Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 05:16 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
So you believe that Christ had nothing to do with the destruction of the temple and city in 70 AD?
Other than telling them of it . . . right . . . He had nothing to do with it. The Romans did. It is the same primitive thinking and silliness that blames God for Jesus's death. Because prophets were inspired to tell of it, because God knew of it, and because Jesus knew of it . . . it was God's fault! Nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 05:24 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Other than telling them of it . . . right . . . He had nothing to do with it. The Romans did. It is the same primitive thinking and silliness that blames God for Jesus's death. Because prophets were inspired to tell of it, because God knew of it, and because Jesus knew of it . . . it was God's fault! Nonsense.
Then what does Rev 18:23 mean to you?

Old 12-20-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
What the Westminster faith and so many others have done is ignore and rationalize with corrupt superstition the clear and unambiguous example of God's TRUE NATURE as reveled by Jesus. "War" in defense of Christ's honor is NOT being true to that example . . . or Jesus would have smote those who were scourging and crucifying Him directly. Love is more than just wonderful . . . God is love and Jesus proved it unambiguously! "Love for God and each other" is the CORE of Christianity.
So what about what Christ said here:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Explain that Mystic.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Then what does Rev 18:23 mean to you?
You tell me. I will not debate prophesy with you. Prophesy involves "knowing" what will happen . . . NOT having responsibility for it, sciota. We have free will AND Dominion by God's will . . . but God does have omniscience . . . regardless what stupid things He knows we will do or will have happen to us.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
So what about what Christ said here:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Explain that Mystic.
Jesus knew that His message was completely counter to the dominant beliefs and religion of those who held worldy power in the name of God. He also knew what that would mean when He began spreading His version of "love God and each other" conveying a contradictory nature of God to the dictatorial and totalitarian God in vogue among the Jews. His "sword" was not a physical one . . . but the words He brought to us that He knew would be divisive and pit many of us against each other despite His plea for the opposite. Just as He knew what the ignorant savages would do to Him. I repeat . . "knowing" about it does not mean wanting it.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:59 PM

Mystic,

So you think Paul and the disciples were savages?

Old 12-20-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Mystic,
So you think Paul and the disciples were savages?
What did they do to Jesus?

Old 12-20-2009, 07:23 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
While I've never called what anyones beliefs "satanic", as DreamingSpires claims, I do agree with you Mystic. When the carnal mind gets a hold of a spiritual message....bad things happen.
Remember that in the biblical usage 'satanic' is a generic word which means 'opposer'.

From Hebrew:

"adversary, one who withstands"
  1. adversary (in general - personal or national)
Any teaching which denies God's perfect love, grace and forgiveness is then "satanic" in my view since it opposes (lies about) the essence of God's true nature.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:29 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
That's right. They they were a barbaric breed of humans from a barbaric time. They made great strides in the right direction (through Jesus) but they were still filled with myths and misconceptions about God.

Paul admitted as much saying that they saw through a glass darkly.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
They recorded His words, lived among Him, and loved Him.

What do you think they did to Him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity