U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 10:00 PM

34,460 posts, read 22,097,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
FB and Herefornow......it's all good. I just need to go and mix another drink. No seriously, it's what I see and I can't get away from it. Maybe at some point I can see it your way but I'm a literalist, not a spiritualist. I may NEVER see it your way.
Of all the books in the Bible to take literally . . . Revelation shouldn't be it. It is the most obscure, enigmatic and symbolic of the lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,150,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of all the books in the Bible to take literally . . . Revelation shouldn't be it. It is the most obscure, enigmatic and symbolic of the lot.
Says you

Old 11-13-2010, 10:21 PM

26,912 posts, read 17,601,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Ilene, here's an example:

"Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. "Listen," he said, "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me."

Now - the dream WAS from God but had nothing to do with the literal sun, moon, and stars. That's what I'm talking about. Revelation is a book of SYMBOLS. Learn what the symbols mean and you learn what the passages mean.
Nice

Old 11-14-2010, 06:28 AM

22,687 posts, read 11,475,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus0 View Post
How about we look scripturally?

We have already seen the Mark of the Beast but we should also not ignore that there is also the Mark of the Lord:

Ephesians 1

3And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

Since there is/was a mark of the beast, then since there is the mark of the Lord we must compare scripture to scripture. If the premise that the mark of the beast is a physical mark such as a microchip or tatoo etc. then the mark of the Lord must be the same as well.

If the mark of the beast is a physical one then the mark of the lord must also be physical. Do believers need to have a physical mark to show they belong to the Lord any different then those who would take the mark showing their allegience to the beast? Of course not. Those marked for the Lord are marked because of their heart repenting and acknowledging that Jesus is their Lord. Since the mark of God is a spiritual one regarding the heart then the mark of the beast must be the same as well. Here we have to use wisdom and common sense as well.

You cannot be fooled into taking the mark.

There is a reason I say this. There is no scripture saying they will be fooled
but also because it must be a heart issue. If the taking of the mark is the ultimate choice of allegience to either God or Satan then how could you be fooled into taking the mark. For example if it was indeed a microchip, tatoo, credit card etc. then how could taking this actually condemn your soul if you didn't know it was allegience to satan?

The point I am making is that the mark of the beast is not a trick, the person receiving it would have to understand that it was a rejection of Christ and that it was a bowing to satan since it would condemn their soul. If it wasn't and would be a trick do we honestly think that God would condemn anyone to eternity without Him who was tricked and did not understand what they were doing and was only buying food? Of course not, God is love!

The mark of the beast must be one that outright states that it is a rejection of Christ otherwise it would be meaningless in condemning one soul. So fear not, you cannot be tricked into receiving the mark of the beast.

The bigger point is that the mark of Lord or the beast is an outright heart issue. It is a decision that states either Christ is Lord of your life or not. It is not physical. You cannot be tricked. Those who receive Christ as Lord are FOREVER marked for Him. Those that reject Christ are marked for satan.

The fact that I believe the mark of the beast was fulfilled in the 1st century is irrelevant. The mark of the Lord must not be ignored. All humanity is marked, it is a question of who are we marked for?

This is a spiritual issue, not a physical one. A physical mark cannot condemn a man to punishment. Only a decision of his heart can.

God Bless.
You are the first person that i have seen come to the same conclusion that i came to many years ago...We have been steeped in the 666 song and dance for so long that even an atheist would recognize it if it were a physical sign and i would say that would turn him into a believer...I would go further to say that the meaning of forehead or righthand is symbolic for allegeance...Also, the anti-christ was spoken of throughout the New Testament as a current figure of the time...

Old 11-14-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
I record all of Perry Stones programs . He is a true prophet and a great teacher, addtionally I attend his semiars in Tampa ,but we differ regarding chip technology in that it's my belief that the damage done during the first 3.5 years of tribulation will essentially eliminate all technology as we know it and that differnce how Perry perceives it being available under anti-christ in the last 3.5 when the "mark " becomes necessary to receive goods and services to sustain you. Perry is a
prophet but also a human and cannot grasp the destructive nature of trib (it will be beyond com-
prehension for any of us.) The most significant technology remaining will be little garden shovels
used to dig for roots and grub worms to eat. Perry is a genius otherwise.
A prophet is either 100% correct or he is not of God...

Old 11-14-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caucazhin View Post
MARKS you said:After this goof ball has been proven a fake and WOF abuser

Please elaborate Im truly interested in what and have never heard what you are speaking of, THANX..........
Perry Stone EXPOSED!

Old 11-14-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Perry Stone has IN NO WAY been proven to be fake. What in the world is your beef with someone who knows the Bible and prophecy? Are you jealous?
Maybe you are immature in spirit and knowledge...Do you think that you no longer need to learn or grow?...

Old 11-14-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceweevil View Post
If I were a betting man then I think you most likely read the "Left Behind" Series of books.
The only people that got "left behind" were people who bought the books and had a thinner wallet.
Instead of insinuating that someone is jealous of someone else how about proving your position about Perry Stone?
Just because someone is not "on TV" does not make them any less knowledgeable of the Bible or end time prophecy.
I do not think Perry Stone is a very good accurate prophecy teacher for serious Bible students but he sounds good on TV.That impresses a lot of people.
How many people have been genuinely healed by his FEDEX-a-meal program?...

Old 11-14-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyrapture View Post
I believe the WWW will play a part in the end times. The Lord gave me a vision about 7-8 years ago of people sitting in front of their computers. They would pay for everyting by just placing their hand upon the computer screen. They would be able to to to be indentified by this method. We would be accountable to the government with this transaction.
Vision?...come on...Stop trying to put the 1st century into the here and now...

Old 11-14-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Perry also thinks the AC is Osama BL,which I think is false,bc I don't think the ac can be revealed yet.He also thinks the rapture is going to happen on Rosh Hashanah.I've since come to believe that it will be just as Jesus said,that no man no the day nor hour.
That said,he does have some valauble things to say.I just doubt some of it.
So was George Bush, Bill Clinton, etc., etc....The day and hour is not speaking of the AC showing up but of Christ's Return....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity