U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-15-2010, 04:33 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,939 posts, read 18,523,302 times
Reputation: 9889

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Ilene, here's an example:

"Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. "Listen," he said, "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me."

Now - the dream WAS from God but had nothing to do with the literal sun, moon, and stars. That's what I'm talking about. Revelation is a book of SYMBOLS. Learn what the symbols mean and you learn what the passages mean.
Similar passage in the quran, but eleven planets instead of stars.

Sura 12:4 When Joseph said unto his father: O my father! Lo! I saw in a dream eleven planets and the sun and the moon, I saw them prostrating themselves unto me.

Who takes dreams literally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2010, 07:48 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,498,526 times
Reputation: 629
[quote=Ilene Wright;16625951]
Quote:

Of course not, I just don't want anyone to be fooled into taking the mark of the beast. I know you and Phaze don't believe in the end times scenario but I do, and I don't think it's anything to joke around about or get snarky about like Phaze. I think it's very serious stuff.

Religious ideologies have proven they haven't a clue what it is or what it will look like and most likely you will reject things that mean nothing and miss where you are suppose to look in the first place.

If you actually want to be serious about it, reject religions theorys on it all based upon their track record of being stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2010, 03:47 PM
 
2,192 posts, read 2,775,803 times
Reputation: 2211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I didn't quote your post because it was right underneath yours until Jerwade slipped one in and besides, how irrelevant is that? There WILL be a rapture and there's no indication that animals will be left behind to suffer. If children who are innocent will be taken then why not the innocent animals? What does having a "soul" have to do with it? We know there will be animals in heaven:

Isaiah 11:6
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lionand the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

Isaiah 65:25
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the LORD.

But if you don't believe that the Bible is God's Holy Word then of course you're not going to believe ANY of this.
Nope sorry. There will NOT be a rapture. And no amount of quoting from your Harry Potter's sorcerer book will make it come about. To make matters worse, the hilarious stuff you do quote has nothing to do with animals in heaven. I read that as a snake eats dirt. Do you also think that 200,000 pound dinosaurs that are 100 feet long fit on Noah's ark? Multiples of them at that. All the while not eating other animals but just patiently sitting there starving for 40 days. WOW! That's not called faith, that's called ignorance.

No indication of animals being left behind? What indication is there that animals will be in heaven? I don't see it anywhere in the bible. So now we're just making stuff up when it suits us, huh? That sure sounds familiar. I think if there was going to be a rapture, it's already upon us, as the only one suffering here is me after reading your "literal" interpretations of the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2010, 05:56 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 6,353,571 times
Reputation: 58121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Nope sorry. There will NOT be a rapture. And no amount of quoting from your Harry Potter's sorcerer book will make it come about. To make matters worse, the hilarious stuff you do quote has nothing to do with animals in heaven. I read that as a snake eats dirt. Do you also think that 200,000 pound dinosaurs that are 100 feet long fit on Noah's ark? Multiples of them at that. All the while not eating other animals but just patiently sitting there starving for 40 days. WOW! That's not called faith, that's called ignorance.

No indication of animals being left behind? What indication is there that animals will be in heaven? I don't see it anywhere in the bible. So now we're just making stuff up when it suits us, huh? That sure sounds familiar. I think if there was going to be a rapture, it's already upon us, as the only one suffering here is me after reading your "literal" interpretations of the bible.
Like I said in the other post, if you aren't a Christian then of course you're not going to believe any of it. Why are you here? Looks like trolling to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2010, 06:36 PM
 
2,192 posts, read 2,775,803 times
Reputation: 2211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Like I said in the other post, if you aren't a Christian then of course you're not going to believe any of it. Why are you here? Looks like trolling to me.
Looks like you have an attitude problem to me. I never recall it saying anywhere that only Christians can post here.

My points are relative regardless of my personal beliefs. It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that animals will be in heaven. You're making that up because you like how it sounds. You can't bear the thought that your poor little kitty cat will be stuck down here with all these evil atheists while you're walking the streets of gold singing along with spirital deities. It just ruins your personal view of what heaven should be like.

In other cases you claim you're a bible literalist, taking every word as fact. Does that also mean you stone people for working on the sabbath? By what criteria are you using some bible passages and not others? By what criteria are you choosing to interpret some passages as literal and others as metaphorical or not at all?

In the bible passages you quoted, all I see is some animals walking around with a child. That doesn't say heaven, it says a holy mountain. That doesn't reference the rapture. You're claiming that's what it means but there is no clear meaning. It's vague.

Last edited by Jason28; 11-16-2010 at 07:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 6,353,571 times
Reputation: 58121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Looks like you have an attitude problem to me. I never recall it saying anywhere that only Christians can post here.

My points are relative regardless of my personal beliefs. It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that animals will be in heaven. You're making that up because you like how it sounds. You can't bear the thought that your poor little kitty cat will be stuck down here with all these evil atheists while you're walking the streets of gold singing along with spirital deities. It just ruins your personal view of what heaven should be like.

In other cases you claim you're a bible literalist, taking every word as fact. Does that also mean you stone people for working on the sabbath? By what criteria are you using some bible passages and not others? By what criteria are you choosing to interpret some passages as literal and others as metaphorical or not at all?

In the bible passages you quoted, all I see is some animals walking around with a child. That doesn't say heaven, it says a holy mountain. That doesn't reference the rapture. You're claiming that's what it means but there is no clear meaning. It's vague.
I think we're done here, I don't care for your attitude. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 PM
 
2,192 posts, read 2,775,803 times
Reputation: 2211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I think we're done here, I don't care for your attitude. God bless.
I probably would have stopped posting awhile ago if I were you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,521 posts, read 4,427,740 times
Reputation: 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I probably would have stopped posting awhile ago if I were you.
I have no problem with non-Christians posting here, I actually like some of them like Insane. The difference is that you mock and ridicule as opposed to question and challenge.

When your goal is just to mock and ridicule our beliefs many of us have nothing to discuss with you.

Thanks for stopping by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 PM
 
2,192 posts, read 2,775,803 times
Reputation: 2211
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I have no problem with non-Christians posting here, I actually like some of them like Insane. The difference is that you mock and ridicule as opposed to question and challenge.

When your goal is just to mock and ridicule our beliefs many of us have nothing to discuss with you.

Thanks for stopping by.
I do question and challenge. I'm usually met with intolerance or people just blatantly ignoring. I can see why too as it goes directly against how Christians process reality. When you're shown facts that irrefutably illustrate how nonsensical and illogical your beliefs are, you tuck tail and run rather than attempt to answer.

I come off as harsh because it's like talking to a brick wall when their argument is circular, intangible, and makes zero sense. One can only put up with "Well I just believe because that's faith and I know in my heart it's true" before you want to vomit. If I'm harsh, at least I get some negative reaction out of people, which further showcases how hypocritical a large portion of Christians behave.

Edit: And furthermore I've read most of this thread. It would appear that the woman I was replying to does indeed have an attitude problem. She told Heartsong her opinion was wrong then told her "whatever" when she gave her some feedback regarding it. But then she wants to play all "high and mighty" when it comes to someone else very strongly challenging her belief system by telling her she's wrong. It's the very definition of hypocracy and not the behavior of a "Saved" Christian woman in the slightest. The word smug comes to mind.

Last edited by Jason28; 11-16-2010 at 09:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,521 posts, read 4,427,740 times
Reputation: 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I do question and challenge. I'm usually met with intolerance or people just blatantly ignoring. I can see why too as it goes directly against how Christians process reality. When you're shown facts that irrefutably illustrate how nonsensical and illogical your beliefs are, you tuck tail and run rather than attempt to answer.

I come off as harsh because it's like talking to a brick wall when their argument is circular, intangible, and makes zero sense. One can only put up with "Well I just believe because that's faith and I know in my heart it's true" before you want to vomit. If I'm harsh, at least I get some negative reaction out of people, which further showcases how hypocritical a large portion of Christians behave.

Edit: And furthermore I've read most of this thread. It would appear that the woman I was replying to does indeed have an attitude problem. She told Heartsong her opinion was wrong then told her "whatever" when she gave her some feedback regarding it. But then she wants to play all "high and mighty" when it comes to someone else very strongly challenging her belief system by telling her she's wrong. It's the very definition of hypocracy and not the behavior of a "Saved" Christian woman in the slightest. The word smug comes to mind.
Sure, I have problems with the high and mighty attitude myself, the " I am lead by the spirit" when they have no other answer is rather annoying to me also. But when you start off with the "Harry Potter" book stuff, you won't get much of a discussion from most of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top