Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 04:11 PM

3 posts, read 4,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
You crack me up! People pay big bucks to get "enlightened" every Sunday....it is called C H U R C H! So you want freedom for Christian things but nothing of any other religion...(granted it is as silly as Christianity...) The fact is that the statue offends Christians....
Dani Mae. The point I made is they are breaking the law. They are not asking for an optional donation such as a church does. If you dont pay you don't get to stay at the retreat center. They are a business and should pay taxes as one. They should apply for permits truthfully for what they are really going to do. This is not a religious issue. It's about following the laws that we all should to live together in harmony. But if you want the facts of who Ilchi Lee really is lets go there. I was at the zoning meeting and there were Koreans there that are afraid of this group. They have seen this group in Korea and they know what Ilche Lee has done in the past to those who apose him.

[SIZE=3]Find out the truth about the group who are putting up the “Mago” statue. This group of people follows a man who calls himself Ilchi Lee. He is the leader of a movement he calls Dahn-hak. This group will paint itself as wanting “harmony” and “no conflict” and proposes to be about saving the environment, but saying this does not make it true. We need to look at actions and behavior to see if they are really about harmony and environment. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Now this group that speaks of “no conflict” and “harmony” wants to put up essentially a bill board on the highway to draw in people to their retreat center. And the way they go about it is to conflict with the laws we have (zoning laws) to control such things. So far they were given a 10 day temporary permit to put up a statue for an event. Not to keep it up permanently. If you go see this statue you will find their intention was to always make it permanent. The framework for the statues platform is large steel I-beams imbedded in a large concrete foundation. This is a group that through deception tries to get what it wants instead of going through the process that we all should follow (the law) to avoid conflict in our society. The truth is the only time these people are in harmony is if they get to do whatever they want in spite of the law. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] What I see from investigating the Dahn-hak movement and its leader is a repeated trend that tells me there is hypocrisy. Saying you are for the environment while driving a Hummer speaks loud and clear the truth, that you care about your comfort more than the environment. Putting up a large statue that blocks the view is not saving the environment. Bringing in 170 million dollars in revenue while giving nothing to environmental causes does not say you are for the environment. Past behavior is a certain way to project future behavior. This organization and its leader have a long line of lawsuits following them showing anything but harmony and lack of conflict. These lawsuits have been about sexual exploitation, not adequately compensating employees, and use of mind and behavior control over those unfortunate enough to follow them. Widespread use of mind control in an organization to promote dependency and complete obedience to a leader is cause for concern. That is why the label cult is used by many to describe them. It is important to understand that destructive mind control can be determined when the overall effect of these four components (behavioral control, information control, thought control, and environmental control) promotes dependency and obedience to some leader or cause. Mind controlled cult members can live in their own apartments, have nine-to-five jobs (in this case as many as 18 hours a day), be married with children, and still be unable to think for themselves and act independently. Why do past members that have nothing to gain say this about what Ilchi Lee is doing? Why do accusations continue to follow him from Korea, to San Francisco, and now to Sedona? These are not the same people making these claims but instead independent people who through their own different experiences have come to the same conclusions. And out of care for others and not monetary gain have told the truth to prevent harm to others. See [/SIZE][SIZE=3]www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/groups/d/dahn-hak[/SIZE][SIZE=3] to see the real truth. Or go to [/SIZE][SIZE=3]www.rickross.com/groups/dti.html[/SIZE][SIZE=3] or [/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://selectsmart.com/ilchilee.html[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] This organization operates under a complex web of corporate names and entities : BR consulting, Mago Earth Inc, Vortex Inc, Tao Fellowship, Dahn Yoga and Health Centers, Body and Brain Clubs. They try to conceal that the 150 Dahn Yoga Centers in the US and 300 in Korea and 200 in Japan are used to recruit and indoctrinate people into the Dahn organization and subject them to a pattern of psychological manipulation, thought control, and coercive persuasion to be influenced by Ilchi Lee and then used for his personal gain. Seek the truth. [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 04:53 PM

3 posts, read 4,664 times
Default You are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There's a new 'Christian' bookstore going in next to Trader Joe's in my town. I may not like it, but I also do not 'pray' that it closes down, putting people out of jobs and leaving yet another vacant building to scar the landscape.

You wonder why people don't respect you or your religion and then talk about praying that shops close down. Shops that have nothing to do with you at all.

Sorry, but this whole thread disgusts me. I may not agree with Dhana Yoga, or 'Mago', but I also do not advocate for burning down or destroying their statue. If it's against the permit/law, then take it down. If it's on private property, tough cookies.

You will never ever hear of me wanting to tear down and burn the crosses that litter the area around my house. 33 churches in a 5 mile radius. I'm tolerant of your 'beliefs', try and be tolerant of others.
I'm glad to hear you don't want to harm the churches in your area. I am a Christian and I am just for them (Mago group) going about business within the law as the churches are required to do. Problem is that this really is not a church but a business. They are not asking for donations. They are selling something and there is a difference. But you are right. Christians are to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. I do not pray for the harm of this group. Most of the people associated with the Mago thing are well intentioned. The problem is the leader may not be. And you are right about religion not being respected because of behavior of it's followers or it's leaders. The main reason many people do not become Christian is because of Christians. Don't sell short Jesus because of actions of some people. You will find that Christians as a whole do a lot of good in the world. My church (a very small one) donated over 30,000 dollars of supplies to the Huricane Katrina cause. Thats addition to the money we donated to our church for normal operation.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizona Jones View Post
I'm glad to hear you don't want to harm the churches in your area. I am a Christian and I am just for them (Mago group) going about business within the law as the churches are required to do. Problem is that this really is not a church but a business. They are not asking for donations. They are selling something and there is a difference. But you are right. Christians are to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. I do not pray for the harm of this group. Most of the people associated with the Mago thing are well intentioned. The problem is the leader may not be. And you are right about religion not being respected because of behavior of it's followers or it's leaders. The main reason many people do not become Christian is because of Christians. Don't sell short Jesus because of actions of some people. You will find that Christians as a whole do a lot of good in the world. My church (a very small one) donated over 30,000 dollars of supplies to the Huricane Katrina cause. Thats addition to the money we donated to our church for normal operation.
I know most Christians are very unlike their Christ. I also know that I will never believe in Christ, or his divinity as I am not of the persuasion. I do respect your belief in 'him' though and will never force you or even ask you to believe otherwise. It just irritates me to no end that people would openly offer to help destroy another groups monument NOT because it's a business (because yes, I did get that) but because it is 'not of your (christian) god'.

I was in New Orleans after Katrina with my company helping out firsthand, so yes...I did see the destruction. We shut down our business for 3 weeks and most of the employees left to go help...we also flew volunteers FOR FREE if they were able to go. Most of us are Agnostics and Atheists.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:33 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
If they are breaking laws then something needs to be done regarding whatever laws they are breaking. If this were happening in my community that would be my reaction, and nothing more. Although I could also understand it if many in the community found the statue to be an eyesore and wanted it removed for that reason. As far as the religious aspect of it, I couldn't care less what someone wants to believe as long as they don't expect/demand I believe it, too. And if people want to pay for some "religious enlightenment", then more power to them, regardless of the religion. As long as it's done legally.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:18 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There's a new 'Christian' bookstore going in next to Trader Joe's in my town. I may not like it, but I also do not 'pray' that it closes down, putting people out of jobs and leaving yet another vacant building to scar the landscape.

You wonder why people don't respect you or your religion and then talk about praying that shops close down. Shops that have nothing to do with you at all.

Sorry, but this whole thread disgusts me. I may not agree with Dhana Yoga, or 'Mago', but I also do not advocate for burning down or destroying their statue. If it's against the permit/law, then take it down. If it's on private property, tough cookies.

You will never ever hear of me wanting to tear down and burn the crosses that litter the area around my house. 33 churches in a 5 mile radius. I'm tolerant of your 'beliefs', try and be tolerant of others.
Please note that I did not pray that it would close down. Because I didn't. I prayed for these people. That they would know God and they and their families would be blessed. I prayed for the builiding itself that it would be a blessing to the neighborhood. I prayed for GOD'S WILL for these people and the building. Not mine. I pray all the time. It's what I do. I'm the person people call at two in the morning when their lives are falling apart.

BTW - My best friend is a Wiccan. Yup! Have known her for 39 years. I love and respect her. And, yes, she's one of the people who calls me to ask for prayer. The only time I ever tried to convert her I said, "You want something special? Jesus came back from the dead! Top that!"

Though I don't know what happened to the people who worked at the bookstore it was turned into a place that made crowns and dentures within a week. Employed more people than the bookstore.

I don't judge people. That's not my job. There's my friend the Wiccan. My mother-in-law is Jewish and she's one of my best friends. I thank God she is in my life every single day. I have the honor of sitting at her Seder table.

I believe in the Charismatic Christian belief in the gift of discernment as given to some by the Holy Spirit. People who understand that will understand my original post.

Peace.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I hope you don't plan on taking that tunnel vision mentality to the P and Z meeting. The statues and park are on private property. We live in the United States and are free to worship or ignore any deity/deities.
From a distance, Cornville Road and 89A, the statue looks like it is part of the newly built Catholic Church. Perhaps that part of 89A can be a church row. The location is convenient for most of the Verde Valley. Let all denominations buy land and build in that area.
So there's one post of reason here! Geez, talk about religious intolerance! Fundies are all about religious tolerance until they're expected to tolerate anything other than their own personal beliefs!

Old 01-29-2010, 11:42 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
FYI......
even in the city of the space cadets ( yes S E D O N A...the home of many liberal space cadets) this group is facing zoning infractions. This isn't about Christians being intolerant denverian.....but nice try.

Mago Retreat facing county zoning violation

"The Mago Earth Park is not the only Tao Fellowship property facing review by a government agency.
The Sedona Mago Retreat, at the opposite end of Bill Gray Road, is the training center for the organization's Dahn Yoga centers, Body and Brain Clubs near colleges and other institutions related to the teachings of Master Ilchi Lee............

that the retreat is conducting commercial activities that go well beyond the permit allowed to a religious institution."

Old 01-30-2010, 08:11 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
This isn't about Christians being intolerant denverian.....but nice try.
The first page of this thread certainly doesn't seem to address zoning violations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
This is another Satanic attack on truth. I had never heard of this Mago religion or philosophy before, at least not by that name, but it is clearly pagan. Earth is not our mother. We are not a child of the earth. Nor are we earth citizens. Neither is all humanity 'one'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Burn it to the ground!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Maybe Christians can pull It down after the rapture along with all graven images on the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
This will not go un-noticed by God.
I had no idea God and Christians could become so incredibly upset from simple zoning violations.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,485 times
Just because you are brainwashed to believe that you are right and everone else is wrong, does not mean you are right in hating those who are different from you all. "God" has many faces and many names but then again so do we. We are fathers, husbands, brothers, sons, nephews... We do not show the same side to everyone, but that doesn't mean that part does not exist, or it is wrong to know another side.
If we were truely created in "Gods" image then we too are known in different ways. Put away your pride and learn from others...

And make no mistake... thinking your beliefs are right and everyone else's is wrong is Pride! and that is a sin...is it not?

Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemoonraven View Post
And make no mistake... thinking your beliefs are right and everyone else's is wrong is Pride! and that is a sin...is it not?
So stop sinning............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity