Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:02 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,508,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How will you pay for your groceries at Stop and Shop if you go and do that ?
I work at a restaurant, I'll eat there. LOL. Idk? I guess I'd have to ask some poor sap with a chip to help me.

The whole chip thing freaks me out, like a NWO, I don't care if it has ANYTHING to do w/ the Rapture..I don't want one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 12:03 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,917,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I work at a restaurant, I'll eat there. LOL. Idk? I guess I'd have to ask some poor sap with a chip to help me.

The whole chip thing freaks me out, like a NWO, I don't care if it has ANYTHING to do w/ the Rapture..I don't want one.

It is a secret plot for world domination from extraterrestrials.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:21 PM

3 posts, read 4,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's right, laugh it up....."chips" and salsa for everyone.

But whatcha gonna do when it becomes a "requirement" to be chipped?
still not takin' it
Why would I even want a chip inside my own precious body? It's just..really wierd when I think about it.
Makes me feel like an experiement or pet subject for an evil scientist.

Last edited by Loverofchrist; 11-11-2010 at 12:32 PM..

Old 11-11-2010, 12:37 PM

76,972 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Sure, but if your not looking within yourself, you'll miss it.
There will be signs, and not just within you.

Here is a list I found in the net. Food for thought :

1. False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith (2 Peter 2:1-3) See some at:Fakemessiah.com

2. Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age (2 Timothy 3:3)

3. Earthquakes would be in diverse places (Matthew 24:7)

4. Stress would be part of living (2 Timothy 3:1)

5. Many wars would erupt (Matthew 24:6)

6. People would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code, committing adultery, stealing, lying, and killing (Matthew 24:12)

7. There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2 Timothy 3:5)

8. Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4). This is so evident at Christmas when the birth of the Savior is
lost behind the myth of Santa Clause

9. Deadly diseases would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7). The worldwide increase in AIDS deaths is almost inestimable. Over 160,000 Americans die of cancer

10. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.

11. The institution of marriage would be forsaken by many (1 Timothy 4:3)

12. There would be an increase in famines (Matthew 24:7)

13. Increase in vegetarianism would increase (1 Timothy 4:3-4)

14. There would be a cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

15. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3)

16. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4)

17. There would be hypocrites within the Church (Matthew 13:25-30)

18. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24

19. The future would seem fearful to many (Luke 21:26)

20. Humanity would become materialistic (2 Timothy 3:4)

21. There would be many involved in travel (Daniel 12:4)

22. The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14)

23. Jesus said Christians would be hated "for His name's sake" (Matthew 24:9)

24: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and
the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26).

25: Youth would become rebellious. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy (2 Timothy 3:2)

26: Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying, "for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." (2 Peter 3:4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust (verse 3). They fail to understand that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years to us. God is not subject to the time that He created. He can flick through time as we flick through the pages of a history book. The reason He seems to be silent, is because He is patiently waiting, not willing that any perish, but that all come to repentance.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-11-2010 at 01:10 PM..

Old 11-11-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There will be signs, and not just within you.
You found your list on the net, well, I like the internet, but the last thing I am going rely on it for is my spiritual well being.

I have to run the race and work out my salvation and looking around the corners for the anti Christ and listening to nonsense from religion certainly is not on my todo list for it either and I am better off for it.

You look wherever you like.

I will look here.

Lk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
You found your list on the net, well, I like the internet, but the last thing I am going rely on it for is my spiritual well being.
Yet, here you are...

Quote:
I have to run the race and work out my salvation and looking around the corners for the anti Christ and listening to nonsense from religion certainly is not on my todo list for it either and I am better off for it.

You look wherever you like.
Thank you for your unkind reply.

As you can see every point is followed by a Bible verse. The list is food for thought, not an instruction for you to swallow without studying the verses

Quote:
I will look here.

Lk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you
You got that from the internet, didn't you? LOL

Kingdom of God is an interesting topic, but not the topic we are talking about here.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Yet, here you are...
Looking here

Lk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

You can look where you like.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
You got that from the internet, didn't you? LOL

Nope, I actually type the bible verses I look up in my hard bound copy of the bible. I can type 120 words a minute, so it is no problem not to copy and paste.

Any more kind questions you would like to ask me oh kind soul that you pretend to be.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
You can look where you like.
Did I hurt your feelings, or why do you keep saying things like this?

Old 11-11-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Did I hurt your feelings, or why do you keep saying things like this?

Are you not looking where you like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity