever just like myself, and just like myself came to faith through the scriptures revealed by the Holy Spirit.
God's Word is for all those knocking at the door and seeking Him. Even when we do not know we are seeking Him. I too, can testify of God working his power in his word by the Holy Spirit. I did not know Jesus until I read the Word. And the more I asked for God's grace concerning the wisdom of the scriptures, I was surely a very dumb sheep. And still there not even a thousand of my lifetimes will I know all of God. And praise God the desire to know him is even more than when I first began. I knew of Jesus, but I did not know Him. I even repented for my sins, not even knowing Him. God saves and works in wonderous miraculous ways we cannot concieve. I can testify God is written on every man's heart.
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
27,736 posts, read 43,569,103 times
Reputation: 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. "

And He is saying to them, "Whose is this image and the inscription? They are saying, "Caesar's.Then He is saying to them, "Be paying, then, Caesar's to Caesar, and God's to God."
(Matthew 22:20-21 CLV)

Was that image literally Caesar?

2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this eon blinds the apprehensions of the unbelieving so that the illumination of the evangel of the glory of Christ, Who is the Image of the invisible God, does not irradiate them."

Christ is like the image on the coin. That image REPRESENTS God but it can't be the very One it represents.

Your arm, legs etc and the image on a coin is comparing apples to aardvarks.
Good point!

I would only add, keep in mind that the image stamped into a coin was a clear violation of the Second Commandment. Jesus knew it, the disciples knew it, "Whose image"? when images were un-lawful.

The coin could never have been godly, it was a forbidden thing.

 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
27,736 posts, read 43,569,103 times
Reputation: 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
He Himself says in Mark 2:5-10 when His power to forgive sins was questioned, because that was recognized as a Divine power, "But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins."
Whether the people thought, in their minds, that forgiving sins was 'divine'; has no bearing on truth.
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
27,736 posts, read 43,569,103 times
Reputation: 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Jesus is a diety, and if you do not believe that he is begotten, brought forth from the father, and is the natuare and essence of God the Father, than the New Testament is moot, and the message of the Cross completely loses it's meaning . . . . Jesus, came down from heaven, and took on humanity for us . . .

Another indicator of how Jesus perceived himself is in His use of Old Testament Scripture and the way He made His own proclamations of truth. In a number of cases, Jesus began a sentence with "You have heard that it was said, . . . but I say to you. . . ." (Matt. 5:21-22, 27-28). Jesus was giving His words the same authority as the Scriptures. Even the prophets, when speaking for God, would begin their statements with: "The word of the Lord came to me," but Jesus begins with: "I say to you."
Following another Jesus is bad.

I will pray for you.
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:17 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 11,808,834 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Whether the people thought, in their minds, that forgiving sins was 'divine'; has no bearing on truth.
It's in the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top