U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:58 AM

1,468 posts, read 1,729,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Interesting. Your responses seem more demonic than ours since they mock Jesus's message of love that Christy and I promote.
You've responded exactly as I thought you would....thanks for the confirmation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You misunderstood that statement. Believing that the bible is more sacred than the human soul is demeaning to oneself. The bible was written as a guide for people who needed it. It is not meant to be adhered to throughout eternity. Souls have to progress in order to become At-One with God. If the bible is the only book that a person adheres to, that soul cannot progress past that book. Everything else will just fly right over their heads.
Divine Love is in your bible. Loving God and each other is also in your bible. What is wrong with me believing in those things if they are also in your book? Nothing. I believe in Divine Love, One God and Loving that one God and each other. Everything else, to me, is just extra and doesn't need to be in our lives. They just mess things up and a person who is not literate or a person who is not all there with their minds cannot understand all the dogma related to being a bible believer. In my beliefs, they can all understand Love. It's the only thing that matters.
If all I had in this world is Divine Love, I could enter the Kingdom of God. I don't need the rest of the bible bs to enter into that Kingdom. The gate is narrow and the entry is with Divine love. In no other way can one enter into that Kingdom.
Nothing you have written above supports your claim that I misunderstood your statement--on the contrary, I think I understood it all too well.

With that said, I think you and I are a case of "East is East and West is West and the Twain shall never meet." Our theological views are in many crucial ways entirely irreconcilable.

In all likelihood I will continue to post information about the New Age movement that I think is of interest to orthodox, traditional Christians. I have never asked you to comment on them, nor will I ever do so.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:02 AM

34,473 posts, read 22,115,538 times
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
Interesting. Your responses seem more demonic than ours since they mock Jesus's message of love that Christy and I promote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
You've responded exactly as I thought you would....thanks for the confirmation.
Glad you agree . . . you are welcome.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 12-18-2009 at 12:16 PM..

Old 12-18-2009, 11:10 AM

4,325 posts, read 4,810,744 times
Quote:
Nothing you have written above supports your claim that I misunderstood your statement--on the contrary, I think I understood it all too well.

With that said, I think you and I are a case of "East is East and West is West and the Twain shall never meet." Our theological views are in many crucial ways entirely irreconcilable.

In all likelihood I will continue to post information about the New Age movement that I think is of interest to orthodox, traditional Christians. I have never asked you to comment on them, nor will I ever do so.
So be it.

It's funny. Everything that I believe is in your very own bible yet I am the one who is wrong. You even state that the bible is the word of God. So, if Divine Love, loving God and each other and that there is only one God is what is in your bible and is also what I am being taught, how in the world do you expect me to give something up and follow you when you are confused about your own beliefs. I think you are the one who needs to reread the bible and find the True message of big brother Jesus.

Been nice chatting with ya. Have a great Christmas season!

Old 12-18-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
So be it.

It's funny. Everything that I believe is in your very own bible yet I am the one who is wrong. You even state that the bible is the word of God. So, if Divine Love, loving God and each other and that there is only one God is what is in your bible and is also what I am being taught, how in the world do you expect me to give something up and follow you when you are confused about your own beliefs. I think you are the one who needs to reread the bible and find the True message of big brother Jesus.

Been nice chatting with ya. Have a great Christmas season!
Reverend1111,

"Channeling" is in the Bible ONLY insofar as it is one of the occult practices FORBIDDEN by the Creator.

There is no "confusion" in my mind over this, or anything else in the Bible for that matter.

Best wishes

Last edited by DreamingSpires; 12-18-2009 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 12-18-2009, 11:41 AM

4,325 posts, read 4,810,744 times
Quote:
Reverend1111,

"Channeling" is in the Bible ONLY insofar as it is one of the occult practices FORBIDDEN by the Creator.

There is no "confusion" in my mind over this, or anything else in the Bible for that matter.

Best wishes
You really need to go back and study the history of channeling. It's forbidden by man and not God. Man wrote the bible, not God. Some things are inspired but only some things. If God had not intened for us to communicate with the spirit world, He would not have made it possible. Mankind has been doing it since the dawn of man. Only men who live in fear will tell you it's forbidden by God. It's in our makeup to channel and, as a matter of fact, Jesus channeled, talked to the angels and God. Might wanna rethink your opinions. If it were wrong, Jesus would not have done it. Remember Him actually talking to a spirit? It's in your bible. Remember when the apostles saw the figure? That's mediumship, silly! It doesn't matter if it's through sight, sound or thought. It's mediumship. The bible is channeled but you won't believe that cause it's so twisted, no one can make honest heads or tails of it. No wonder all you bible readers squabble over it so much. None of you can get common ground over it. I've yet to see two or three people agree on the exact same things. It's funny, there are other Divine Love Christians on this board and none of us disagree on any part of our beliefs. hmmm. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
You really need to go back and study the history of channeling. It's forbidden by man and not God. Man wrote the bible, not God. Some things are inspired but only some things. If God had not intened for us to communicate with the spirit world, He would not have made it possible. Mankind has been doing it since the dawn of man. Only men who live in fear will tell you it's forbidden by God. It's in our makeup to channel and, as a matter of fact, Jesus channeled, talked to the angels and God. Might wanna rethink your opinions. If it were wrong, Jesus would not have done it. Remember Him actually talking to a spirit? It's in your bible. Remember when the apostles saw the figure? That's mediumship, silly! It doesn't matter if it's through sight, sound or thought. It's mediumship. The bible is channeled but you won't believe that cause it's so twisted, no one can make honest heads or tails of it. No wonder all you bible readers squabble over it so much. None of you can get common ground over it. I've yet to see two or three people agree on the exact same things. It's funny, there are other Divine Love Christians on this board and none of us disagree on any part of our beliefs. hmmm. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it.
Man wrote the bible, not God.

You are on a Christian discussion forum, so it should not surprise you to find that I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, not a "mere book."

If God had not intened for us to communicate with the spirit world, He would not have made it possible.

This is absurd.

Let's follow your argument to its logical end.

"If God had not intened for us to _________, He would not have made it possible."

Fill in the blank with the word "murder."

None of you can get common ground over it. I've yet to see two or three people agree on the exact same things.

Then you have never met a group of orthodox Catholics.

It's funny, there are other Divine Love Christians on this board and none of us disagree on any part of our beliefs. hmmm. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it

No, it does not make me wonder -- it makes me sad.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Man wrote the bible, not God.

You are on a Christian discussion forum, so it should not surprise you to find that I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, not a "mere book."
That seems to be the part you have trouble with . . . it is inspired NOT DICTATED . . . hence the need for interpretation within the cultural mindset and existing knowledge and expectations of the original recipients. The inspirations were NOT rendered as they would be (and are) as if received by modern day minds.
Quote:
It's funny, there are other Divine Love Christians on this board and none of us disagree on any part of our beliefs. hmmm. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it
Quote:

No, it does not make me wonder -- it makes me sad.
Odd . . that such a beautiful message consistent with Jesus's message of love would make you sad and believe that those expressing such love would be damned and condemned to eternal torture and hellfire because they don't believe the traditional "precepts and doctrines of men" that promote fear of our God and damnation. Which point of view do you think an objective observer would see as corrupt?

Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 PM

[quote=MysticPhD;12082890]. . that such a beautiful message consistent with Jesus's message of love would make you sad and believe that those expressing such love would be damned and condemned to eternal torture and hellfire because they don't believe the traditional "precepts and doctrines of men" that promote fear of our God and damnation. Which point of view do you think an objective observer would see as corrupt?[/quote]

I don't know whose "point of view" you are describing but it isn't mine.

I told Reverend1111 that I found her description "sad."

I did NOT say that "those expressing" those views would be "damned and condemned to eternal torture and hellfire" because of what they believe, nor did I imply it. In other words, your INTERPRETATION is fatally flawed.

If you keep putting words into my mouth like this I will no longer be able to respond to your posts.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:58 PM

[quote=DreamingSpires;12083051]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
. . that such a beautiful message consistent with Jesus's message of love would make you sad and believe that those expressing such love would be damned and condemned to eternal torture and hellfire because they don't believe the traditional "precepts and doctrines of men" that promote fear of our God and damnation. Which point of view do you think an objective observer would see as corrupt?[/quote]

I don't know whose "point of view" you are describing but it isn't mine.

I told Reverend1111 that I found her description "sad."

I did NOT say that "those expressing" those views would be "damned and condemned to eternal torture and hellfire" because of what they believe, nor did I imply it. In other words, your INTERPRETATION is fatally flawed.

If you keep putting words into my mouth like this I will no longer be able to respond to your posts.
Since her message of love is virtually the same one Christy and I have been presenting . . . you'll have to forgive me for assuming that your reference to our "demonic" responses placed such views in among those of the demons (and you know what their fate is, right?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity