U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2009, 09:10 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,513 posts, read 10,841,403 times
Reputation: 4388

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
What is wrong with his family photo, I think they are a deliteful family.
Some guys look they stepped into a photo with someone else's family - he's borderline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2009, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Comunistafornia, and working to get out ASAP!
1,958 posts, read 4,435,305 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
This man is highly respected and a serious man of God...
"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets." (Luke 6:25-27)

I don't listen to him or respect him for many reasons of which I give a few at the opening of the OP.

Ilene, I would encourage you to compare all teachers, preachers, ministers, etc to what the Bible shows. Be careful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,430 posts, read 7,760,448 times
Reputation: 1678
The preacher s not the problem.. it is what is preached...

The mark of the beast does not exist physically...

Exodus 13:9 "And it shall serve as a sign to you on your hand, and as a reminder on your forehead, that the law of the LORD may be in your mouth; for with a powerful hand the LORD brought you out of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 6:6-8 "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.

The words are symbolic for remembrance and adherence, ownership.

Deut. 11:18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Revelation 14:9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,

Compare to God, his image Jesus, and the mark given to those who are Christ's..

Galatians 6:17 From now on let no one cause trouble for me, for I bear on my body the brand-marks of Jesus.

Is Paul telling us that he has literal marks on his body? The sentiment is remembering God's laws taught by Jesus or the Beast's law taught by the beast's image.

There is no literal mark taught in the bible.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-20-2009 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: deleted orphaned quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 10:50 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,513 posts, read 10,841,403 times
Reputation: 4388
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The mark of the beast does not exist physically...

Exodus 13:9 "And it shall serve as a sign to you on your hand, and as a reminder on your forehead, that the law of the LORD may be in your mouth; for with a powerful hand the LORD brought you out of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 6:6-8 "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.

The words are symbolic for remembrance and adherence, ownership.

Deut. 11:18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Revelation 14:9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,

Compare to God, his image Jesus, and the mark given to those who are Christ's..

Galatians 6:17 From now on let no one cause trouble for me, for I bear on my body the brand-marks of Jesus.

Is Paul telling us that he has literal marks on his body? The sentiment is remembering God's laws taught by Jesus or the Beast's law taught by the beast's image.

There is no literal mark taught in the bible.


If taken literally, I believe the forehead signifies the carnal mind (which is anti-Christ, or enmity with God) and the forehand signifies the works we put our trust in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 08:24 PM
 
4,439 posts, read 7,695,932 times
Reputation: 1457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
verse 7: The legs of the lame are not equal: so is a parable in the mouth of fools[/b]) and we ought not treat them as such. The feeble excuse by Christians that we should treat all equally is wrong. If they are fools, they should be immediately discounted and not given credibility by proper answers. [b]8. As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honor to a fool.
So the disabled and fools are unequal to the rest.. gotcha..

Great post btw Betsey. Get that swine flu shot yet?

There is zero evidence ANYWHERE that ANYONE will be REQUIRED to get IMPLANTED with RFID. To postulate as such is simply a RUSE by some who OWN and DISTRIBUTE merchandise to get more CLICKS. It PLAYS on the FEARS of PEOPLE and CONVENIENTLY uses manipulated CURRENT events to make it seem REAL. My guess is the OP has purchased SOME materials on the SUBJECT and has bought the idea HOOK LINE AND SINKER.

I do appreciate the cockamamie bs he spouts though..

WWW=666.. is the internet the devil? No.. but now I've got ya listening right? Heck yes.. listen some more!

So Disney uses biometrics.. and that of course leads to... drum roll...

of course!! IMPLANTS!!! I mean there is of course zero evidence of any of that but ... you know what I've got CD's to sell.. and if I didn't make stuff up..who would buy it?

Anyway back to the story.. so anyway I was flying with a doctor who sat on the United States Medical Board (A board that doesn't even exist.. seriously.. google United States Medical Board or Federal Medical Board.. na da.. nothing) and I'm not gonna give you names because you could look up his name and find out what I'm saying is bs.. anyway.. this doctor tells me that some blood types reject the chip..

wait for it.. wait for it.. get it.. some blood types reject it because they are probably true believers.. get it?? hook baited.. hook taken..

but for those who get the RFID.. all.. 100 people worldwide that have it so far.. and the Lithium battery breaks (from no doubt thumpin' that bible) then AH HA!!! MARK OF THE BEAST!!!

Cause see Lithium would produce a sore.. and you'd have to have the sore to fit in with the story in Revelation.

See how perfectly it fits together?

WWW=666 of Man
Quantum leap from Disney to Implants
Portion of those implanted WILL have broken implants that cause sores
Those people will have the MARK! Makes total Sense!!!

Oh and guess what.. YOUR EMPLOYER CAN REQUIRE YOU TO GET THE IMPLANT. Story sealed now.. bait taken. See cause I got this news 3rd or 4th hand that some guy no doubt on a gambling boat in Mississippi had to get implanted with a chip.. Yup. Against all Federal and State laws this employer was willing to risk all to get an employee chipped. Makes awesome total sense.. cause you know he heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it.

So there ya have it..

Story told.. brilliant really. Set up nicely with nothing but falsehoods, accusations, quantum leaps of reality and government involvement by way of not standing int he way. Make way for some Yelling.. and some "people are ignorant of the bible" and put it in a big pot and stir.. You got yourself a nice old bowl of ridiculous that is eaten up by the masses..

My point and problem with this tent wearing idiot is not what he believes or doesn't believe. My problem is he is a liar who spins facts to suit his agenda and its people like him that make me as a Christian.. look bad.

So believe what you like about the Book of Revelation.. but Perry Stone.. is a liar... and I say that without an ounce of monetary investment in or against him. He is a snake oil salesman.. no different that this guy..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 09:10 PM
 
118 posts, read 139,589 times
Reputation: 72
How about we look scripturally?

We have already seen the Mark of the Beast but we should also not ignore that there is also the Mark of the Lord:

Ephesians 1

3And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,



Since there is/was a mark of the beast, then since there is the mark of the Lord we must compare scripture to scripture. If the premise that the mark of the beast is a physical mark such as a microchip or tatoo etc. then the mark of the Lord must be the same as well.

If the mark of the beast is a physical one then the mark of the lord must also be physical. Do believers need to have a physical mark to show they belong to the Lord any different then those who would take the mark showing their allegience to the beast? Of course not. Those marked for the Lord are marked because of their heart repenting and acknowledging that Jesus is their Lord. Since the mark of God is a spiritual one regarding the heart then the mark of the beast must be the same as well. Here we have to use wisdom and common sense as well.

You cannot be fooled into taking the mark.

There is a reason I say this. There is no scripture saying they will be fooled
but also because it must be a heart issue. If the taking of the mark is the ultimate choice of allegience to either God or Satan then how could you be fooled into taking the mark. For example if it was indeed a microchip, tatoo, credit card etc. then how could taking this actually condemn your soul if you didn't know it was allegience to satan?

The point I am making is that the mark of the beast is not a trick, the person receiving it would have to understand that it was a rejection of Christ and that it was a bowing to satan since it would condemn their soul. If it wasn't and would be a trick do we honestly think that God would condemn anyone to eternity without Him who was tricked and did not understand what they were doing and was only buying food? Of course not, God is love!

The mark of the beast must be one that outright states that it is a rejection of Christ otherwise it would be meaningless in condemning one soul. So fear not, you cannot be tricked into receiving the mark of the beast.

The bigger point is that the mark of Lord or the beast is an outright heart issue. It is a decision that states either Christ is Lord of your life or not. It is not physical. You cannot be tricked. Those who receive Christ as Lord are FOREVER marked for Him. Those that reject Christ are marked for satan.

The fact that I believe the mark of the beast was fulfilled in the 1st century is irrelevant. The mark of the Lord must not be ignored. All humanity is marked, it is a question of who are we marked for?

This is a spiritual issue, not a physical one. A physical mark cannot condemn a man to punishment. Only a decision of his heart can.

God Bless.

Last edited by Romulus0; 12-17-2009 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: grammer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 05:16 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,152,726 times
Reputation: 58177
For the love of Pete, keep the thread on topic.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-20-2009 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: deleted references to off topic posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Comunistafornia, and working to get out ASAP!
1,958 posts, read 4,435,305 times
Reputation: 917
For the love of Pete, keep the thread on topic.[/quote]


Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-20-2009 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: deleted off topic aortion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2009, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,145,911 times
Reputation: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus0 View Post
How about we look scripturally?

We have already seen the Mark of the Beast but we should also not ignore that there is also the Mark of the Lord:

Ephesians 1

3And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,



Since there is/was a mark of the beast, then since there is the mark of the Lord we must compare scripture to scripture. If the premise that the mark of the beast is a physical mark such as a microchip or tatoo etc. then the mark of the Lord must be the same as well.

If the mark of the beast is a physical one then the mark of the lord must also be physical. Do believers need to have a physical mark to show they belong to the Lord any different then those who would take the mark showing their allegience to the beast? Of course not. Those marked for the Lord are marked because of their heart repenting and acknowledging that Jesus is their Lord. Since the mark of God is a spiritual one regarding the heart then the mark of the beast must be the same as well. Here we have to use wisdom and common sense as well.

You cannot be fooled into taking the mark.

There is a reason I say this. There is no scripture saying they will be fooled
but also because it must be a heart issue. If the taking of the mark is the ultimate choice of allegience to either God or Satan then how could you be fooled into taking the mark. For example if it was indeed a microchip, tatoo, credit card etc. then how could taking this actually condemn your soul if you didn't know it was allegience to satan?

The point I am making is that the mark of the beast is not a trick, the person receiving it would have to understand that it was a rejection of Christ and that it was a bowing to satan since it would condemn their soul. If it wasn't and would be a trick do we honestly think that God would condemn anyone to eternity without Him who was tricked and did not understand what they were doing and was only buying food? Of course not, God is love!

The mark of the beast must be one that outright states that it is a rejection of Christ otherwise it would be meaningless in condemning one soul. So fear not, you cannot be tricked into receiving the mark of the beast.

The bigger point is that the mark of Lord or the beast is an outright heart issue. It is a decision that states either Christ is Lord of your life or not. It is not physical. You cannot be tricked. Those who receive Christ as Lord are FOREVER marked for Him. Those that reject Christ are marked for satan.

The fact that I believe the mark of the beast was fulfilled in the 1st century is irrelevant. The mark of the Lord must not be ignored. All humanity is marked, it is a question of who are we marked for?

This is a spiritual issue, not a physical one. A physical mark cannot condemn a man to punishment. Only a decision of his heart can.

God Bless.

Question if I may.....Why say that the mark/sign of the Lord would have to be a physical one?

Question again if I may, would you say that a person who doesn't obey the commandments of God is already rejecting Him?

Just curious......You say: You cannot be fooled into taking the mark.

Question again if I may........Do you feel that you can, however be misled by it's purpose? It's true intent, thereby causing you to be deceived? How sure are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2009, 10:10 PM
 
303 posts, read 462,118 times
Reputation: 58
ha ha ha........


No, but seriously Perry Stone has some very good insights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top