U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:07 PM

7,517 posts, read 10,939,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Many would interpret this as saying that the former life is not to be considered, but I take it literally - His mercies are new every morning, and He is the Redeemer of our lives.

To be brought under condemnation by the past is against everything we've been redeemed from, no?
I meant to say that the former life is not to be considered, not just that we shouldn't consider going back...the journey begins in the mind, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 PM

5,362 posts, read 4,129,092 times
Regrets? Many. All of them having to do with not loving enough. I know my Father does not condemn me. He loves me as He loves us all. We are here learning, how could we possibly learn and keep those lessons close to our heart if we didn't acknowledge our regrets? No, for me, it isn't about condemning myself and being fearful that God will reject me, of course not. He is our loving Father. But it IS about walking through that FIRE of my wrong choices and looking back and seeing how I could have done things differently. If I had a chance to re-do, I would snatch up that chance in a heartbeat. This is part of grief.....when our loved ones pass on... part of grief is that wishing you could have loved them just a little bit more. This life is PREPARING us. Regrets, grief... it's all part of learning and it's all part of preparing us for the glory to be revealed.

Take your regrets... LEARN from them, do better in the future. I believe that all is well. That Christ is the saviour of ALL mankind. There is nothing that you can DO, it's already been done. This isn't about "good works". This is about walking out your life and learning about LOVE. God IS Love. When you don't walk in love, you surely feel it, now or later... you'll feel it.

LEARN! Don't stay in condemnation, don't slip into non-constructive depression, you are HUMAN, you will make mistakes everyday. Father is not holding anything against you. You are His beloved child. This life is TEACHING you. Love is the most important and most POWERFUL thing in this universe. When you operate out of love, and when you DON'T operate out of love...you feel it. Regrets = your spirit feeling it when you weren't operating out of love. What do you do with those regrets? You don't hide them, you don't push them down and ignore them, you don't DRINK them away, you don't SHOP them away, you don't DRUG them away. You ACKNOWLEDGE them, and you LEARN. And you aim to be more loving in the future... you take those lessons and you honor God by seeing what it is He wants you to see, so that you can understand more of who HE is. (remember HE is love.)

Regret.... We are all God's children. We will all have regrets. It's what you do with those regrets are what's important. More important than the thing you regret, I imagine.

God LOVES you.
God wants you to understand LOVE.
It's the most important and most powerful thing there is.

Well that's just my 2 cents. I know othes feel differently but that's just where I'm coming from. The more we learn about love, the more we are learning about our Creator. Regrets can be turned into a positive while we are walking out our lives if we focus on the right way of seeing them. Turning them around to glorify God. Turning them around to honor God and to learn more about Him. Learn more about love. And let that learning stay with you and letting the love within multiply and letting love extend outwards into His beautiful creation. Your regrets... take them and turn them around. Don't let them be a stumbling block, let them be a SPRINGBOARD. God loves you with an unbelievable love. Have no fear. Everything is going to be ok. No eye has seen, no ear has heard.... Walk through your life, remembering that what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal. Love never ends. All that isn't love will be burned up as hay and stubble. All of those things you regret...are probably all things that were things done out of NON-LOVE. Those things are being burned up as hay and stubble, but LOVE NEVER ENDS. Think on that. and REJOICE. And in the meantime, KNOWING THAT LOVELY NUGGET OF TRUTH, take your regrets and turn them around by letting love expand in your heart. Love NEVER ends. Think about that! Those lovely things, done out of love... will not be burned up. Love will not be burned up. Love ENDURES.

Don't get stuck in your regrets, acknowledge them and let them push you into expanding love in your heart, and extending love into His beautiful creation. For me, that's the bottom line.

peace.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 12-15-2009 at 12:20 PM..

Old 12-15-2009, 12:17 PM

38 posts, read 23,765 times
I have no regrets--cuz for everything in my life God has been their for me. He has taught me many lessons along the path that he has chosen for me. For these lessons have made me the person I am today. So thank you God for all of my lessons. Whether they were easy or hard lessons--cuz the hard lessons have taught me the most wonderful things.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:21 PM

5,362 posts, read 4,129,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammarae View Post
cuz the hard lessons have taught me the most wonderful things.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity