U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 09:05 AM

8,989 posts, read 11,818,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Jesus commandments are not burdensome, even though there are those Christians who would like to make them so by telling others they must keep the law. Jesus said Love God and your neighbor....this fulfills all of the law. It's not a hard thing to do when you remember we are ALL Gods children. If God could forgive and love me....I can do the same.
you are confusing me...do we keep the law or not, first you say, we shouldn't now you say, it's not hard to do?

So you ALWAYS obey your parents? you ALWAYS never covet?, no lust ALWAYS? never ALWAYS stolen? you ALWAYS never lied? You ALWAYS never got angry without cause? You are better than me
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 AM

4,881 posts, read 4,777,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
OF COURSE THE DISBELIEF OF GOD CAN IMPLY A HATRED OF GOD First off there are no atheists, they are rebels, rebels against God. We were all rebels once. The bible is clear that He will reveal Himself to everyone and we see God all around us. Atheists don't like the idea of someone ruling over them or that they are not masters of their own destiny or perish the thought, one day they will be judged so instead they suppress God by saying, He doesn't exist.
Hmmmm.....this sounds alot like Freewillers.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_vetter33 View Post
No i would not.
And there you have it, No! You wouldn't worship God and that is pride and God hates pride, pride is the root of sin, God rejects the proud. When we come to Him it must be that of a child which is incomprehensible to a rational atheist and that's why as long as you keep that pride you will never understand and keep asking questions that more or less won't make sense to you but you said something very interesting in your post.

Quote:
It's said that those of the truth (according to the majority of bible recordings this is the Law) will hear God's voice. Do you hear God's voice or simply imagine God speaks to you through a book that most Christians claim is solid truth when Error can be found? They then try to rationalize the Error with differing speculations
Is that not what you are doing?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-18-2009 at 09:26 AM..

Old 12-18-2009, 09:30 AM

8,430 posts, read 7,760,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_vetter33 View Post
The red Highlight from your reply is the very reason I have rejected God for the greater majority of My existence. Most Christians will deny the obvious but I have to say this study may change the opinion you hold.

Can a single event in history that lasted only a few minutes occur on more than one day? For the bible to be with out Error the 4 bible gospels would place the anointing in Bethany before the crucifixion on the same day. 3 bible gospels portray this event and according to the 3 gospels they portray this event on two separate days. The study gives very credible evidence that none of the 3 bible gospels are placing this event according to the prophecies that Jesus claimed to fulfill.

if the bible is inspired by the holy spirit then the holy spirit is a liar and does not inspire all truth. Yet the bible makes this claim about the holy spirit inspiring only truth. The christian makes the claim that the bible is perfect and this false claim has caused me and many I know to reject God.

If God's word is unchanging and solid, What the Christian cannot explain to me with credibility is why the bible versions differ with every new version made. why some bible versions have more books than others. Some books within the bible have more chapters and verses than others.

Yet in the book it says that Scripture is God breathed and solid truth.

Can the Christian in truth claim a book is the word of God when the book appears to record the Word of God interacting with men? Word of God according to the bible appears to = voice of truth from Heaven. Yet not all of what is recorded by man in the bible appears to be solid truth from heaven.

The study shared does illustrate that the Prophecies (scriptures/voice of truth from heaven) that God may have actaully spoke are solid. What is better about this study is that it illustrates clearly the Errors that do exist in the bible by simply comparing the testimonies of the 4 bible gospels in detail against real time as we keep it today and also as God allegedly defined time.

Will a Christian call a study that I find to be the most credible proof to date, that God is real, Heresey since it illustrates there are errors in the traditions of Christian belief?

Take the study for what it's worth. It is a letter and even the bible says the letter kills. It's the spirit that gives life. I may seek this spirit of truth due to this study, but i'm not sure where to start.

Do I start with going to a denomination that for hundreds of years was not able to make this good a case for God? Or should I do what the Christians are not doing, Keep the laws of God instead of making excuses for why they are not that important?

Who knows; if God is real, maybe he will talk to me if keeping the Law makes someone of the truth; It is said by Jesus that those of the truth will hear his voice. It appears he fulfilled 3 days and 3 nights maybe he can talk to people and the Christian just doesn't know this. I do know Christians will read about the men of the past who did hear God's voice. Can you hear God's voice? Who today is in spirit and in truth as the true worshippers of God are to be?

If the bible tells false testimony for even one single event and men call the lie, truth; Are they in spirit and in truth or are they Anti-christ? I know Christ is the annointing of spirit received first by Jesus at his baptism and then by the apostles on the day of pentacost. Why does the Christian world not have this annointing if it is a requirement for entering the kingdom and having eternal life?

Very respectfully,

Todd
Go with your proof and don't let anyone dissuade you. Any proof of God is good proof. The bible was written with a theme and throughout the books and copies of the books the theme remains the same. Man is fallible.

Have you ever watched The Answer Man?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Go with your proof and don't let anyone dissuade you. Any proof of God is good proof. The bible was written with a theme and throughout the books and copies of the books the theme remains the same. Man is fallible.

Have you ever watched The Answer Man?
and scripture isn't. Looking for answers in Hollywood? It would be better you send him to Mecca.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:39 AM

4,881 posts, read 4,777,276 times
Quote:
you are confusing me...do we keep the law or not, first you say, we shouldn't now you say, it's not hard to do?

So you ALWAYS obey your parents? you ALWAYS never covet?, no lust ALWAYS? never ALWAYS stolen? you ALWAYS never lied? You ALWAYS never got angry without cause? You are better than me
If you LOVE GOD and LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.....are you not fulfilling all of these things?

Where did you ever see me post anywhere that I've ALWAYS never done anything? I am a redeemed sinner just like you are....and I've not ALWAYS been redeemed...so it would be impossible for anyone to make that statement. The difference between you and me is I don't dwell in the past, I am a NEW CREATION and I live IN CHRIST.... AND CHRIST LIVES IN ME....so there is now NO CONDEMNATION for things that were done in the past...I live a NEW LIFE now....THE LIFE OF CHRIST.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
If you LOVE GOD and LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.....are you not fulfilling all of these things?

Where did you ever see me post anywhere that I've ALWAYS never done anything? I am a redeemed sinner just like you are....and I've not ALWAYS been redeemed...so it would be impossible for anyone to make that statement. The difference between you and me is I don't dwell in the past, I am a NEW CREATION and I live IN CHRIST.... AND CHRIST LIVES IN ME....so there is now NO CONDEMNATION for things that were done in the past...I live a NEW LIFE now....THE LIFE OF CHRIST.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:47 AM

8,430 posts, read 7,760,448 times
Quote:
and scripture isn't. Looking for answers in Hollywood? It would be better you send him to Mecca.
Anything written by men is fallible. You cannot tell me that every man who ever touched the scripture to translate or canonized the scripture was inspired. We know of one in particular who was not inspired and was instrumental creating the NT as we know it...

However, the message still gets through even though the bible is not perfect.

I asked him about the movie because it is a good movie. A guy writes a book about God and people think he can talk to God. Truth is he never had been able to and he finally admits it. But his struggle is that all the people think he is great... when in fact he is a huge jerk.

Anyway just a good movie about human fallibility.

And really if Mecca is where you find proof of God who is fundamentalist to say that is wrong? Don't you desire all people to come to the knowledge of God by whatever means they come?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:55 AM

34,463 posts, read 22,106,915 times
Quote:
It is not hard to do because it involves adhering to the "spirit of the law" NOT the letter. . . but since you are stuck in the obedience mode . . . the letter of the law presents a stumbling block to your understanding. That is why you are confused.
Quote:
Humans have not and do not ALWAYS do anything . . we have weaknesses. It is our state of mind toward those weaknesses and our intentions that define our spiritual path. If our path is "love of God and each other" we are golden . . . if it exercises our human weaknesses of judging, vengeance, jealousy, lust, condemnation and dictating to others, etc. . . . beware.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 AM

193 posts, read 548,783 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity