Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 11:19 PM

24 posts, read 25,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
When is someone going to figure out the riddle of 666? I think that's what needs to be focused on.
I could have swore it had something to do with sorcery, nimrod, free masonry and science. the pyramids also had to do with that, i think it focused a type of energy or something that would help them in the after life.
sorry i can't go into the details since I'm not up for studying right now but look into those things I said and see if you find anything useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 05:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,889,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
How do we know God doesn't loop back? I've often wondered if the way He will wipe every tear from our eyes and take away all our sorrows would be to go back in time and change things.JAT.
Time exists as a spiral...

Old 11-21-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Once in the spiritual realm things like distance and time are illusions. You can simply teleport anywhere just by thinking about it.
If you're in the spiritual realm and sensory perception become illusory...then how can you teleport anywhere by thinking about it?...Wouldn't your sense of that be illusory also?...Wouldn't it be that you are stationary and your mind is creating the illusion of travel to these different places and that your mind is creating a specific place around you?...That is you do not move at all but the illusion does so by your mind...

Old 11-21-2010, 12:55 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,542,919 times
Quote:
google holographic universe...and there are also vids on youtube about it.it's thought by some that that's how we are so interconnected with each other,as science has recently shown.
Thanks SC122...I watched all 5 parts...pretty amazing but need sifting in order to put the whole thing into proper perspective that could be articulated by the simple-minded such as moi...-

Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,680,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Time exists as a spiral...
you mean as a loop that keeps looping around? doesn't that imply that things will happen again?

Old 11-22-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
you mean as a loop that keeps looping around? doesn't that imply that things will happen again?
Time is not linear...

Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,680,659 times
reminds me of that show Quantum Leap.I loved that show.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:47 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,793,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I'm sorry but the last few posts have really been out there. What the??? I mean, I'm about as open-minded as the next person but all this "new agey" stuff blows my mind. I understand that you all think everything is "spiritual" but I can't ignore scriptures that are plain as the nose on your face.

1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Revelation 16:2
The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

You can't tell me that this is spiritual or that it has already come to pass. Prove it.

The bible is fables and things recorded decades, if not centuries, after the actual death of Jesus. Nobody is worshipping a beast, their is no mark on anyone's forhead saying 666. You're looking to justify any random thing you can as a sign that validates your archaic belief system. By calling people the antichrist, you're mostly shutting down your own ability to learn what's really out there. It's akin to quoting lines from the Lord of the Rings movies.

You are putting every bit of faith, understanding, and trust in a 2,000 year old book that was written by shepherds that talks about ridiculous things like slavery beating instructions, human and animal sacrifices, incest, murdering of all kinds of innocent people, and hundreds of other things that make absolutely no sense. It's somewhat disturbing that most christians can't see how that doesn't mesh with the concept of an all loving, forgiving, "God". It's 100% pure contradiction. You have to literally shut down the reasoning center in your brain to even begin to believe any of it.

Anyone can be in the spirit. It's not given to the elected of a specific race or religion. You can't buy or sell it. It's not something material. It's the energy that encompasses all living things, including you and your pets. Once something departs their physical sheath, they are in the spirit. That can be done temporarily while alive or somewhat of a more permanent scale once their body expires.

That can all be verified by anyone, right now. Anyone who desires it can prove to themselves that what I'm saying is true. Religion on the other hand cannot and will not ever be verified until people die and see what's really out there.

Also, you can't prove a negative. What you posted here
"You can't tell me that this is spiritual or that it has already come to pass. Prove it." will never come to fruition, so it can't ever be proven. This is like me asking you to prove that I can't fly. You can't do it.

And you can ignore scriptures that are as plain as the nose on your face, and I have a pretty big nose. It's taken me years to uncondition the 15+ years of religious brain washing I've been subjected to. Once you start to feel free though, it's truly an amazing feeling. Only through asking questions of others, and yourself, then by discovering things through your own journies and trials, will you find peace, love, and understanding.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:55 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,793,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
If you're in the spiritual realm and sensory perception become illusory...
They don't become illusory. Dreams are illusory. Lucid dreams are a step above that and almost feel real. Actual projection out of your physical body is like reality but superior in everyway. It's all a different version of the same thing...kinda. A lot of it is an environment based on the individual's perception and expectations. As you think, so it becomes.

What the difference is however, is the individuals level of conscious awareness. In dreams, people aren't aware they're dreaming. If you are aware, the dream should become lucid and more lifelike. If you can shake that last layer, then it becomes identical to reality but it's outside the physical realm. There are other ways of getting there without dreaming. Falling asleep directly afterwords will make you forget the entire thing and as a direct result billions of people project but never realize it.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:15 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,582,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
The bible is fables and things recorded decades, if not centuries, after the actual death of Jesus. Nobody is worshipping a beast, their is no mark on anyone's forhead saying 666. You're looking to justify any random thing you can as a sign that validates your archaic belief system. By calling people the antichrist, you're mostly shutting down your own ability to learn what's really out there. It's akin to quoting lines from the Lord of the Rings movies.

You are putting every bit of faith, understanding, and trust in a 2,000 year old book that was written by shepherds that talks about ridiculous things like slavery beating instructions, human and animal sacrifices, incest, murdering of all kinds of innocent people, and hundreds of other things that make absolutely no sense. It's somewhat disturbing that most christians can't see how that doesn't mesh with the concept of an all loving, forgiving, "God". It's 100% pure contradiction. You have to literally shut down the reasoning center in your brain to even begin to believe any of it.

Anyone can be in the spirit. It's not given to the elected of a specific race or religion. You can't buy or sell it. It's not something material. It's the energy that encompasses all living things, including you and your pets. Once something departs their physical sheath, they are in the spirit. That can be done temporarily while alive or somewhat of a more permanent scale once their body expires.

That can all be verified by anyone, right now. Anyone who desires it can prove to themselves that what I'm saying is true. Religion on the other hand cannot and will not ever be verified until people die and see what's really out there.

Also, you can't prove a negative. What you posted here
"You can't tell me that this is spiritual or that it has already come to pass. Prove it." will never come to fruition, so it can't ever be proven. This is like me asking you to prove that I can't fly. You can't do it.

And you can ignore scriptures that are as plain as the nose on your face, and I have a pretty big nose. It's taken me years to uncondition the 15+ years of religious brain washing I've been subjected to. Once you start to feel free though, it's truly an amazing feeling. Only through asking questions of others, and yourself, then by discovering things through your own journies and trials, will you find peace, love, and understanding.
What happened to you Jason? It seems I remember previous posts of yours where you were a Christian and you believed the Bible as truth, or somewhat truth anyway. I agree that there are contradictory things in the Bible and that the OT is way on out there as far as some of the stories but the NT should be viewed as the truth of what God is all about through Jesus Christ, and that is the things you mentioned like peace, love and understanding. Jesus brought all of those things, and He's the only way to achieve those things. There are truths in the Bible that you are obviously missing and your cynicism towards the whole thing is keeping you from seeing the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity