Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God's Holy Spirit IS His consciousness . . . which means His thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No He is not. The Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity. He is distinct from the Father and from the Son. There are three Persons, or centers of consciousness within the Godhead. One God in three Persons.
Personhood is ENTIRELY dependent on consciousness. That is where personhood exists. You are making no sense by ascribing pesonhood without consciousness to defend the confused beliefs about the Trinity based on a lack of knowledge of consciousness as the source of personhood. What you call their shared essence IS consciousness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Personhood is ENTIRELY dependent on consciousness. That is where personhood exists. You are making no sense by ascribing pesonhood without consciousness to defend the confused beliefs about the Trinity based on a lack of knowledge of consciousness as the source of personhood. What you call their shared essence IS consciousness.
As I have already shown in post #51, the Holy Spirit has the attributes of Personhood. He hears, He speaks, He has initiatve, and He is shown to be distinct from the Father and from Jesus.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I think you really need to go back and study much more thoroughly the idea of the Trinity as compared with the Holy Spirit being the very being of the Father Himself.

Mar 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Singular. Remember Jesus has GOD indwelling in Him by means of the Father's own Spirit. If you have Christ, you have the Father because the "being" of the Father is in Him. That BEING is the Father's Spirit.
Quote:
You don't even believe that Jesus Christ is God. Your opinion about the Holy Spirit therefore has no credibility whatsoever.
You assess credibility based on whether or not someone agrees with YOU? Hardly a credible method, I'm afraid.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
As I have already shown in post #51, the Holy Spirit has the attributes of Personhood. He hears, He speaks, He has initiatve, and He is shown to be distinct from the Father and from Jesus.
You are not listening. Personhood cannot exist separate from consciousness, period.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:10 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
You are not listening. Personhood cannot exist separate from consciousness, period.
It is you who don't listen. The Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:35 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Sure the Holy Spirit does. It is the very being of the Father Himself.

Mike, is the Father Spirit? Is the Father Holy? If so, then how is it that you pick and choose that the Holy Spirit can refer to a 3rd person?

Old 07-01-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It is you who don't listen. The Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity.
Another rote recitation of dogma without thought or reason.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Sure the Holy Spirit does. It is the very being of the Father Himself.
Mike, is the Father Spirit? Is the Father Holy? If so, then how is it that you pick and choose that the Holy Spirit can refer to a 3rd person?
I fear it is a pointless exercise, trettep. All we will get is rote recitation of dogma . . . nothing more.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Another rote recitation of dogma without thought or reason.

I fear it is a pointless exercise, trettep. All we will get is rote recitation of dogma . . . nothing more.
All of it has a point, even if it isn't accepted for now.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 PM

249 posts, read 312,485 times
He Is The Spirit of Christ The Word of God The Father. He is The Spirit which proceeds forth from The Father "In"~&~"Through" Christ Jesus. He also proceeds forth from Christ The Son{Jesus} just the same. For Christ Is In The Father,and The Father Is In Christ. Because He Who Is The Father,and He Who Is The Son,and He Who Is The Spirit Are All ONE AND THE SAME GOD.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he{Jesus} that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Joh 20:22 And when he{Jesus} had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
The Holy Spirit helps us rejoice in suffering, conquer sin and live a life of love. Every believer has access to God's divine power because the Holy Spirit lives within us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity