Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 AM

271 posts, read 655,454 times

Advertisements

I have recently read an article about the belief that there will be 3 different resurrections of man.

The first resurrection will be of the christians who will go to Heaven, the second will be of the people who have never heard about christ therefore, couldn't choose whether to accept or reject him and the third will be of those that have heard about christ but chose to reject him.

What's your take on this? Especially the second resurrection (how will they be judged?) And the third resurrection (since I'll be a part of that one .<<<sarcasm. How will we be judged?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 09:06 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,518,787 times
I will ask for scripture on these 3 ressurections. Scripture says we will be judged accordingly and we don't go to hell because we never heard the name Jesus...we go to hell because we are sinners and we broke God's laws.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:17 PM

271 posts, read 655,454 times
Actually, I'm terrible at remembering where I get my info from

It's just things I come across when "surfing the net". and if you google "3 resurrections of man" it'll take you to some website talking about it.

The question I asked about me being a part of the third resurrection (or more precisely, not being a part of the first resurrection) is truly hypothetical as per my belief. This is what I was trying to get at:

I have heard about needing Jesus as saviour in order to get to Heaven. I don't believe in God, the story about Jesus etc. and don't accept Jesus as my saviour. I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in Heaven OR Hell or anything after death, however, I accept that in terms of life after death I am in the minority in my view that NOTHING happens.

So, based upon your belief what will happen to all the "good, christian-like folks" that are just not christian? Will your god give them a chance to still earn Heaven?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:15 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,518,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacx View Post
Actually, I'm terrible at remembering where I get my info from

It's just things I come across when "surfing the net". and if you google "3 resurrections of man" it'll take you to some website talking about it.

The question I asked about me being a part of the third resurrection (or more precisely, not being a part of the first resurrection) is truly hypothetical as per my belief. This is what I was trying to get at:

I have heard about needing Jesus as saviour in order to get to Heaven. I don't believe in God, the story about Jesus etc. and don't accept Jesus as my saviour. I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in Heaven OR Hell or anything after death, however, I accept that in terms of life after death I am in the minority in my view that NOTHING happens.

So, based upon your belief what will happen to all the "good, christian-like folks" that are just not christian? Will your god give them a chance to still earn Heaven?
I only asked for scripture to show you that if it is not in scripture then it's not true and to answer your last question....will God give people a chance to earn heaven?... First we can't earn heaven, it's all God's grace and mercy and second In the scripture I read, God gives us a chance in this lifetime, now there are folks who believe otherwise like purgatory but I will let them answer that question.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:56 PM

9,670 posts, read 9,946,511 times
Yes there would be three resurrection of men and women, the FIRST resurrection occured at the cross of Jesus Christ when Abraham bosom opened up and many Saints of The Lord came out of their grave and went on the Heaven and shortly after Jesus Christ was ressurrected from the dead and later assended into Heaven. This is because the Honor lost by Adam was regained by the lamb of God Jesus Christ. The SECOND resurrection is the Body of Christ will be resurrected during second Coming of Jesus Christ. The body of Christ will be killed, murdered, massacred and many will be hid by the Lord God in the wilderness at the rapture. During the wilderness rapture The Lord God will give the world a miracle never seen before the resurrection of the body of Christ from the dead and those in hiding a rapture will be restablished in the earth into an absorbed into One Church. The THIRD resurrection will be at the Judgement Day of the Lord Jesus. Every person who ever lived after Adam and Eve will be resurrected to stand before Jesus Christ and be Judged one last time For what Jesus did through their lives, the works will be judged and the lost will judged and sent to die a second time

Last edited by hljc; 12-16-2009 at 03:04 PM..

Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,189,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes there would be three resurrection of men and women, the FIRST resurrection occured at the cross of Jesus Christ when Abraham bosom opened up and many Saints of The Lord came out of their grave and went on the Heaven and shortly after Jesus Christ was ressurrected from the dead and later assended into Heaven. This is because the Honor lost by Adam was regained by the lamb of God Jesus Christ. The SECOND resurrection is the Body of Christ will be resurrected during second Coming of Jesus Christ. The body of Christ will be killed, murdered, massacred and many will be hid by the Lord God in the wilderness at the rapture. During the wilderness rapture The Lord God will give the world a miracle never seen before the resurrection of the body of Christ from the dead and those in hiding a rapture will be restablished in the earth into an absorbed into One Church. The THIRD resurrection will be at the Judgement Day of the Lord Jesus. Every person who ever lived after Adam and Eve will be resurrected to stand before Jesus Christ and be Judged one last time For what Jesus did through their lives, the works will be judged and the lost will judged and sent to die a second time
What bible are you reading?????

Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 PM

9,670 posts, read 9,946,511 times
The KJV If you need scripture will / Saints ressurected Matthew 27:51-53 / Jesus Christ resurrected Matthew 28;2-6 / Jesus assended to Heaven Luke 24:51 /believers murdered and killed Revelation 6:9-11 / the rapture in the wilderness Revelations 12:14 The women in this scripture represents the body of Christ /resurrection of the body of Christ Revelation 20: 4-6 / resurrections of the Judgement Day Revelations 20: 12-15 The Scripture is there in the word of God. When I write a reply, I wait for the Holy Spirit to remind me of Scripture but it takes time to look it up .

Old 12-17-2009, 08:49 PM

118 posts, read 176,561 times
I only one resurrection in scripture. It is known as the resurrection of the dead or the first resurrection. It is noted in the scripture below(there are others though):

Revelation 20

4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

What is the First Resurrection? Most today believe it when Christ returns and those living at that time will be resurrected and reign with Christ on earth. I ask that everyone look at the scriptures first.

To understand First Resurrection we must understand resurrection. Would it make sense that you cannot have resurrection without death? So to understand First Resurrection we must understand First Death. Revelation mentions nothing about First Death but it does mention Second Death. Second Death is the lake of fire. Those that partake in the First Resurrection do not have to fear it. So what is First Death. Most today believe it is when we physically die and the First Resurrection is a physical resurrection from that death. Let us look scripturally.

Where is the First Death in scripture?

Here it is:

Genesis 2

15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The First death in scripture was never physical death. God said to Adam on the day he ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he would surely die. Did Adam physically die on that day? No, he lived on for many hundreds of years, but God did not lie. He said on that day Adam would die. Adam did die on that day.....spiritually. When sin came into the world Adam spiritually died just as all of mankind and we who are born into it. Physical death was a consequence of spiritual death but it was spiritual death to sin that cast Adam out of the presence of God since nothing unholy can be in the presence of God. Physical death had to have come since nothing sinful can have access to the tree of life and in God's words "live forever".

Since the First Death in scripture is spiritual, First Resurrection is also spiritual. Our physical resurrection means nothing because:

1) Flesh and Blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God (scripture.)

2) How could physical resurrection redeem us to God Himself when sin does not reside in flesh in blood.

First Resurrection is spiritual and is this not what we partake of in Christ? Through Christ's atoning work our spiritual death is taken away in our spiritual resurrection in Christ. Is not our sin atoned for in Christ's blood and we are now made Holy in God's sight and worthy to be back in the presence of God?

All who call on the name of the Lord ARE taking part in the First Resurrection. Those of us who have been redeemed in Christ's blood, do we need to fear the Second Death (lake of fire) ? No! we are saved and the lake of fire has no power over us because we are heaven bound.

Physical death is only the result of a inward truth, our spiritual death. Only through Christ are we resurrected and reconciled to God Himself. Resurrection is a past event for those in Christ Jesus.

God Bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity