U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What is your Opinion of these TV Preachers
Billy Graham: For 15 62.50%
Billy Graham: Against 5 20.83%
Joyce Meyer: For 7 29.17%
Joyce Meyer: Against 8 33.33%
T.D. Jakes: For 3 12.50%
T. D. Jakes: Against 6 25.00%
Beth Moore: For 8 33.33%
Beth Moore: Against 7 29.17%
Benny Hinn: For 3 12.50%
Benny Hinn: Against 13 54.17%
Dr. Charles Stanley: For 14 58.33%
Dr. Charles Stanley: Against 6 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:26 PM

7,250 posts, read 6,466,556 times
I record Joyce Meyer on the DVR every morning, although I only watch her maybe once or twice out of all those weekday recordings in my downtime on the weekend. She is a hoot - great sense of humor - and I really enjoy her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 AM

3,060 posts, read 6,919,002 times
Marks, are you a part of one of those churches that hands out flyers at the Billy Graham Crusades saying that BG is not a Christian????

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Except for some doctrinal issues I like Dr Kennedy. He's been going through some tough times with heart problems and I've been praying for him.

The others?

Billy Graham: Against - What can I say.

Joyce Meyer: Against - I get very ill when I see her she makes me sick. She sould shut her mouth. She in serious trouble with God acting like a man and a minister. Do some research on her estate in MO! She's been in trouble with taxes too. Many, many doctrinal issue with her.

T. D. Jakes: Against - He's bad news, many doctrinal issue with him, and is a oneness preacher and denies the deity of Christ.

Beth Moore: Against - Has no business teaching and again should be quiet.

Benny Hinn: Against - Are you kidding me you have to ask? Another one deeply in trouble with God!

Dr. Charles Stanley: Against - Not bad, some doctrinal issues, but got into some trouble some time ago on his divorce, and his son was so upset he started his own ministry. Not sure what the deal is now.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:31 AM

3,073 posts, read 8,277,200 times
Where's Creflo? lol

Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 AM

Marks,

Can I ask what kind of church you go to? I am guessing very fundamentalist and believing most other churches are heretics and wrong.

Are you also the church that hands out flyers at the BG Crusades encouraging people NOT to attend because he is a heretic?

I have issues with many evangelists on TV, but it concerns me when I see someone thinking Billy Graham isn't one to be listened to.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:34 AM

Actually, I was wondering about Fred Price!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Where's Creflo? lol

Old 05-24-2007, 10:49 AM

3,927 posts, read 5,582,458 times
I believe we can tell the faith of t.v. evangelists by how they conduct themselves. If God is not in their actions, we can tell it.

Billy Graham has lived a wonderful example of Christ and it shows, and Franklin is following his foot steps.

Beth Moore as far as I can tell is also living a wonderful example of Christ.

Dr. Charles Stanley might have had issues with his divorce, but we are all human and all sin. I do not know what is going on with he and his son, but is it our business to pry into private issues so deeply?
One can tell he has great amount of love for Christ, and it shows.

Joyce Meyers - She is abrasive, but the lady calls it like she sees it. I like her.

Benny Hinn - no, I cannot say that I do like him.

There was another that I really liked, he was a Jewish person who was also Christian and recently died, his name was Zola Levitt. He really tried to explain Jewish tradition to non Jews and taught to Jewish people about Christ.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:16 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,480,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Actually, I was wondering about Fred Price!!!!

Hey, I like that man! He gets his point across, he's funny, and a great personality!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:20 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,480,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I believe we can tell the faith of t.v. evangelists by how they conduct themselves. If God is not in their actions, we can tell it.

Billy Graham has lived a wonderful example of Christ and it shows, and Franklin is following his foot steps.

Beth Moore as far as I can tell is also living a wonderful example of Christ.

Dr. Charles Stanley might have had issues with his divorce, but we are all human and all sin. I do not know what is going on with he and his son, but is it our business to pry into private issues so deeply?
One can tell he has great amount of love for Christ, and it shows.

Joyce Meyers - She is abrasive, but the lady calls it like she sees it. I like her.

Benny Hinn - no, I cannot say that I do like him.

There was another that I really liked, he was a Jewish person who was also Christian and recently died, his name was Zola Levitt. He really tried to explain Jewish tradition to non Jews and taught to Jewish people about Christ.
I agree with you!

Re Charles Stanley: He is truly a humble man of God. I read about his divorce at one point -- it was his wife who left, not his choice. He offered to step down from being pastor at his church, but his church overwhelmingly wanted him to remain in that position. I don't know anything about the relationship with his son, so can't comment on that.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:19 PM

Sorry for the double questions on 2 different posts. I thought that one of them didn't go through so I asked again.

Dawn

Old 05-24-2007, 05:18 PM

1,958 posts, read 3,368,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Marks,

Can I ask what kind of church you go to? I am guessing very fundamentalist and believing most other churches are heretics and wrong.

Are you also the church that hands out flyers at the BG Crusades encouraging people NOT to attend because he is a heretic?
I would not be considered fundamentalist. I am nondenominational, and we gather at each others homes. No, I do not hand out flyers.

"I have issues with many evangelists on TV, but it concerns me when I see someone thinking Billy Graham isn't one to be listened to."

One has to research those teaching the Gospel and see if they are teaching truth or not. If folks don't trust those with experience in these matters then folks should do the research for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity